The Accident

Guardian A

OMG super sorry for the late update, I was having serious writer block and had no idea what to write ><

But I finally did it!!!! XD Hope you like the new chapter (bows to the readers) :)

Oh and thank you for all the comments so far, it make me Super happy every time I read on of them XD

************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Chapter 24

Niel' POV

After agreeing to go see Hwayoung, I got a lift with the others back to the hospital and whilst in the car Auntie spoke to me "Thank you Daniel." I looked at her surprised "For What?" 
"For coming to see her and for keeping your promise to her, Jonghyun has been telling me about how you've been taking care of her favourite tree at school." I looked own unable to face her Auntie you should've be blaming me right one, not thanking me. As if she read my mind, she placed her hand on my shoulder and said "it's not your fault, there was nothing you could have done to prevent what happened to Hwayoung." Still looking down, tears started to roll down my face looking back at how it all happened.

//Flashback//

It's been a year since Hwayoung and I have been dating, there was nothing that could have made me any happier.....but something was missing, I couldn't tell what it was but sometimes I would find Hwayoung a little......distracted.
I would ask her about it numerous times, but she would always either change the topic or say that I'm just imagining things. I had my suspicions, at first I thought maybe she liked L.Joe hyung but that that's not possible.....right? Otherwise why would she have accepted to be my girlfriend? But my suspicions kept growing as I slowly started to notice that way she looked at him and the way she kept sneaking peeks at him but never actually gone straight up to him and talk to him.
One day I was on my way back to the dance studio, after having my singing parts recorded at the audio studio for some of our tracks for our upcoming single. I was walking down the street when I froze at the sight of two people in front of me. 
I saw L.Joe hyung and Hwayoung holding each other in an embrace, with heavy footsteps I slowly walked up to then and called out there names "Hwayoung? L.Joe hyung?" They heard me, turned to see me and with a shocked expression they immediately let go of each other.
CRACK
"Niel this isn't what it looks like." L.Joe hyung panicked.
CRACK 
"What is it then?" I asked them coldly.
"It's my fault, I should have told you from the beginning, but-" I interrupted Hwayoung
"What? You thought you could play with my emotions? Why didn't you just say no if you like L.Joe hyung?"
CRASH 
I felt my whole world crashing down, I could feel my throat starting to choke and my heartbeat thumping.
"Look Niel, it's not like that." L.Joe hyung said.
"If you liked L.Joe hyung WHY DID YOU PICK ME?!" I ran off from the scene with tears falling from my eyes endlessly, in the distance I could hear L.Joe hyung And Hwayoung running after me calling my name. However after running lost in a crowd, it made it hard for them to see me and catch up with me.

But it didn't stop me from running, I eventually got to a road and ran across it, before I knew it I saw a car closing in on me and I heard my name being screamed out "NIEL!!!!!!!"
Next thing I knew I was on the floor by the side f the road, I turned around and looked at the road where I saw Hwayoung, lying on the ground lifeless with blood coming out from the back of her head.
Just then L.Joe hyung came and saw what had happened, shocked he got on his knees right next to her and called out her name "H-Hwayoung-ah, this is a lie right? W-wake up Hwayoung you can't sleep on the road. Wake up, wake up PLEASE WAKE UP!" Eventually a policeman near the scene came and and contacted the nearest hospital for an ambulance, that was when I lost consciousness.
I later woke up finding myself at the hospital with my mum, CAP hyung and Changjo by my side.
"What happened to me?" I asked sitting up groggily.
"You fainted, you nearly got hit by a car. Hwayoung pushed you out of the way for it not have a full impact on you." My mum said to me.
Then my memories started to flash back to the accident. "What about Hwayoung, where is she? Is she okay?" Everyone looked away avoiding eye contact with me "What happened to Hwayoung?" CAP hyung looked at me and said in a clam voice "Look, whatever happens, just remember none of it was your fault, alright?"
"Hyung, stop it your scaring me." He was about to explain it to me when Changjo interrupted.
"She's in intensive care at the moment, so far there's no sign of her waking up. She's alive but if she doesn't wake up within e next three days the doctors would have declare her for being in a comatose state, basically being in a coma." I froze feeling emotionless as if my soul had left my body.
"Oi Changjo you could have at least break it to him gently." CAP hyung scolded him.
"What's the point? The facts will not change even if I break it to him gently. When he sees her he's still gonna know, it's better to give it to him straight than lie to him about it, lying won't make him feel any better." 
My mum peered into my face and asked "Daniel, honey are you alright?" I nodded at her question, but that was a lie. Inside I was screaming in pain, asking myself numerous questions

How did this happen?
Why did it have to be Hwayoung?
Why couldn't it have been me?
Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

Changjo's POV

After I broke the news to Niel about Hwayoung's condition, he looked blank like an empty void.
"I want to go see her." Niel suddenly said.
"What? Now? You can't you just woke up, you still need some rest." Niels mum said.
Ignoring what she said he started to get up from his bed and leave,his mum and CAP hyung tried to stop him when he shouted "DON'T TOUCH ME!!!!" everyone froze, they both saw the empty look in his eyes and didn't have the will to stop him so they let him go. "I'll take him to to see her." I said,  Niel looked up at me, still with an empty expression "You don't know what room, she's in right? I'll take you to go see her." He smiled at me but still with an empty expression.
We arrived outside of Hwayoung's room and I could Niel's hand shaking as he struggled to open the door, so I took his hand and with the other hand I opened the door for him. Inside Hwayoung was lying on the bed unconscious with lifelines and drips connected to her, next to her bed Hwayoung's mum was sitting down, her eyes were swollen and red. She must have cried alot when she found out.
As I settled Niel on a chair next to Hwayoung's bed, I noticed that Chunji hyung, L.Joe hyung and Ricky weren't here so I asked Auntie "Where are the other members?" 
"Byunghun went with the police to file a witness statement, Chanhee went with him and Changhyun went to get us some drinks."
I looked at Niel who was looking blankly at Hwayoung, he murmured "I'm sorry." Under his breath and then got up and left the room. I was about to go after him when Auntie said to me "Take care of him."
"I will Auntie." I left the room and spotted Niel going down the corridor, going somewhere, I didn't want to stop him from going wherever he wanted just in case he acts up so I just quietly followed behind him. He soon stopped at the hospitals back garden when he spotted a cherry blossom tree, he wakled up to the tree and placed his hands in it then he said "Hwayoung-ah  I promise you. I'll take care of the tree until you come back and until it blooms I won't go and see you." I walked up to him and placed my hand on his shoulder.
At first I thought he had gone mad, but soon after following him everywhere I noticed that was not the case. I realised he was talking about the tree at school, from then on as promised he cared for the tree everyday and little by little life started coming back into his eyes.

//Flashback Ended//