It's a matter of acceptance

As One Loving Ice Cream

 

 

“Seriously Kim! No one would think that you’re a girl.” Pie said her face become so serious.

 

 

“I don’t think so. You’re the only person that thinks I’m a boy.” She chuckles.

 

 

“Am I that stupid for not recognizing that you’re a girl?!” Pie ask Kim.

 

 

“No. Not that. Sorry if I didn’t tell you earlier. I didn’t realize that you keep calling me “poor boy!”.” Kim said worried.

 

 

“Don’t be. It’s not your fault actually.” Pie said to Kim. And the atmosphere becomes much more serious.

 

 

Where’s my rudeness?? I don’t feel hard feeling towards her. Pie’s thinking.

 

 

“W-w-why you look like that?” Pie ask curiously.


 

 

“Look what?!” Kim ask Pie “Ahh.. Like this? Uhm well, I’m comfortable with it.” Kim said to Pie smile sweetly.

 

 

“You’re a girl.” Pie confirms.

 

 

“Yes I’m a girl who gets attracted with a girl.” Kim wink as if she’s teasing Pie.

 

 

Pie don’t know what to feel but she’s so nervous about the last sentence Kim utters. Pie didn’t say any word and it was so quiet that time.

 

“Hey! Pie? Are you alright?” Kim asks Pie looking at her eyes. “Don’t think too much. What I said a while ago is the real me.” Kim looking to Pie at her eyes. Her eyes is so transparent and it reflects on what she’s saying.

 

 

Pie is still silenced eating her food.

 

 

So she’s telling the truth! Her eyes just tell me to believe her! I can’t say any word! Why am I being sensitive on other’s feeling now? This is not me! C’mon Pie! Say something! Pie’s thinking.

 

 

“So you’re a Tom?” Finally breaks her silence.

 

 

“Ahh! Uhhm! I don’t know. I just love being surrounded by girls. But don’t get me wrong! I’m not a ert or something.” Kim said to Pie still smiling.

 

 

“So you are.” Pie said and resume eating.

 

 

“Ehh? What’s with the reaction?” Kim ask sseems worried that Pie might refuse her friendship.

 

 

Pie still silently eating the food.

 

 

“I know what you feel.” Kim said to Pie faking her smile.

 

 

“Huh? About what? Pie ask not looking to Kim.

 

 

“About me... being a tom.” Kim said feeling hurt about Pie’s reaction.

 

 

“Crazy! It’s not like that!” Pie said confused.

 

 

Not like that Kim! It’s this heart! This heart keeps on beating fast! Even if I know you’re a girl! Tell me Kim? What’s wrong with me? I don’t understand myself now. I’m so confused! Pie’s thinking.

 

 

“I’m used to it Pie. Don’t worry.” Kim said faking her smile. “I don’t expect you to accept me as who I am I just want to be friends with you that’s all.” She continues. “Others misunderstood on what my real intention is. They are all thinking that I’m being friendly with them because I want them to be my girl. But its not!” Kim sighs and said looking at Pie sadly. “At the end of the day. It’s just only Mom who can accept the fact that I am a tom.” She said smiling when she remembers her Mom.

 

 

“Of course she will accept me! I’m still her daughter after all.” Kim chuckles.

 

 

“You’re lucky.” Pie smile at her.

 

 

 

“Uuhm.” Kim nodded.

 

 

 

“I don’t mind if others can’t understand me. As long as  Mom does. I’m so thankful to have her. She’s very open minded, well I admit at first she don’t want to believe it but later on she accept me. I understand that she’s hurt but what I can do? I didn’t choose to be a tom. I become like this without noticing it. Maybe God has plan for me. I am born to be true not to be perfect.” Kim said to Pie proudly.

 

 

 

“You’re such a drama Queen!” Pie teases Kim and laugh.

 

 

 

“No I’m not! It is your fault!” Kim said to Pie pretending she’s mad.

 

 

“Eh?? Why me?! I didn’t say anything.” Pie said Kim.

 

 

“That hurt me most! You’re not saying anything! I don’t know if you’re afraid of me because I’m a tom!” Kim said pouting her lips.

 

 

You're doing that cute expression again!! Don't do that!!  Pie's thinking.

 

 

 

“Aiiish! You silly kid!” Pie hit Kim’s head using her spoon.

 

 

 

“Awwww! You’re such a sadist!! Why do you keep on hitting me??! You’re abusing my kindness!” Kim chuckles and massaging her head.

 

 

Pie laugh. “Sorry! It’ my reflex.” Pie throw her tongue out.

 

 

My intention is clear. I want to be her friend. Let’s stay like this huh? Will you? Kim’s thinking and smiling at Pie.

 

 

It’s not that bad having a friend like you. Sorry if I hurt you. I can be your friend don’t you say I can’t. I don’t just know how to react with my heart beat this fast when I’m looking at you.  Pie’s thinking.