The Bet

Light within Darkness

Same thing happened the next few days. During homeroom, students from thier class would ridicule her. One day, its gotten so bad that Hee Young walked away, went to the bathroom and cried. Minho on the other hand, couldn't take this anymore. He yelled "Everybody, you all need to stop harassing Hee Young! All of you are cruel people who keeps making Hee Yong suffer! I mean, what wrong has she done? So what if her family went bankrupt? It's not like it's her fault! Also, it's been almost 3 years ago, gosh people just let it go! I'm not asking for too much. I'm not asking for you guys to be friends with her. I'm just asking you to stop bullying her and leave her alone! Please have a heart!" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every lunch time, Hee Young was alone again. She got what she wanted. Minho left her alone. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One lunch time, the guys that Minho was sitting with confronted him "Hey Minho, tell us honestly, why are you so quick to defend Hee Yong? Do you like her or something? hahaha" Minho responded "No it's not like that. I just really wanted to be her friend because I feel so sorry for her." 

Other guys: It's hopeless, there is no way you can be friends with her no matter how hard you try. She lives in her own world and she doesn't want to be friends with anybody. We know that you know that already so if we were you, we'd stop trying. You're just wasting your efforts"

Minho: No, I'm not going to stop trying. I am going to be her friend!

Other guys: Let's make this interesting. Let's make a bet. Instead of you just being her friend, you should make her your girlfriend. If you can't do it by the end of this school year, next year, I'm going to tell all of the students in this whole school to bully, ridicule, and harass both of you, 10 times worse than what Hee Young is going through now.

MInho: And if I can make her my girl, what's gonna happen then?

Other guys: We will leave Hee Young alone AND I will make all of the students that harassed her before, APOLOGIZE to her, and to treat her nicely and make her high school experience a happy one - one that she will never forget. 

Minho: That's not enough

Other guys: OK, what about we'll do whatever you guys want us to do for a whole month

Minho: DEAL!

guys talking together: Neo micheoseo?? Are you crazy? what if he wins this bet? I don't want to be a slave.....more importantly, I don't want to be HER slave!

guy1: Guenchanha. There's no need to worry, it's Hee Young we're talking about. 

No one knew that there was someone else who overheard of this bet - MAX CHANGMIN (He won't come to the story till later)

Minho: I WILL make her my girl and I WILL make you guys feel sorry for everything you've done to her!