Late For A Reason

I Like You The Best

“I look so smart today,” Junhyung admired himself in front of the mirror. He then went downstairs. His driver opened the car door for him, and he went in. Another man was already inside the car. The driver then drove off to the shopping mall.

“Good morning, Mr Yong. I am your assistant, Kim Sung-Oh. Now, let me tell you your schedule for the day. First, you are going to have a tour of the Sun shopping mall. And then, there will be a meeting at 12 noon. Lunchtime will be at 2pm,” Mr Kim said, reading the schedule from his iPad.

“Woah, okay. First of all, I like your spirit. Are you a beginner or not?” Junhyung questioned his assistant.

“Oh, well, thank you, Mr Yong. Actually yes, this is my first time,” he replied, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Oh good, good. Don’t be shocked or anything. I didn’t hire you. My dad did. And he didn’t even let me read your profile. But put that aside. As you were saying, lunchtime is at 2 right? So where do I eat? Can I just eat anywhere?” Junhyung asked.

“About that ,yes, you may eat anywhere you want, Mr Yong” he replied.

Right at that moment, the car stopped and the car door opened. Junhyung alighted the car and was greeted by his dad.

“You look smart today, Mr Yong. Good, good” Junhyung’s dad complimented.

“Tsk. Come on, dad. I’m born this way, okay” Junhyung boasts. All of them laughed.

All of them then went inside the shopping mall for the tour. The staffs were all in their working department and greeted them when they walked by.

Yeonseo rushed to her working department.

“Yeonseo-ah, why are you late? What happened? Are you okay?” Ming asked.

“Yah, why didn’t you wake me up? I overslept!” Yeonseo replied, panting from all that rushing.

“But you said that you don’t feel well, and that you will be going to work later..” Ming explained.

“Then you should have called me right?” Yeonseo argued.

“Yah, I did! But you rejected my call! Check your phone if you don’t believe me,” Ming argued back.

“Oh , I left my phone at home. UGH. Its all because of that drunk guy. The smell of alcohol is still in my head, and it makes my head hurts!” Yeonseo complained.

“Kim Yeonseo of the VIP department, please make your way to the Manager’s office now” the announcement echoed in the shopping mall.

“Oh my god. Manager’s office?! Is it because I’m late?” Yeonseo panicked.

“Maybe. Don’t panic, just be yourself and go,” Ming advised.

Yeonseo then headed to the manager’s office. She knocked the door with full of worry. The worst that could happen to her is to get fired. 

“Good morning, Mr Yong. I’m Kim Yeonseo of the VIP department. I was told to come here,” Yeonseo said politely.

“I heard that you came to work late today. Please give me a good reason as to why is that so,” Junhyung looked at Yeonseo, waiting for her reply.

Yeonseo looked at Junhyung and recognized his face. The face which she saw last night, with his stink breath of alcohol, which made the headache she suffered this morning, which also caused her to come late to work. And now, that person is asking for a good reason as to why she is late for work. Hah! What a joke!

“Omo, what a small world. We just met last night. Don’t you remember?” Yeonseo questioned.

“Last night? Um, at the club?” Junhyung tried to remember.

“No. Outside the club. You were drunk, and your friend, um.. Yang.. Yang Yoseob, helped you out of the club,” Yeonseo explained, remembering Junhyung’s friend.

“You knew him? But how does that got to do with you being late for work? Are you trying to avoid the real reason as to why you were being called here?” Junhyung sounded strict.

“Tch. You don’t remember what you did to me? Drunkards will be drunkards.. You pushed me to the wall and asked your friend to book a hotel room because I looked like I needed some fun. And your breath makes my head hurt till this very morning which caused me to be late for work,” Yeonseo explained in one breath.

“Wait.. So you’re saying that I am the one who caused you to be late for work JUST because of the alcohol stench? You’re exaggerating, Miss Yeonseo” Junhyung went closer to Yeonseo.

“Excuse me, Mr Yong. I am the type of person who never drank alcohol before because only by the smell of it, can make my head hurt” she elaborated.

“Sorry to disturb you, Mr Yong. But your dad would like to meet you now,” Mr Kim suddenly came in, cutting off Junhyung’s conversation with Yeonseo.

“I will get back to you later, Yeonseo-sshi” Junhyung then left his office with Mr Kim.

With that, Yeonseo also left and went to her department and started working.