What the heck?

As One Loving Ice Cream

 

“D-d-id y-you. Uhm. Err.” Pie can’t straighten her tongue frightened. “S-s-see?” She said nervously squeezing her cold freezing hands.

 

 

 

“Yes. I see it all.” Mom interrogating her.

 

 

 

“S-s-since when did you arrive?!” Pie said panting enters the door and walk straight at the fridge get some cold water and drink.

 

 

 

“Just now. I’m lucky to witness all of it. So who is SHE?!” Mom said followed her emphasizing the word SHE.

 

 

 

“K-K-Kim?” Pie answered then sit on the dining table Mom looking at her.

 

 

 

“Oh?! Kim.” Mom sits down at the dining table as well crossing her arms.

 

 

 

 

“Y-y-es M-m-om. She’s a friend of mine.” Pie come up with her “best” alibi for her being “friend” with Kim.

 

 

 

 

“Friend?! Are you sure about that?” Mom keeps on interrogating Pie.

 

 

 

 

“Uh--” Pie just nodded avoiding any eye contact with her Mom.

 

 

 

 

“So. Are all your friends kissing you in your forehead?!” Mom added detaining Pie.

 

 

 

 

“Uh- It’s just her nature Mom. Heh. Really!” Pie try to smile as if she’s convincing her Mom to believed her but Mom is just so suspicious about her.
 

 

 

 

“Oh?! Yeah?!” Mom nodded sarcastically and throw a smile then lean backwards her seat. “Maybe she’s to caring friend to said that she loves you?” Mom added placed her both hands crossing in the table.

 

 

 

Crap Pie. Checkmate! What to do now? I think I can’t fool around with my Mom now. Sigh. Pie’s thinking.

 

 

  

“You are surely disappointed with me now Mom.” Pie said surrendering her flag to Mom she fakes a smile then looked down.

 

 

 

Mom looking her with those creepy death glare that will surely make her pee. At that moment deafening silence landed in the area. Mom’s bluffing aura frightening Pie. That deafening silence lasted for 1 hour.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry Mom.” Pie lift up her head and looked at her Mom sincerely as she could. Her face showed distress and as she closed her eyes, drops slowly ran down her face. She had wiped them so much they were red and swollen. When she went to look around, her vision was blurry; it was difficult for her to see clearly.

 

 

 

Mom loosen her guard as her love for Pie betrayed her.  She stand up and  walk to the kitchen make a cup of hot milk then make her way near Pie. Mom handed the cup of hot milk to Pie. “Shh. Hush now baby.”  Mom said to Pie sobbing hardly then she began patting her back.

 

 

 

“I-I-‘m” Sobs. “S-sorry.” Sobs. Pie can’t talk up straight she’s crying hardly feeling guilty to her Mom. “M-m-om? I-f I happen to love someone? Would you be angry?” Pie said as she placed her head on her Mom’s shoulder sobbing in every other word she utter. Mom listening to her daughter pleading making her hearts torn in to pieces as she wipe of her tears. She can’t say any words keeping Pie clueless of what she feels.

 

 

“No.” Mom finally open . Pie feeling relieved when she heard her Mom’s voice. “If she’s a girl? Would you be disappointed?” Pie bravely said to her Mom with no hesitations.

 

 

 

“Why would I?” Mom placed her cheeks at Pie’s head leaning on her shoulder while she creasing Pie’s hair. After she heard those words Pie began to cry even more.

 

 

 

“Stop crying my princess.” Mom lift Pie’s head at wipe the tears. Pie hugged her tightly as an expression of gratitude towards her Mom. She can’t even say any words to thank her Mom but she’s hoping that the warmth of her touch will knock on her Mom’s heart.  

 

 

 

“I know how hard it is Pie.” Mom confesses. Pie stop crying as she break her hug she looked at her Mom curiously as if searching the answer on her Mom’s face.

 

 

 

“A-a-ctually..” Mom hesitates at first.

 

 

 

“I happen to love a girl way back then.” She smile to Pie as if her smile saying you’re relieved aren’t you?

 

 

 

“Huh? Mom?” Pie surprised on what she heard.

 

 

 

 

Mom nods at her.

 

 

 

 

“F-for real?! S-s-o what happen?!” The mood switched and it’s Pie whose interrogating now.

 

 

 

 

“She happens to be my first love.” Mom comfortably spill it to Pie to make her feel that she’s not alone with her against all odds love journey for Kim.

 

 

 

 

 

Pie widens her eyes when she hear it she can’t say anything or even pick on what words to say. She don’t want her mother to misinterpret on what she might say. She remain silent as her mom continue to tell the whole thing.

 

 

 

 

“Just like Kim. She’s very petite and very handsome girl. She will surely get all girls attention.” Mom started to tell a story she’s smiling while reminiscing her first love Pie attentively listening to her.

 

 

It was my high school year on this exclusive all girls school. I am not that attention catcher at the school, I eat alone I haven’t friends with anyone because I’m so focused with my studies. I’m running for valedictorian award in our batch so I restrain myself from getting along with friends to me studying is a way of life. And this almighty classmate of mine keep on teasing me. Geek! Geek! Nerdy! Nerdy! *Mom chuckles as she remembers* She loves to do that to me every day. She’s has this extreme addiction with brawling, fighting here fighting there. We’re so extremes, I’m on top she’s on top too! Top to the last spot on our exams. *Mom laughed and Pie smiled can’t believe that this kind of story really exist.* and this one day, my homeroom teacher decided to make me her tutor because we’re graduating students she need to cope up for her to march on the stage and she promise to give me and extra curricular grades for that. So, good for me right? Look how greedy I am in terms of grade. *Mom crack a joke on Pie they both seem enjoying the story.* I accepted it. At first, my blood is boiling when I’m seeing her because she loves to tease me though and there is this time when I wake up I just realized that I can’t hardly breathe without her. My own words bounced back at me. I keep on telling to myself that I’m not going to fall in-love with her over my dead body. But it turns to be different. I fell deeply in-love with her. I was so confused! Just like you. I cried a lot. I hurt a lot. But we’re way to different! I can come up with good alibis not like you. *Mom teasing Pie and Pie laughed biting her lips*

 

 

 

 

“So what happen?! How did you guys end up with someone else?” Pie excited for the next episode.

 

 

 

 

“She passed away before our graduation Pie.” Mom sadly said.

 

 

 

 

“Aw. I’m sorry Mom. I feel bad for her.” Pie feeling something that pricks her heart.

 

 

 

A motor crashed accident ended up our story. She passed away due to multiple head injuries. But before she die we made a pact between me and her.

 

 

 

“What pact?” Pie curiously asked.

 

 

 

 

“That she will be the last girl that I’m dealing with. Nothing else.” Mom smiled at Pie.

 

 

 

 

“She do what?!” Pie can’t get what it means.

 

 

 

 

“Promise me I will be your last girlfriend. I’m a jealous person. You know?! Find a real man that will make you happy put up your own family. I would be grateful if that happens.” That is the last words she said before surpass the straight lines.

 

 

 

 

“Aw. That’s so sweet of her.” Pie wiping of her tears.

 

 

 

“I’m so relieved that Mom can understand me.” Pie hugged her Mom tightly.

 

 

 

 

“Thank you Mom. Thank you.” Pie can’t say any words except for this one.

 

 

 

 

“As long as you and Kim is happy. I would be happy.” Mom put her palm at Pie’s face. “But next time make sure that you’ll come up with your best alibis.” Mom teasing her.

 

 

 

 

“Mooooom. You threaten me with your laser eyes! Just imagine how I feel!” Pie said and they both laughed.

 

 

 

 

“I love you princess.” Mom said to Pie proudly. “I accept you for who you are.” She added.

 

 

 

 

“It’s a long tiring night Mom. Thank you for accepting me.” Pie said tiringly. “I love you too.” She added. 

 

 

 

 

“Next time is it okay if I can meet Kim?” Mom asked “I want to see with my own eyes, who made my picky princess to say yes!” She added smiling.

 

 

 

 

“Yes sure Mom. That would be great. But please don’t tell Dad.” She chuckles.

 

 

 

 

“You can always blackmail me.” Mom winked at Pie.

 

 

 

 

This is a tiring day for Pie, but seems the universe is in favor of Kim and Pie? That would be great right?

 

 

 

 

Author’s note -  I don’t want any extreme villain in my story that would be so heart breaking all I want for Pie and Kim is an happy ending. I hope you liked it. Thank you for your continuous support to my story. Salute! =)