Encounter

As One Loving Ice Cream

Next Morning.

 

 

Kim blinded by the light passing through the curtains of her windows. “Uuughh!” Kim grunt as she pulls herself up in the bed stretching her arms. “I can still taste it.” She said to herself smiling and bites her lips as she tried to remember kissing Pie.

 

 

 

Tok! Tok! Tok!

 

 

 

“Kim?! Are you asleep?” Mom knocking at her door.

 

 

 

Aish! Seriously Ma, you always find time to ruin the mood. Kim said to herself scratching her head pick her phone up and placed it to her pocket.

 

 

 

 

 “No Ma! Please come in.” She answered fixing herself.

 

 

 

Her Mom open the door and walk towards her and sit down on a small chair beside her bed.

 

 

 

“What brings you here?” Kim asked her Mom as she stand up and starts to fold her blanket.

 

 

 

 

“Someone’s looking for you sweety.” Mom answered back.

 

 

 

 

“Ehh? This early?! Who?” Kim answered right away curiously.

 

 

 

 

“Me!” A soft angelic voice answered standing at the door.

 

 

 

 

“Yam?!” Kim looked at Yam from head to toe. Yam didn’t change at all she’s still beautiful. Kim’s thinking looking at Yam astonished.

 

 

 

“Neeeh! I never failed to impress you. Right Kim?” Yam smiled teasing Kim.

 

 

 

“Uhh- Yea! N-no I mean” Kim on the other hand straighten up her mind. “S-s-ince when did you arrive?” Kim asked Yam.

 

 

 

“Just now.” She smiled. “I’m so thankful that Aunt accommodated me.” Yam winked at Kim’s Mom and Mom smiled back to her.

 

 

 

“Ehh?” Kim looking at the both of them had no idea on what’s going on.

 

 

 

“She’s staying here for a while Kim. Since Yam is not others to us.” Mom smiled at Kim.

 

 

 

“Uh-heh.” Kim nodded disbelief on what she heard.

 

 

 

“Let’s go. Have breakfast first.”Mom stand up in the chair and head to the door. “You two! Just follow me at the dining area.” She added and leave.

 

 

 

Kim resume on what she’s doing Yam walk near her and hug her from behind enough to stop Kim on what she’s doing.

 

 

 

“I miss you Kim.” Yam said tighten her arms around Kim’s waist.

 

 

 

“Yam.” Kim trying to escape on Yam’s arm but Yam didn’t let her go.

 

 

Whenever you want it.

Whenever you need it.

Whenever you feel like, it’s gon’ be like

You better believe it.

 

Whenever you feel like dancing

You don’t have to dance alone, no

You know, you know, you know

You should already know

 

I choose you, I choose you

I choose you, I choose you

 

*Kim’s caller alert tone*

 

 

Kim pull her phone on her pocket and look whose calling.

 

 

Goddess calling..

 

 

Goddess eh?? I wonder who is it? Yam thinking as she removed her arms to Kim’s waist.

 

 

Kim keep her distance to Yam and answer the phone.

 

 

*Phone Conversation*

 

 

Kim : Hello?

 

 

 

Pie : Good Morning Kim. Are you busy today?

 

 

Kim : Not that much. Why my Goddess? *Smiling*

 

 

Pie : Eii! Nasty! Who’s your Goddess? *Rolled her eyes a little bit flattered about the goddess thing* Can we meet today? *Baby talking.*

 

 

 

Kim: I miss you. So much. I’ll try. Okay?

 

 

As Yam faked her smile and rolled her eyes as she hear it.

 

 

Pie : Ohh. Is that so? *Disappointed*

 

 

 

Kim looked back at Yam.

 

 

 

Kim : I’m sorry. But I’ll try okay. I’ll just text you if I can make it okay?

 

 

 

Pie : Okay. I’ll wait for you bye. *Pie forces a smile*

 

 

 

Kim : Take care. I miss you.

 

 

Pie : Yeah. I will. Bye.

 

 

 

*End of Conversation*

 

 


“Girlfriend?” Yam asked Kim faking her smile.

 

 

 

Kim smile and shake her head. “No! Not yet.” She said.

 

 

 

“Yet?” Yam said felt something prick her heart.

 

 

 

“Uhm.” Kim smiled at her and walk to the door as she grab Yam’s hand. “Let’s go Mom’s waiting for us.” She smiled back at Pie.

 

 

 

NOT YET Yam! You still have the chance. But make sure this time will work just fine. Yam’s thinking looking at Kim and they both went downstairs.

 

 

 

“Come. Let’s eat! Foods are getting colder.” Mom offers Kim sit at the chair Yam follow her and sit beside her.
 

 

 

Yam served food at Kim’s plate.

 

 

 

“It’s okay Yam. No need to do that. I can handle.” Kim said to Yam.

 

 

 

“No I insist.” Yam tapped her hand not giving Kim a permission to stop her.

 

 

 

Mom giving Kim a damn-you’re-lucky look and smile. “UhhmUhm.” Mom clears .

 

 

 

Yam smiled and looked at Mom shyly. 

 

 

 

“So till when you plan to stay in here?” Kim’s Mom asked Yam.

 

 

 

“My plan is until semester break Aunt.” Yam answered politely while Kim is not paying attention eating her food.

 

 

 

“Oh?  Really?! That’s nice. Kim can accompany you. I hope you enjoy your stay in here.” Mom said enthusiastically. “Right Kim?!” she added.

 

 

“Right Kim?!” Mom trying to catch her attention.

 

 

 

 “Uh? Yeah!” Kim Finally answered.

 

 

 

“Great!” Yam smiles and take a bite on her food. “Can you tour me around? I almost forgot everything about Chiang Mai. It seems there’s a lot of changes when I left.” Yam asked Kim.

 

 

 

Kim took her phone and type a message. “Yeah. Sure.” She answered after typing then placed back her phone to her pocket.

 

 

Tiidoong!!~       *Pie’s message alert tone*

 

 

Message Body :

 

Pie I think I can’t make it today.

 My childhood friend just come over to our house for vacation.

Mom wants me to accompany her. Take care Pie. I miss you.

Sender : Kim

 

**************

 

 

“Psh. Childhood friend eh??” Pie irritatingly throw her phone on the sofa bed and release a deep breath. “This is so boring!” Then she lean her head backwards then get her phone again and reply on Kim’s message.

 

 

 

Beep! *Kim’s message alert tone*

 

 

Kim furiously get her phone and read the message.

 

 

Message Body:

 

It’s okay Kim. Just don’t let anybody cling on you or else!

 

Sender:  Goddess

 

**************

 

 

 

“Uh. Kim let’s go to mall first?!” Yam said but Kim overheard it. She looked at Kim giggling at her phone Yam gulps and fakes her smile.

 

 

 

“Kim?!” Calling her attention. “Let’s go to mall first?” She repeats herself.

 

 

 

Kim smiled at her and nodded.

 

 

 

“Okay. After we eat I’ll prepare myself.” Yam answered back excitedly.

 

 

 

Meanwhile..

 

 

I used myself at Kim being around. Now without her I feel I can’t do anything. I really miss her. Pie released a deep breath and stand up. She get her bag and walk in front of the mirror and comb her hair. “Maybe I should tour myself around.” Pie talking to herself after putting up face powder and spraying perfume then take her leave.

 

 

*Kad Suan Kaew Shopping Center*

 

 

“That’s cool! Look at that!” Yam pull Kim’s arm dragging her.

 

 

 

“Haeii. Yam! Stop overacting! Is this your first time to see a dancing fountain?!” Kim teasing Yam.

 

 

 

“Dummy! I’m just amazed!” Yam respond and throws her puppy face.

 

 

 

“Yes you are! As if you’re a 5 year old girl!” Kim agreed teasing Yam laughing.

 

 

 

“Ehh!  You’re so mean! I hate you for that.” Yam pouts her lips and crossed her arms.

 

 

 

“You what?” Kim walked in front of Yam  and smiled at her sweetly.

 

 

 

“Hate you.” Yam said pouting her lips.

 

 

 

“Neeeh! I know you can’t hate me.” Kim pinched Yam’s cheeks and wink.

 

 

 

You seem forget to about everything. Yeah! You’re so damn right! I can’t hate you. I never hated you! Yam said to herself looking at Kim’s face.

 

 

 

 

“Stop acting like a child okay.” Kim smiled giggle and mess her hair.

 

 

 

“Okay I won’t. Let’s go.” Yam wrap around her arms at Kim’s.

 

 

 

 

Kim smirk looked at Yam and scratched her head.

 

 

 

You never changed at all Yam. You’re still childish. Kim’s thinking and smiled. Then both of them continue walking around the mall.

 

 

 

 “Thanks P’” Pie handed the money to the cab driver.

 

 

 

“Kad Suan Kaew Shopping Center” reading the signage at the lobby. “Okay! Let’s go!” Pie said to herself then walk to the entrance door.

 

 

 

“Whoaa. I thought it’s boring to walk by your own. I guess I’m wrong.” Pie talking to herself while her head touring around the mall. “Sometimes it’s a good thing though!” Pie smirk then walk.

 

 

 

“Hey Yam! I’m exhausted. Can we sit for a while?! I can’t feel my feet now. We almost seen a lot.” Kim begging to Yam massaging her knees.

 

 

 

“Aww. Look at my poor boy. Messing her hair.” Yam teasing Kim.

 

 

 

 

“Stop it Yam!” Kim said irritatingly. “For real. I can’t walk any longer. And these bags! You almost bought these whole mall.” Kim added lifting the bags.

 

 


“Okay. Okay.” Yam smiled at Kim and they both walk at the restaurant.

 

 

 

“Good Morning! Table for how many ma’am?” restaurant crew approached them.

 

 

 

“For two. Thank you.” Yam answered back sweetly.

Restaurant crew bows at them and head their way to their table.

 

 


 

“Whoaa! My feet. Huhu. It’s hurts.” Kim exhausted and feeling her feet is getting numb Yam looking at her. She’s so cute especially when she’s being irritated. Hihihi. Yam’s thinking.

 

 

 

“Aw. Look at you!” Yam wiping Kim’s face which is sweating.

 

 

 

“Heh. I’m okay Yam. No need to do that.” Kim said to Yam uncomfortably.

 

 

 

“This mall is so big. Whoaa! Maybe I should eat first, before I roam around.” Pie looking around deciding on what resto she will go to.

 

 

 

“Kim??” Pie stops looking far away frowning her eyebrows. “Huh?!” Pie walk a little closer to take a good look if it’s Kim. ”Childhood friend her ? She must be enjoying while her so called childhood friend of hers baby sitting on her.” Pie widens her eyes talking to herself irritatingly and pick her phone at her pocket then she dialed a number.

 

 

 

“Kim. Where are you?” Pie talked calmly.

 

 

 

“Uh. I’m with my friend, where here at Mall. Why?” Kim answered back on the other line.

 

 

 

“You must be enjoying huh?!” Pie answered coldly.

 

 

 

“Not that much. It is much more enjoyable in your company.” Kim said smiling.

 

 

 

 

“Is that so?” Pie answered again.

 

 

 

 

 “Good afternoon. Table for one ma’am?”  Kim hearing familiar voices at the other line then she began to feel freezing cold touching her hand, her heart beating faster as if she’s doing something erroneous then she look around the main entrance of the restaurant.

 

 

 

“Pie?!” Kim stand up. Oh shoot! I hope she didn’t saw Yam wiping of my face. I am so dead! Kim’s thinking.

 

 

 

“Hi Kim.” Pie faked her smile and walk near them.

 

 

 

 

“Aww. Pie this is Yam my childhood friend.” Kim introduced Yam nervously.

 

 

 

 

 “Swadee Ka.” Yam greeted Pie nicely.

 

 

 

“Uhm. Err.. Yam, this is Pie. She’s my friend.” Kim said.

 

 

 

Friend?? Oh Yeah! Right we’re not putting a label on our friendship yet. I almost forgot. You’re still lucky Yam! I can’t be rude to you for now. Pie faked her smile at Yam. “Wadee!” Pie greeted back.

 

 

“Why don’t you join us?” Yam offers at Pie.

 

 

 

“Uh-Heh- Yeah. Come Pie?” Kim agreed on Yam’s offer.

 

 

 

“Yeah. Sure.” Pie accept Yam’s offer with no hesitations.

 

 

 

Yam sit beside Kim while Pie settled in front of them.

 

 

 

“Go ahead Pie. My treat.” As Yam handed the menu to Pie.

 

 

 

Kim feeling so uncomfortable about the setting. It’s not that she’s doing something to made Pie angry or jealous. She’s frightened about Pie misunderstood Yam’s actions towards her.

 

 

 

 “Garlic scampi Pasta will do. Thank you!” Pie ordered at the crew.

 

“Repeat you oders Ma’am 1 oder of Sweet n’ smokey boneless pork, 1 southern fried chicken and 1 garclic scampi pasta. 3 Brewed Iced tea for drinks. Serving time is 15 to 20 minutes.” Waiter looked at Yam waiting for confirmation.

 

 

“Thank you.” Yam nodded “My pleasure ma’am! Thank you.” as the waiter bows his head and take his leave.

 

 

 

“Uhm. I haven’t seen Miss Pie among your friends before. How did you guys met?” Yam throws an intriguing question at Kim then swing at Pie.

 

 

 

“Uhm. I am new tenant at Aunt In’s apartment. Kim use to accompany me.” Pie answered Yam.

 

 

 

“Is that so?!” Yam said.

 

 

 

“Yeah.” Kim supports Pie’s answer.

 

 

“Oh? Okay.” Yam said and smile. They just met each other? That’s a relief. She’s not a threat after all. Yam said to herself confidently.

 

 

 

 

Pie smile.

 

 

 

 

Dead Air! Any of them didn’t bother to open up conversation. Kim looking at Pie busy with her phone. I wonder what she’s doing on her phone? Is she exchanging messages with somebody else?! In front of me?! This is so ridiculous. I can’t stand it. Kim’s thinking.

 

 

 

Oh shoot! I hate this bird! -__- Damn it!  Pie irritatingly said to herself while playing flappy bird enough to keep herself busy.  I don’t want this girl around Kim! She’s so clingy! Pie talking to herself.

 

 

 

“Aeeii! Kim you’re perspiring.” Yam checked Kim’s back.

 

 

 

Pie looked at them with her signature laser look.

 

“Aunt doesn’t want this. Here let me put this on to you.” Yam stand up and placed a towel at Kim’s back.

 

 

 

Shoot! Please don’t do this Yam! I’m dead for sure! Not to my Mom! With Pie! Kim closed her eyes and bite her lips and crease her forehead.

 

 

 

“You don’t need to do that Yam! It’s okay.” Kim said awkwardly looking at Pie’s reaction giving her a poker face.

 

 

 

Pie smug at Kim and look at her eyes if her eyes can actually kill Kim is dead by now.

 

 

 

Pie’s eyes giving me a goose bumps! I’m so dead!! Don’t look like that Pie. I’m not doing anything wrong! But I’m so scared! Huhuhu! Kim’s thinking don’t know what to do.

 

 

 

“You two seems to have a deep connection with each other?” Pie asked her eyes still glued at Kim.

 

 

“Yes! Indeed!” Yam answered confidently. “Actually we’re..”  

 

 

 

Oh Please Yam! Don’t say anything! Kim praying for Yam not to open .

 

 

 

“Excuse me Ma’am. Sweet n’ smokey boneless pork, southern fried chicken, and garclic scampi pasta waiter placed all the plate at the table. Enjoy your meal. Thank you!“ The waiter bowed at them and leave.

 

 

 

“Phew!” Kim released a her relief. That was close! Why am I so worried? As far as I concern I don’t do awful things. Jesus! I feel like I’m having an affair or what. But I’m actually not! I’m just so afraid! Kim’s thinking.

 

 

 

Yam get a fried chicken and remove the skin Pie looking curiously on what she’s doing. Peeling chicken’s skin eh?? That’s weird of her. Pie’s thinking then took a bite on her food.

 

 

 

“Here Kim.” Yam placed the chicken on Kim’s plate. Pie still looking at them stop chewing her food and smirk. “Seriously?! Huh!” Pie mutters and roll her eyes.

 

 

“Heh! T-T-Thanks Yam.” Kim forced to smile as she looked at Pie. “I’m okay Yam. Please don’t do that.” Trying to stop Yam.

 

 

 

“No. It’s okay! Let me do this. Okay?” Yam smiled at Kim.

 

 

 

Pie looked at them as if daggers or flames are coming out from her eyes.

 

 

 

What the!!! Trying to put on a show?! Who the hell is this Yam to act like that towards Kim!? I can’t stand it! Pie said to herself grip her spoon as she tries to calm herself down. Calm down Pie. Please calm down. Pie control herself not to talk before she spill and rudeness come out from and just continue eating her food.

 

 

 

Kim still looking at Pie but Pie doesn’t show any emotions.

 

 

 

“Where are you going Pie? Do you want to walk with us?” Yam asked and smiled at Pie.

 

 

 

“Actually I’m going now. Thanks for the food Yam.” Pie fake her smile. “I really enjoyed it!” She added sarcastically.

 

 

 

“Nah! It’s okay! Nice meeting you though.” Yam answered sincerely. “Leaving already?” follow up question.

 

 

 

“Yeah.” Pie wipe with white cloth placed on her lap and stand up. “Thanks by the way. I’ll go ahead.” She said coldly without looking at Kim.

 

 

 

 

“Pie wa..” Kim trying to stop Pie, but Yam pull her arms as if she smell something between Pie and Kim.

 

 

 

 

“Let’s go?!” Yam said.

 

 

 

 

“Can we do this some other time?! I’m tired already Yam.” Kim said to Yam coldly and pick up the shopping bag.

 

 

 

 

“Yea sure.” Yam said to Kim faking her smile.

 

 

 

 

Kim walk ahead Yam watching her.

 

 

 

 

Who is she? Who exactly Pie to you? There’s something in your eyes when you looked at her and you never ever looked at me that way. I really want to know who she is. I must be mistaken, she's a threat. She really is. Yam said to herself and followed Kim.