Oh! My Goddess!

As One Loving Ice Cream

 

 

School Semester Break

 

“May I have 2 kilos of milled rice and 1 bottle of liquid soap please?”  A girl customer said.

 

Ohh! Geez! This is so annoying. Do I have to lock myself selling goods all the time? I think half of my teenage life is taken away. Ugh! So annoying! Kim said to herself.

 

Ma! Please hand me that liquid soap please.

 

Here Kim! Stay here in the store for a while I’ll just go to your Aunt In’s  house to give this ripe mangoes to her. And by the way I made some adjustments about the price of this item BLABLABLABLAASDGJKLAHRHJADKLFHAQIURQKASGZMASDGJKASLDKGJGASKGJALSKDGJ. *Kim’s Mother explaining*

 

Kim annoyingly packing 2 kilos of milled rice in a plastic bag.

 

Out of the blue.

 

A beautiful girl wearing yellow printed t-shirt and rugged shorts passed by their store going to Aunt In’s apartment direction. She seems so peaceful and beautiful enough to catch Kim’s attention. Kim is keeping an eye in her.

 

*Wind blows and the girls hair waving* 

 

 

Oh! My Goddess. Said kim to herself smiling.

 

*Rice milled poured into the ground*

 

“Oiii! Kim! Are you with me?!” Mom said to Kim. “What are you looking at?” follow up question.

 

“You just spill the rice into the ground! What a waste.”

 

Kim hurriedly fixed the customer’s order.

 

Here P’. Two kilos of milled rice and one liquid soap and here’s your change. Sorry it took you so long. Kim scratching her head smiling widely.

 

Oh crap! That girl just caught my attention. She seems new in here. Is she the new tenant  at Aunt In's apartment that P’Van’s  referring to?  Said Kim to herself.

 

“Sorry! What are you explaining by the way ma?”

 

Forget it Kim! I’ll just leave you a note in the table.

 

“We-we-wait ma! Are you going to aunt In’s apartment now? “ said Kim Cheerfully.

 

“Ah! Yea? Why?” Kim Mom’s answered.

 

“Oh Ma! Let me handle this! You just stay in here and let me deliver those ripe mangoes on Aunt In? Look! The sun is so up! It may cause you heat .” Kim worriedly offers. But in the back of her mind she’s just tricking her mom to avoid her responsibilities in the shop and she just want to follow the girl she saw a while a ago.

 

*With a touched expression* “Ohh. How sweet of you. Okay. I’ll stay here and be sure to return immediately.” Mom said.

 

“Yes  mom! I will!” Kim said

 

Kim turn her back to her mom with victory expression all over her face.

 

Kim’s thinking: I won mom! HAHAHA!

 

Rushing herself in front of the mirror fixing her hair while whistling. Checking her face. Put up baby powder in her face, perfume in her neck and alcohol in her hands. Why so handsome Kim? Kim said and wink on herself and chuckles. Okay done!

 

Kim rapidly pick up her bike and place the mangoes in the basket in front of her bike.

 

She moves out from the gate.

 

“Oh? She’s gone? Pretty fast.” Kim scratching her head.

 

Where on earth did she go? With that short leg of hers? Too fast. Kim said to herself with *kilig* face.

 

Author’s note: Kilig – is a verb Filipino word. It is a ticklish feeling when you get something romantic happens. Or when you see your crush. Sometimes you also feel it when you’re excited. :)