Football

Guardian A

Chapter 30

L.Joe's POV

Since that midnight encounter with that mysterious girl at the hospital, I've been tying up any loose ends that I had so that when the times comes I don't die with any regrets, for the last two weeks I've been visit my parents and Hwayoung as much as I could, hanged out with old friends that I haven't seen for years and fulfilled all my activities as a Teen Top member to the best of my abilities. There was still another two weeks left and there was still one thing left that I haven't been able to do, which was to solve my conflict with Niel.
So far I've been able to ask him small questions in which he would reply instead or ignore me and walk off, but I haven't found the chance to talk to him about Hwayoung. When I discussed about this to Chunji he suggested that I pick up the boys from school and try and create more time to talk to him, so wearing a disguise I went to the school to pick them up. As the school bell rung I waited by the school gates, a saw students starting to leave one by one. So far so good, no ones recognised me.
It wasn't until I heard a bunch of girl screaming from the distance which made me flinch, I looked in the direction where the scream came from and saw a herd of girls chasing Niel, Ricky and Changjo and they were running towards me. Ricky and Changjo who saw me recognised who I was immediately shouted to me "RUN!!!!!" and ran pass me, Niel then came toward me and grabbed my wrist and pulled me along making me run with him. After a few minutes of running we managed to lose them girls, we stopped and looked to see ourselves in a empty green park. Everyone was out of breath on the floor huffing and puffing, well except for Changjo, so he went to get us drinks.

"H~yung w~hy w~ere y~out at the s~chool?" Ricky asked me out of breath, "I~I thought I g~go pick y~ou all up f~or a c~change." I replied.
Soon Changjo came back with drinks for all of us we all laid on the grass and relaxed. After a couple of minutes I noticed ten boys playing football not too far away from us, looking at them reminded me of how we were like when all the members would play football together. Then all of a sudden the ball flew into my direction and landed in front of me "Ajusshi! Can you pass the ball to us?" A boy shouted, the members burst out laughing "Ajusshi? Yah! I'm not that old! I'm still in my early twenties." I shouted back to the boy.
"Ei~ don't lie! you look like Ajusshi." The members laughed even harder, "It's not funny." I sulked at them, but they still kept snickering.
The the boy shouted "Big lips Ajusshi can you tell the Ajusshi with the ball to pass it to us?" This time I laughed and Niel shouted "Yah! I'm still in high school! I'm not an Ajusshi! You can see my uniform can't you." So your not gonna deny you have big lips.
"Whatever, can you just pass the ball?" The boy moaned. "Not until you call us hyung and not Ajusshi!" Niel shouted. Then I had an idea, "Let's have a match then, us four against the ten of you. If we beat you, you have to apologise and call us hyung."
"What if we win?" The boy asked, "If you win we'll give all of you our autographs."
"Ei, why would I want that?" Does he not know who I am, wait I'm wearing a disguise of course he wouldn't. I took my disguise off and showed him my face, there was no reaction.
"Do you not know who we are?" I asked, he shook his head. I face palmed myself how could they not know Teen Top? Looks like we've got to work harder with our idol activities I cried inside.
"A-alright what if I treat you all to ice-cream instead if you win." The boy smiled and said "Okay, we accept. That's alright, right guys?" He looked at the and they all nodded.
"Oi, hyung who said we were gonna participate~" Rocky moaned, I eyed Changjo and like telepathy he seemed to know what I was aiming for with this match so he said "If we win, there's hot buns in it for you."
"Hot bun?" Ricky's ears perked up then all fired up he said "Uwwwwohhh LET'S DO THIS!!!" Thanks Changjo.
"We are so gonna beat them, there's only four of them and ten of us." One boy said.
"This is gonna be a piece of cake." Another boy said.
"First one to get 6 points wins." I said to the lead boy, "Fine with me." He replied, we shook hand on it and started the match. 

We were off to a good start, Ricky was defending the goal, Changjo and I were to pass the ball to each other getting closer to the goal each time and avoiding the boys, whilst Niel positioned himself near the opponents goal on standby to score. We managed to make three goals and it looked like we were gonna win, but then the boys started to attack more furiously and slowly started to catch up to us.
By the end of the match we lost to the boys, 6-3 "We win, so that means ice-cream A.ju.shi~" The lead boy smiled cheekily, I hung my head in defeat and nodded, they all cheered and high fives each other. Changjo again was the only one who wasn't tired from all this and went with the kids to get ice-cream from the ice-cream van with the kids, his eyes glistened when I gave him the cash to buy it why do I get the feeling he's gonna get himself one.
We sat on the grass waiting for them to come back, they all came back with happy smiles and like I predicted Changjo actually bought one for himself as well, he like the rest of the kids was smiling from ear to ear it was times like these that he actually seemed like the maknae instead of Ricky so I let it slide. Ricky on he other hand was sulking for not winning and therefore not being able to get a hot bun "My hot bun~" He cried, Changjo went up to him and gave him another ice-cream that he had bought for him, he sadly took it and ate it in silence.

"Man, we need to work out more." Niel said, which surprised me "We just got beaten by elementary school kids. Hyung you should have defended more and stopped them from taking the ball from you." He said to me he's actually starting a conversation with me. Looks like my plan getting in a match with these kids worked.
"Like you could talk, you missed that goal earlier remember?" I , "That's cause that boy was getting in the way." He pouted "Whatever you say." I chuckled.
"Aish, I'm being serious it wasn't my fault." He sulked, we carried on talking about football as we rested on the grass, just like old times.
Soon it was time for the boys to go home, after they finished they got up and one by one they said their thanks for the ice-cream and left, the last one to leave was the lead boy before he left he said "It was really fun playing with you all today, it was a good thing we listened to that Noona earlier. Thanks for ice-cream today Ajusshi." He showed a wide smile in which I took the opportunity to place both my hands on his face and pull his cheeks "Eeeeee." He cried, "Are you seriously gonna continue calling me Ajusshi after I just treated to you and your friends to ice-cream?" I gritted my teeth.
"Put uou tidn't wein." He moaned, as he tried to pull my hands off. I let go then he said "Come have a match with us again and maybe I will." I smiled and he said "We're here every Monday, Wednesday and Friday." I patted his head and told him "We'll see you again then." He smiled brightly and ran off.
"Next time we will win." Niel said determined.
"Yeah, wait for me my hot buns, I will get you soon." Ricky said all hyped up, Changjo and I just laughed at the pair of them and soon we all went back home.
For the last two weeks of my final time the four of us went to play football wih the boys at the park and each time we did, Niel and I got closer and spoke to each other more. It was like old times again, now all that was left was to start talking to him about Hwayoung and clear everything up before my last two days on earth.