The Past Part II

Guardian A

Woah, this was originally gonna be all in one part, but then it would have become a super long chapter ><

so I cut it down into two, but then I thought it would be evil if I only uploaded one part, so I decided to upload both parts XD

Hope you like it :)

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Chapter 22

L.Joe's POV

//Flashback//

Everyone started to make their way back to the dressing room, Hwayoung who was walking next to me said "You were really great by the way." I could feel my cheeks going red "Thanks." I replied shyly.
"Hyung we're gonna get ready first!" Niel shouted back at me and winked I guess this means Niel's confession plan is a go. "Alright, I'll catch up with you!" I shouted back.
"Aren't you gonna go with them?" Hwayoung looked at me "Nah, there's not enough space for us all to take a shower, I'll go later. Let's go grab something to eat."
"Um, okay." We both went to the cafeteria and got some food to eat, whilst the others got preparations ready for Niel to confess to Hwayoung. I was deep in thought when Hwayoung started to wave her hand in front of me "Oppa, oppa, oppa!" I snapped out of it and looked at her "What's wrong oppa? You seem really out of it."
"It's nothing, just can't believe we finally debuted."
"Of course you've debuted, I knew all along that you all would. I believed in you." She smiled at me warmly please don't Smile at me like that Hwayoung, your just making it difficult for me to let you go. I shook my feelings off and asked "Hey do you think think you can wait here until the end of the broadcast and everything, there's something Niel wants to tell you."
"What did he want to tell me?"
"I'm not sure, he didn't say but he said that it was really important, he said that it would effect his life."
"I wonder what he wants?" Hwayoung put a finger under her chin and thought I can't take it anymore. I could feel my heart squeezing from heartache, knowing that I was gonna send the one I love into someone else's arms.
I got up from my seat, avoiding Hwayoung's gaze and said "I better get going, I think the others would be done by now, I need to get ready." I was about to leave when Hwayoung grabbed my hand "Oppa, what's wrong? Your acting a little strange." I brushed her hand off and said "It's nothing, just tired that's all." I began to walk off in a hurry, I could hear Hwayoung get up on her feet hurrying up after me.

Shortly she caught up with me and back hugged me "Oppa wait!" I stopped in my tracks, oh how I wish I could hold her hands, but I can't do this. I fought hard against my feelings and prayed her hands away from my body, I turned to look at her, she was bright pink "What is it?" I asked her.
"There's something I need to tell you, I thought I'd tell you on the day you debuted." She started fidgeting with her fingers.
"L.Joe oppa....I'm....in love....with you....." I froze, unable to comprehend what she was saying Hwayoung's in love with me?! I felt surprised, happy. Nothing could have made me feel happier. When suddenly from behind Hwayoung I could see Niel hiding in the corner, my heart dropped and I felt distressed and to stop Hwayoung from seeing Niel, I instantly held her shoulders "Hwayoung-ah I-" 
"Wait." She put her hand out to stop me from talking, "It's okay if you don't give me an answer now....I just.....wanted you to know about me feelings....that's all....ah but don't keep me waiting for too long....yeah?" She looked so innocent what with her glittering eyes and her pink cheeks, but I knew I couldn't, I finally let go of her, "So, I'll see you later?" She asked.
"Yeah, I'll see you later." I said with an emotionless tone.

After she left Niel came up to me, when I let out a sigh "So...hyung....what did she say?" Niel asked nervously I hanged my head down for a moment then I looked up at him smiled and said "(sigh) She said she'll meet you." He let out a big sigh of relief. "Aish, hyung don't do that, you scared me for a second here." 
"Sorry...." I said in a sullen tone.
"Hey, what's up?" Niel patted my back. "Nothing...just..."
"Ahh I know what it is." He said, I looked up at him startled. "Y-you do?" I stuttered.
"Sure, bet it you felt nervous asking Hwayoung for me, scared that you might upset me if she didn't agree." I let out a sigh "Yeah, that's what it was." I said whilst forcing a smile.
"Hey, good luck out here." I said patting his back patted my back.
"Thanks hyung."
After Niel left to get ready, I went to the dressing room to get ready, CAP hyung was left with Hwayoung this time and everyone else went to help get ready for Niel's event, which meant I had the whole dressing room to myself for a bit. As soon as I went inside the room, I sum pled on the floor leaning on the door, tears started to roll down my eyes. I couldn't even scream in fear of the others finding out, all I could do was clench my teeth and cry silently.
After a while I managed to calm down, but feeling empty I couldn't make myself move from that spot, all I did was sit there and stare in space.
BEEP BEEP
I looked at my phone and saw that I had relieved a text message from Ricky "Hyung, Niel's about to get started, where are you?!" I need to get ready. Slowly I got up on my feet and went to take a shower, I let the cold water run through me and had my eyes shut in attempt to wash all my feelings away with the wrapper. Once I was ready I quickly made my way to the others.
I managed to get there just as Niel was making his confession. 
"Hwayoung ah, we've been the best of friends ever since we met and for as long as I can remember I wanted to be the person most closest to you, I want to me more than friends with you, so I ask you now. Would you be my girlfriend?" He asked her, I could see she was in shock then Niel quickly said "You don't have to give me an answer no-" 
"Yes." She interrupted. Niel was in shock so he asked her "What? Can you say that again?" She looked at him and smiled "I said yes. I would be your girlfriend." With an overjoyed Expression on his face he shouted "YES!! WOOHOO!! SHE SAID YES!! SHE SAID YES!!" At that exact moment the confetti went off and I could see Niel holding Hwayoung in a huge embrace lifting her off her feet, which surprised her and made her blush, at that moment I could my heart squeezing and my throat choking.
He eventually let go of her and slowly one by one all of us gathered around them and congratulated them. "Hyung congrats you finally did it." Ricky said placing his arm over Niel's shoulder. CAP hyung ruffled my his hair, and Changjo stood there smiling. Chunji and I were talking to Hwayoung, "Congrats Hwayoung, I'm glad your together with Niel. Now this gives me more chances to , let me know if you ever need help making a move on him." Chunji whispered and winked at Hwayoung making her blush. She then looked at means instantly looked down, I don't know what to say to be honest, but after clenching my fist I put a hand on her shoulder and said "Congrats Hwayoung, I wish you two happiness." She didn't say anything she just nodded at what I said. Im sorry Hwayoung and goodbye.

//End Of Flashback//