Around The School

Guardian A
Chapter 2
 
Niel's POV
 
After school Ricky, Changjo and I took _____ around the school, well it was mostly that Changjo that guided her around the school, all Ricky and I did was tag along behind them.
"So that was the whole school, any questions you wanna ask?" Changjo asked
"Umm well-"
"Hey Ricky, Changjo, Niel!" We all turned our attention to the voice that was calling us and it was Chunji.
"Chunji hyung, what's up?" Ricky asked.
"Aish, did you forget what day it was today? We're supposed to all go and see Hwayoung remember?" Chunji said.
"Oh yeah." Ricky and Changjo said in unison. "Sorry _____ we gotta go, Niel why don't you finish up with her?" Changjo said.
"Guess your not coming this week again then." Chunji said to me.
"No, as long as L.Joe is going I'm not, end of story." I replied coldly.
Sensing the tense atmosphere Changjo said while pushing Chunji and Ricky along with him "Let's just get going. Sorry we have to leave you like this _____, but Niel will take care of you. See you tomorrow."
 
After they left, leaving me with the new girl I started to walk away when she said "Your not gonna show me around the place?"
With a heavy sigh I stopped and turned around to look at her "I'm pretty sure Chanjgo has shown you everything in school, so if you don't mind, I would like to go home please." I turned around and started to walk again when she started saying to me "I want to go see the cherry blossom tree."
I stopped in my tracks, not believing what I was hearing "what did you say?" I asked her as she walked up to me and said to me face "I want to go see where that cherry blossom tree is, you know the one outside our classroom."
I continued to stare at her, hearing what she said just reminded me of her...of Hwayoung.
"Why do you want to go see it? I mean it's not even that big, or that pretty." I said to her.
"Sure it's small but I think it looks really pretty and if it's taken care of properly I'm sure it'll grow into a magnificent cherry blossom tree."
 
//Flashback//
 
"Why do you even bother with that tree? it's so tiny, it's not that pretty." Niel said. "It may be small but I think it's pretty, besides if I take care of it everyday it'll definitely grow into a magnificent cherry blossom tree." Hwayoung said as she was tending to the small tree, she smiled at Niel. Niel smiled back at her and decided to help her look after that tree.
 
//Flashback Ended//
 
Since then I've made it my duty to finish off what Hwayoung had started.
_____ started to wave her hand in front of me "Hello, earth to Daniel?" I snapped back to reality from my thoughts. "So are you gonna show me or what?" _____ asked me.
Just as I was about to answer her my phone started to ring, I took out my phone and looked at the screen, it was L, I answered the phone "Hey L, what's up?"
"Hey Niel, nothing just calling to see if your free today, could use your help right now."
"Shouldn't you be asking L.joe for help?" I replied.
"Hey I'm asking you, because I need you to help me, not him."
"Alright, I'm coming, where do you want me to come meet you?"
"Come to the usual track field, I'll wait for you there."
"Okay, I'll see you there then."
I hung up the phone and was about to make my way, when I remembered that the new girl was still here.
"Well?" She asked.
"Next time, I gotta go, see you tomorrow."
Without waiting for a reply I left, leaving her by herself as I made my way to see L.
 
_____'s POV
 
After Daniel left, I started to make my way to go and see that cherry blossom tree, to be honest even if he didn't show me where it was, I already knew where it was because 'she' had told me where to find it.
I eventually found the tree and knelt down to touch the soil.
"He's definitely watered it." I said to myself. Judging from his reaction earlier seems like he still remembered the promise he made to Hwayoung.
Looking up at the tree I said "Looks like this will be a long case." And sighed. I got up on my feet and walked away, going home.