Confection’s Confession

As One Loving Ice Cream

 

 

 

 

“Mike who?! Mike Tyson?!” Kim throws a joke but Pie didn’t buy it. “A minute of silence another joke has died!” Kim do the sign of the cross and pray for the repose soul of her joke.

 

 

 

Author’s note – sign of the cross is a catholic practice. I am not familiar with Buddhism so let’s assume that Kim is catholic.

 

 

 

“Silly!! Stop it. You’re crazy!” Pie finally laugh.  

 

 

 

“Got ya!” Kim teasing Pie “You’re like a little kitten when you laugh!” Kim laughing at Pie.

 

 

 

 

“Crazy!” Pie hit Kim’s head again with her spoon.

 

 

 

 

“Aww!! You’re so brutal!!” Kim massaging her head. “Look its swelling already!” Pointing on the part which is swelling.

 

 

 

 

Pie stand and go to the fridge to get some ice and wrap it in a towel then went back again to Kim. Pie put the ice bags to Kim’s head. 

 

 

 

 

“I didn’t know you have this thoughtful side.” Kim looked up at Pie smiling widely.

 

 

 

Here we go again. Stop with your smiling!! I might get used to it!! Your eyes are just so beautiful as if it’s telling me something, your face! It’s so peaceful as the sea and your smile! That smile! It makes my heart beat so crazy!! Waaaaaaaaa!! Is this thing possible??!! Is there a possibility that I like her???!!!

 

 

 

 

Pie go back to her senses again and avoid Kim’s eyes and sit down in front of her.

 

 

 

 

 

“So what about Mike?” Kim asks still massaging her head with the ice bag.

 

 

 

 

Pie mind is preoccupied. She’s looking down at the table.

 

 

 

 

“Pie!?” Kim checked on Pie looking at her eyes.

 

 

 

 

“Uh yea?! Where are we?!” Pie asks Kim.

 

 

 

 

“Mike. Who is he?” Kim asked Pie curiously.

 

 

 

 

“He’s like a brother to me.” Pie starts sharing. “Ever since we were 10 years old. Our family and Mike’s is business partners, having family dinner and what so ever that’s why we became close.”

 

 

 

“Uhhum.” Kim nodded and listening seriously to Pie.

 

 

 

“But something came up.” Pie sighs.

 

 

 

“What is it?!” Kim asks Pie. “Let me guess. He has feelings for you?!” Kim added but a not sure why she just said that.

 

 

 

 

“Uhm. Sort of.” Pie said. “He wants to put a label on our friend ship.” Pie added looking at Kim.

 

 

 

 

“What happened?” Kim asks hesitant.

 

 

 

 

“I refuse it. I don’t feel any special feelings toward him. Even if I tried so hard, I’m just fooling myself if I said I love him too.” Pie said.

 

 

 

“Oh? Yeah?” Kim said hiding her smile.

 

 

 

Pie nodded.

 

 

 

“He keeps on pushing it. Even how many times I refuse to him. It bothers me. I know he’s hurt but I am too because he’s my big brother/best friend. I may be rough sometimes but I don’t want other people getting hurt because of me.” Pie said worriedly. “So I decided to avoid him.” Pie added.

 

 

 

 

“You know what Pie. It’s not your fault or even Mike.” Kim said to Pie. “I know its hurts to love a person who doesn’t love you back. We always have a choice, but of course we need to be ready for the consequences. If we want to love be ready to get hurt. That’s life! You just did the right thing believe me.” Kim smiles and holds Pie’s hand.

 

 

 

 

Pie looking to Kim’s eyes.

 

 

 

 

I believe in you Kim. I’m  almost convinced that I just do the right thing. Speaking of the right thing! Feeling good when you hold my hand? Heart beats fast when I looked at your eyes?  Is this right? Pie looking at Kim confused.