Back To School

Guardian A

Chapter 28

Niel's POV

Due to our schedule we missed another week of school, as usual I would sneak into the school and tend to the three but by Wednesday I noticed that the tree had already been tended to, that wasn't all when I got back to the dorms I found Ricky and Changjo had already started doing their assignments but I have their work with me, so where did they get that from? I asked Ricky "Where did you get the school work from?" 
"It was in the post this morning. Here there was one for you as well." He handed me the assignment, not only was there just the classwork but there were also small notes here and there explaining the work in detail to help guide me.
I took the empty envelope that was on the table and looked at the back of it to see who it was from, it was from _____. Why is she still helping us, I thought she didn't want me to get in the way of doing her job? Then I remembered what she had said before she flew off the last time I saw her
"You still have a promise to keep remember?"
"I really hope you do succeed, good luck."

What did she mean by that? Does she know about what happened between me and L.Joe hyung I wouldn't be surprised, she did know L hyung for some reason. AFter that meeting with her and L hyung there were so many questions I wanted to ask him, but because of the bracelet I thought it would be best if I didn't ask him anything.
Then I remembered the tree being tended to so I asked Changjo "Changjo did you go to school today?" He shook his head "No, why would I?"
"It's nothing, just wondering." I looked at the envelope again it couldn't have been _____ could it? For the rest of the week the same tho happened everyday work would come in the post for us and I would go to school to find that the tree had already been tended to.

The week after had arrived and the three of us were finally allowed to go back to school, all the students were fussing over us more than ever for not being able to go to school for two weeks. It was a huge headache and getting to class was even more challenging than usual, but the three of us eventually managed to get to our classroom after splitting up ways and running to class. We were all in our seats tired from the running just waiting for class to start, I looked over at _____ empty seat I wonder what find of face she's gonna put on. Just then she walked in all smily and happy Ricky was the first to get up and walk up to her followed by Changjo "Hey _____ long time no see, how have you been?" Ricky asked.
"Really good thanks. I could say the same to you, how's work? Ah but since your at school I'm guessing you have no more schedule for the time being?"
"Yep, everything was done last week and we didn't have anything new coming in this week so manager hyung said it was okay for us to go to school." Then Changjo said to her "Thanks for the work sheets and the small notes you made for us, they were really helpful."
"Yeah, we would've been stuck on it for ages!!!!! If we didn't have it." Ricky exaggerated, she chuckled and said "That's alright, I'm glad they were useful to you." 
"Hyung you come and say something as well." Ricky said to me, I reluctantly got up from my seat and walked over to her and said "Thanks." She shook her head and said "Its the least I can do right now." She smiled at me sadly.

Just then the school bell rang and everyone went back to their seats, the teacher came in but before he took the register he said "I have an announcement to make. Recently I've been told by the principal that Miss _____ here is going to transfer to another school by the end of the month." What? "I know it hasn't been long since she's started here. Miss _____ I hope you've had a good time at this school so far and I wish you all the best at your new school." There was a lot of fuss going about in the class I could hear people saying things like 
"Yes, she leaving! Now we have the oppa's to ourselves."
"I need to let the other girls know the good news."
"That's one less competition for me, now I have a better chance at getting one of the Teen Top oppa's as my boyfriend."
(Shudder) girls sure can be scary.
Then Ricky and Changjo turned back to her and asked "Are you really leaving?!" She nodded "Yes." 
"But we haven't even done anything for you yet."Ricky moaned.
"Yeah, we thought we could uptake you a couple places as thanks for the work and everything."
"Well it's not to late to start now, we still do have a whole month left." She look at me as she said that.
"For starters let's take you out tonight for ice-cream." Changjo suggested "No,no we need to go for hot buns tonight. We can have ice-cream next time." Ricky said.
"No ice-cream." Changjo said.
"No, hot buns." Ricky said.
"No ice-cream!"
"No hot buns!"
"Hot buns!"
"Ice-cream!"
"Hot buns!"
"Ice-cream!"

I couldn't take anymore of their arguing anymore so I shouted "We'll let _____ decide!!!!"
Both eyes turned to her immediately and she looked tense, with a finger on her lips she said "Ummm.....let's go for ice-cream this time, since Changjo said it first."
"Yes!" Changjo raised his hands in he air in triumph whilst Ricky dropped his head in defeat. She turned to look at me and asked "Your coming as well....right?" I was surprised I didn't think she would want me to be there and before I knew it my body reacted by itself and I nodded my head. She then smiled brightly, making me feel at ease but confused about her at the same time. Soon everyone quietened down and class started.
Lunch break had started we all decided that we were gonna have lunch together, I told the others to go first, I wanted to go tend to the cherry blossom tree before I went to eat. _____ wanted to invite her friend with us as well so we told her it was okay for her to join us if she wanted to, so she went to get her or so I thought. I was in the middle of tending the tree when I felt someone standing behind me, immediately I knew who it was "I thought you were going to get your friend?" _____ walked up to me and said "I am but I thought I come and speak to you first." I got up from the ground and turned to look at her and asked "Then I'll ask now, is there really nothing I can do to make you change your mind about Hwayoung?" She shook her head "As much as I want to I can't."
"Then why are you being so nice to us? Why go through all this trouble to see us and tell me about it when you could have just taken her without us knowing." 
"It's because she asked me to."
"She?"
"Hwayoung." I was about to ask something else when she said "I can't tell you anymore than this, so please don't ask me. But I will tell you one thing." She looked at me straight in the eye "Look out for Byunghun."
"What do you mea-" 
"Anyway I'm gonna get Sunhee, see you in the cafeteria later." She walked off before I could finish asking her 'I knew it, so she did know about L.Joe hyung but what did she mean look out for L.Joe?'