My Confession

Guardian A

Whew made it, sorry it's a little late in the night uploading this, I usually upload around afternoon ish but this chapter had some serious editing to do before being put up! Hope you enjoy :)

********************************************************************************************************************************

 

Chapter 15

Niel's POV

After collecting my work, along with Ricky's and Changjo's I left the staff room, then I started to make my way to the tree I have to water the tree before I go. I thought to myself.
I got to the tree and said "This tree is ugly as usual." but I did promise Hwayoung to take care of it everyday.
After taking care of it I felt a little tried, so I laid my coat on the ground and sat under the tree taking a little nap, as I did I started to have a dream about the past.

//Flashback//

Hwayoung and I were in middle school now, Hwayoung still loved reading books as usual and I had started to take an interest in dancing and singing.
We were walking home, when I had really exciting news to tell her. "Guess what Hwayoung?"
"What?" She said whilst reading her book. "Remember that audition I took for a chance to be a trainee under Andy sunbenim?" 
"Um." She said still focused on her book.
"Well....I passed it!!!" Hwayoung stopped in her tracks and closed her book, she then turned and smiled at me with glee and jumped on me giving me giving me a great big hug and squealed.

THUMP THUMP

She eventually let go of me and asked "Really? Oh my gosh I'm so happy for you. Now you can finally make your dreams come true." I'm glad she was the first person I told about this to. I smiled happily and said to her "Well, there's still a long way before I can officially debut as an idol. Everything's just getting started." I clenched my fist together determined to work hard. 
"Well I'm super happy for you. I'm officially your first fan." She said happily waving her arm in the air. As we continued to walk home she kept asking me questions about what was going to happen now that I was a trainee and I happily answered them all.

 //Skip Two Years Later//

We had finished our debut stage, even though the performance was over I was still feeling super nervous. Why? I still had some unfinished business to take care of. I decided that I was going to confess to Hwayoung today. At first I was unsure how to tell her, but after talking to L.Joe hyung about it, I decided to go for it.
I've asked the director if I could borrow the stage after everything was over and he agreed to let me use it. I wanted to give her a big surprise, I wanted to let her know how much she meant to me. I was wasting down the corridor to see if L.joe hyung managed to convince her to stay after all the other performances were over. I spotted them and quickly hid behind a corner so that Hwayoung can't spot me. I took a peek and saw L.Joe hyung distressed. Looks like he's having a hard time asking Hwayoung to stay back, L.Joe hyung fighting! Then as if he read my mind he looked up and spotted me, to stop Hwayoung from looking back, he took hold of Hwayoung's shoulder and said something, to which she nodded to. He let go of her and she left in the other direction away from where I was.

After making sure she was completely gone I walked over to L.Joe hyung, when I heard him sigh "So...hyung....what did she say?" 'would she meet up with me later?' He had his head down oh no, does this mean no? THUMP THUMP.
He looked at me smiled and said "(sigh) She said she'll meet you." I let out a big sigh of relief . "Aish, hyung don't do that, you scared me for a second here." 
"Sorry...." He said in a sullen tone.
"Hey, what's up?" I patted L.Joe hyung's back. "Nothing...just..."
"Ahh I know what it is." I said, L.Joe hyung looked up at me startled. "Y-you do?" He stuttered.
"Sure, bet it you felt nervous asking Hwayoung for me, scared that you might upset me if she didn't agree." He let out a sigh "Yeah, that's what it was." He said whilst forcing a smile.
Huh? Was I wrong?
"Hey, good luck out here." L.Joe hyung patted my back.
"Thanks hyung."

I ran off to the back of the stage quickly to get ready, Ricky came and handed me a bouquet of red roses and a wireless headset to put on. After switching on I could hear Changjo on the other end, he was gonna give me the que sign and start the music and set off the confetti. Chunji hyung was on look out duty and let Changjo know when Hwayoung was coming in. CAP hyung was with Hwayoung distracting her as much as he can to buy us some time to get ready.

"All the preparations are done now, are you ready hyung?" I heard Changjo say through the headset. 
"Yeah, I'm ready." I said back.
"Ricky, god tell Chunji hyung to tell him to call CAP hyung to bring Hwayoung here." I heard Changjo say over the headphone. Uwah I'm really gonna go for it, I'm actually gonna confess to her. Breath Daniel, breath.
After a couple of minutes I heard Changjo say "Hyung, she's here now."

THUMP THUMP

Slowly I could hear the music starting to play. "Niel! Niel! What's going on? Where are you? L.Joe oppa said you wanted to see me." I heard Hwayoung shout.
3....2....1
The lights went on and the curtains drew back and I started to sing. Hwayoung looked at me shocked and dazed, not understanding what was happening  at all, but slowly her expression changed and she started to smile looking at me, giving me her full attention and letting me now she was listening.
When I finished singing to her I walked down the stage towards her and handed her the bouquet in my hand, "Hwayoung ah, we've been the best of friends ever since we met and for as long as I can remember I wanted to be the person most closest to you, I want to me more than friends with you so I ask you now. Would you be my girlfriend?" I asked her, I could see she was in shock so I quickly said "You don't have to give me an answer no-" 
"Yes." She interrupted. 

Not believing what I was hearing I said "What? Can you say that again?" She looked at me and smiled "I said yes. I would be your girlfriend." Overjoyed I shouted "YES!! WOOHOO!! SHE SAID YES!! SHE SAID YES!!" At that exact moment the confetti went off and I held Hwayoung in a huge embrace lifting her off her feet, which surprised her and made her blush.

I eventually let go of her and slowly one by one the members gathered around us and congratulated us. "Hyung congrats" you finally did it." Ricky said placing his arm over my shoulder. CAP hyung ruffled my hair, and Changjo stood there smiling. Chunji hyung was talking to Hwayoung, what about I couldn't hear, with Ricky constantly taking in my ear and CAP hyung my other ear, but whatever he said it made her blush. L.Joe hyung reluctantly placed a hand over her shoulder and said something, she looked down and nodded her head. I wonder what he said, oh well I'll ask Hwayoung about it later.