L.Joe

Guardian A

Chapter 20

Niel's POV

Since we were so busy during the week e members didn't get to go see. Hwayoung, so they decided to go over the weekend. As usual I didn't go along with them, how could I knowing that it was my fault that Hwayoung is in a coma.
"I'm so bored....haaahhhh." Since there's nothing to do, maybe I should go visit mum for a bit.
I got ready and made my way to my mum's,it's been a while since I've gone to visit her. I wonder how she's doing? After an hour taking the train I arrived home, I went up to the door and knocked on it, moments later my mum came to the door and answered it "Omo Daniel!!! What are you doing here? How have you been? Have you been eating properly? Aigoo look at you, you have dark circles under your eyes." She started to fuss over me, I rolled my eyes at how overprotective she was being, but inside I felt happy that she was worried about me.
"Mum, mum, I'm okay, stop fussing over me. We just had a late night at practise that's all." I took my mum by her shoulders and led her in the house closing e door on the way in. "I'm fine, I have been eating properly and yes I do sleep....kinda...." My mum stopped in her tracks and turned her head to glare at me. "I....haven't been sleeping....that well....to be honest." My mum turned to face me and placed both her hands on my cheeks. "Aigoo my baby." I felt so peaceful, she didn't ask me anything but I had a feeling she knew what was wrongs she took my hand and took me into the living room to sit down, she ten went to the kitchen and came back bringing my a cup of herbal tea.
"Here, drink is. It should help you relax and de-stress you." She handed me the cup and watched as I drank it, after I finished it all she said in a soft tone "go take a nap in you room, I'm gonna start making dinner." I wasn't gonna say no, so I went to my bedroom. I opened the door and saw that everything was exactly as I last left it. Then I heard my mum shout from downstairs "I'll call you when dinners ready." Ahhh brings back memories. "Yes mum!" I shouted back to her.

L.Joe's POV

The Teen Top members went with me to see Hwayoung, well except for Niel. Haaaah I wish just once he would come with us. Just before we left the dorm I asked him "Are you sure you don't want to come with us?" Nothing but silence came from him "I'm sure she'll want to see you too." I added, again nothing but silence. "Okay, well I'll see you later." I said and turned to leave when Niel said "Hyung....tell her I said hi." I looked back at him and gave him a reassuring smile and left. Well at least he said something.
CAP drove us to the hospital, it was lively in the car everyone was really excited to see her. Ricky and Changjo were talking about what to get her as for a gift, Chunji was distracted on his phone from the way he's grinning I would say its a girl. So I guess Niel still doesn't want to see her." CAP said to me.
"What? Oh....no....I guess he still thinks it's all his fault that Hwayoung is in a coma." I sighed he should better than anyone that it wasn't his fault, if anything it's all my fault. I was in deep thought when CAP said "Hey I know what your thinking, don't you ever think that's it's your fault. There was nothing you or Niel could have done."
"Still, it doesn't change the fact that Niel doesn't want to speak to me."
"He'll come around, just give him some time."

Soon we arrived at the hospital" we started to make our way to Hwayoung's room, we opened the door and saw That Hwayoung's mum was already there, sitting next to Hwayoung's bed holding her hand. She got up and looked at us "Ah, you all came." We bowed to her "Auntie we came to visit  Hwayoung." CAP hyung said to her. "Thanks for coming to see her even though you have a busy schedule."
"It's the least we can do. Hwayoung was already there for us when we had troubles, the least we can do is be here with her." CAP hyung continued.
"Well thank you anyway, I'm sure she'll be happy if she knew what great friends she had." Auntie smiled at us. Suddenly there was a knock on the door, we all looked in that direction and we saw that it was a doctor followed by a nurse. "Mrs Park, can I have a word with you please?" The doctor asked.
"Yes, of course." She replied. She got up and went outside the room with the doctor leaving the nurse with Hwayoung. I instantly got up and said "Auntie, is it alright if I come as well?"
"I'm sorry sir, but this for family members only." The doctor said. "It's okay, I give him permission to come." Auntie said.

I went with the doctor and Auntie to a small office, we sat down and the doctor said "I'm sorry, I'm not sure how to say this, but your daughter doesn't have much time left to live. At most I would say she has a month left." We sat there frozen and unable to say anything, I turned my head to look at Auntie I could see tears starting to form in her eyes, she had eye contact with me. I could feel my throat starting to choke and my heartbeat going fast, I took hold of Auntie's hand to reassure her then I looked at the doctor and asked "How come?" 
"We've noticed recently in the past few weeks, her blood pressure has been dropping a lot, her oxygen levels constantly falling. In other words she becoming more and more prone to cardiac arrest and it's been getting harder and harder getting her out of it."
"Is there anything we can do for her?" I asked.
"I'd say to make her last moments as comfortable as possible and to start making arrangements for when she passes on." I felt anger boil in my body and was about to lash out when I felt Auntie tighten her grip on my hand, I looked at her and she just shook her head. "T-thank you d-doctor for e-very thing you've done so far." She trembled, she stood up and bowed to the doctor, "Please Mrs Park if anything, I'm sorry for being unable to save the young Miss." He stood up and bowed to her.

Auntie and I left the office and started to make our way back to Hwayoung's room, there was nothing but silence, moments later she broke the silence and said "Thank you Byunghun for being there with me." I couldn't say anything so I just nodded.
Before we entered the room I paused and said "Is it okay, if I let the others know about this?"
"Yeah, it's best they know about it as well."
We opened the door and went inside the room, seeing us return, the nurse departed. I looked around the room and noticed that Chunji wasn't around so I asked "Where's Chunji?"
"He said he had to take care of something, he said he'll be back soon. So what did the doctor say?" Changjo asked I explained to them slowly about everything, by the end of it I could see how frozen they all were, unable to say anything they gritted their teeth in frustration.
Just then Auntie bowed to all of us, Ricky shouted "Auntie! What are you-"
"Thank you for looking after Hwayoung for so long, can I ask you to look over her in her last month." She interrupted Ricky.
"Of course we will! Auntie don't bow to us. Hwayoung is like a sister to us." Ricky said lifting her head up. We could see tears running down her eyes, "I'm gonna go home for a bit and pick up some of Hwayoung's things." Auntie said.
"I'll drive you there, you guys come and help as well. L.Joe you stay with Hwayoung and wait for Chunji to come back." CAP said, with that they all left me leaving me with Hwayoung.