Back In The Present

Guardian A

Chapter 23

Chunji's POV

we were on our way to meet Hwayoung, when my phone started to vibrate. I looked at the text message wondering who it was
"Hi, Chunji it's me _____, it about Hwayoung, could you meet me at the hospital's back garden?" What?! How did _____ get my number? I thought she didn't have a phone and how did she know I was on my way to the hospital?
I started to text her back, asking how she knew where I was and now she got my number, moments later she sent a reply.
"Went phone shopping with Myungsoo during the week, I got your number from him then as well. I'm a Guardian, of course I'm gonna know. By the way this phone stuff is amazing!!!! I could listen to music, take picture and play games!!! Are all phones like this?" I grinned her her message, I heard from L hyung that she can fly, she can use all sorts of magic and yet here she is so easily amused by a phone.
"Im guessing you've gotten use to using a phone then?"
"Almost, I'm still struggling with the concept of face time? I think it's called"
"Well when we meet up, I'll help you with it."
"Okay, thanks. Also don't forget, don't let the others know that your meeting me alright?"
"Yes, yes I know."
After we got to the hospital, we headed straight to Hwayoung's room well after getting her gifts. When we got there Hwayoung's mum was already there. She got up and looked at us "Ah, you all came." We bowed to her "Auntie we came to visit  Hwayoung." CAP hyung said to her. "Thanks for coming to see her even though you have a busy schedule."
"It's the least we can do. Hwayoung was already there for us when we had troubles, the least we can do is be here with her." CAP hyung continued.
"Well thank you anyway I'm sure she'll be happy if she knew what great friends she had." Auntie smiled at us.

After a while Auntie and L.Joe went with the doctor, leaving us and a nurse with Hwayoung. After saying my greeting to Hwayoung I said to the other members "I'm going out for a bit, there's some stuff I have to go take care of. I won't be long, I'll come back." CAP hyung nodded and I went to the hospitals back garden to meet up with _____. When I got there _____and L hyung was there, they saw me coming from the distance and waved at me.
"I didn't know you were gonna be here." I said to L hyung, he pointed at _____ and said "She said to come." 
"It's about Hwayoung, so I needed both of you to come." _____ said in a serious tone.
"Well, what is it?" I asked.
"She's running out of time.....she's only got a month left before she passes on." Both L hyung and I were shocked we didn't know what to say. "Are you sure about this?" L hyung asked _____ in a serious tone. She nodded her head.
"What do you suppose we do?" I asked _____
"Well, all we can do is help make Hwayoung's wish come true and we need to be quick about it."
"It's impossible!!! We've tried everything we could think of! Nothing works!!!" I burst out.
"I'm aware of that, but I have a plan. It's something that only I can do, but for it to be a success I still need both of you to help me out." _____ said calmly. We stood closer to each other and _____ let us in on her plan, after a few minutes of explains her plan she asked "So any questions?" 
"Yeah, are you sure this is going to work?" L hyung asked her, we both looked at her with hopes that she would say yes but instead she shook her head and said "To be honest, I don't know. All we can do it believe it would work." We all nodded, I looked at the time and realised that I've been away for a long time now, "I need to get back, otherwise the others are gonna suspect something." I said.
"Okay, but keep us updated, let me know when you've spoken to 
Byunghun." _____ said to me, I nodded and then went.

C.A.P's POV

I drove Auntie home so she could pick up some stuff for Hwayoung, when we got there I saw Niel's mum come out on her porch so I went up to her to give her my greetings. "Hello, omonim, how have you been?"
"Omo, hello Minsoo. I'm good thank you. Are you here to pick up Daniel?" She asked.
"Huh? Niel's here?"
"Oh I thought you knew, he come about an hour ago. He's sleeping in his room right now, do you want me to go wake him up?"
"If it's not too much trouble, please."
"Come on in then."
"One moment omonim, I just need to let the others know." I walked over to Ricky and Changjo and told them I was going over and talk to Niel.
"Alright hyung, we'll let you know when we're ready." Ricky said.
I was waiting in the living room at Niel's house whilst his mum went to go wake him up, moments later he came downstairs still half asleep and rubbing his eyes he saw me and said "Hyung, what are you doing here?"
"I could ask you the same thing." He rubbed his head and looked away avoiding eye contact with me. "It's okay if you don't want to tell me, actually I came here with. Hwayoung's mum we came to pick up some stuff for Hwayoung."
"We?" Niel sat across me
"Ricky and Changjo came with me to help. Anyway since your here now I thought I'd tell you as well. It's about Hwayoung....the doctors told us she's running out of time.....at most she has one month left." I looked to see his eyes slowly turning blank, as if his soul was leaving his body. Quickly I took hold of both his shoulders and shook him "Damn it Niel nows not the time!!! Keep it together!!!" He stopped and came back, but the he started to panic "S-sorry....oh my god....it's all my fault....it's all my fault.....IT'S ALL MY FAULT!!!!!!" I slapped him across the face "ITS NOT YOUR FAULT! What happened to Hwayoung was an accident. SO SNAP OUT OF IT!" Slowly tears came running down from his eyes, his body started to shake and with a quivering voice he asked H-hyung.....w-what......should I do?"
"You need to stop running away, you need to go see her." Immediately hie eyes opened wide and he shook his head "LOOK! You don't have a choice, you need to go see her. Please Niel." He looked down for a second, then slowly he nodded his head, I placed my hand on his head and said "It's okay, all of us are gonna be there with you." I assured him.