Meeting Hee Kyung's Parents

Light within Darkness

They both walked together to go to Hee Youngs home. Before Hee Young came in, she told Minho to wait outside the door. Hee Young went inside and called her parents. Her parents rushed to the door and Minho got shocked and a little nervous. He was thinking "why would she call her parents out? Is she trying to get me in trouble by walking her home?"

Once her parents are out, Hee Young said, Mom, Dad, remember him? He's my friend that passed out....the one we took care of. Hee Youngs dad said "Hey son, I remember you. Wanna come in?" Then the mother said "Come on in, please join us for dinner" before Minho could answer, Hee Young dragged him inside. 

Hee Young's dad told him to feel at home. He saw the mom cooking dinner for us and Hee Young preparing the table for us. Minho got up and asked the mom if she needed help. The mom said she got it but Minho insisted to help her and so she let him and to her amazement, he can cook. 

Mom: How did you learn to cook so well?

Minho: I learn from cooking shows. I had to feed myself ever since I was 10 so I had to learn how to cook for myself. 

Mom: Why is that? 

Minho: My parents are working abroad and they live there now. I was left here by myself to fend for myself.

The mother felt so sorry for him that she stopped what she was doing and gave him a big hug. 

Mom: Well. whenever you don't feel like cooking, come over, we'll cook for you.

The dad heard the conversation and said "Forget that, just come over whenever you feel like it. Our door is always opened for you. You can come everyday if you want"

They all ate the delicious mill that Mrs. Jung prepared for them. 

After eating, both Mr. and Mrs. Jung formally apologized to Minho because of what happened to him because of their daughter. Minho told them that it's nothing. It's not Hee Young's fault and that they don't need to be sorry at all. Everything was then settled. 

After a little while, Minho got a little teary eyed,

they all saw him crying and asked him what was wrong and he told them that it's nice having a family, people who are there for you all the time, to take care of you and to cook you delicious meals. I haven't experienced this for more than 5 years. I'm just missing it. I'm sorry I got carried away by my emotions. He wiped the tears and smiled. They all gave him a big hug. They made him feel like he was part of their family.

It was then time for him to go and the dad said "Be careful out there" the mom said "Come back anytime ok?" And minho responded postiively "Yes, I will definitely come back. Thank you so much for the hospitality you showed me today. I will always remember this"

Hee Young walked him out and they talked some more. 
Hee Young: I'm sorry you had to deal with my family's craziness

Minho: Are you kidding me, your parents are awesome! I love them! I'm jealous of you. You have such amazing parents that loves you and cares for you. 

Hee Young: Don't worry, you're always welcomed to our house. Come over anytime. We'd love to have you :) 

before they separate, they both gave each other a hug and said, end of celebration. Minho said "bye, I'll see you tomorrow" 

Hee Young thanked her parents for welcoming him like he was their own child and her parents was happy she was finally able to make a new friend. Hee Young went to sleep happy. So did Minho.