Paradise Cafe

I Like You The Best

“Okay then, I’ll be going to work now. Have fun at the party~” Yeonseo then went off to work. It was a 2 minute walk to Paradise Café from their house. She walked past the club Junhyung always went to. She began to have a flashback on their very first meeting. The way Junhyung looked into her eyes is so.. ahh~ She smiled to herself.She then reached her workplace. There were quite a number of people there, enjoying their warm drinks on a cold night.

“Hi Yeonseo~ I’m glad you came slightly earlier today. I need to send my mom to the doctor. She’s very  ill. Okay bye!~” Jaelin took off her apron and rushed off.

“Oh, bye~” Yeonseo waved. She then wore her apron and went inside the staff room. Sungyeol was seen, calculating something.

“Hi Sungyeol oppa~” Yeonseo greeted. He looked up and waved, “Oh hi Yeonseo~ Just arrived?”

“Yup” she replied, nodding her head.

“Oh, my first customer” Yeonseo then went to the counter upon seeing somebody there.

“Good evening. What would you..” she stopped talking, shocked to see Junhyung as her first customer.

“Good evening Yeonseo-sshi, I would like a cup of cappuccino please” he ordered politely, grinning.

“Yah, did you stalk me?” Yeonseo questioned.

“What? No, I did not” Junhyung replied innocently. She scanned his cunning face, feeling suspicious of him. Junhyung glared at her.

“Wait” Yeonseo instructed and went to make the cappuccino. Junhyung just watch her doing her job. She was so elegant and graceful. Just what he wanted in his ideal girl. Yeonseo then served the ready-made cappuccino to Junhyung. He then paid for the drink and took it.

“Thank you~” he thanked and went to sit at a corner. Yeonseo served the next customer. He observed Yeonseo while drinking his cappuccino. He was impressed by her cappuccino. The taste was perfect. The smile that was drawn on her lips seemed so sincere even though she serves strangers that might not be as amiable as her, Junhyung thought.

“Yeonseo-ah, do you have any ideas how to attract more customers here?” Sungyeol appeared.

“Uhhh.. oh, I know. Since Pepero Day is coming, we can invite couples to celebrate it here, but instead of using pepero, we can use the pretzel. The one with the smallest pretzel left is the winner” she suggested.

“Hm.. that’s a great idea. Thank you, Yeonseo-ah” he replied, writing down the idea on a piece of paper and went back into the staff room.

“Welcome” Yeonseo replied. She then saw Junhyung walking towards the counter.

“One cheese cake please” Junhyung pointed to the cheese cake.

Yeonseo, again, looked at him suspiciously and served the cheese cake to him.

“Anyways, what time will you finish work? I’m thinking about bringing you to the party after this” he asked, paying.

“10pm” she replied.

“What?! 1 hour 30 minutes more?! Haa..” he whined.

“Yah, stop whining and move. There’s people behind” Yeonseo pointed.

“Oh sorry” he apologized and went back to his seat with the cheese cake.

He ate his cheese cake and drank his cappuccino slowly, keeping an eye on the time. He felt as if time passes by darn slowly. He folded his arms and rested his heads on the table. Subconsciously, he fell asleep.

Yeonseo took a glimpse on Junhyung and found out that he was sleeping. Since the café was less crowded than before, she did not wake Junhyung up and continue working.

<10pm>

“Yeonseo-ah, you can leave first before your manager demands for a pillow” Sungyeol let out a small laugh.

“Hahah okay thanks Sungyeol oppa. Bye” Yeonseo took off her apron, grabbed her bag and went outside the staff room.

“Yah, wake up. It’s 10pm already” she tapped on Junhyung’s shoulder, but he didn’t move.

“Yah, wake up!” she shook his body. Junhyung finally woke up, stretching, to find that the café was empty.

“Oh, lets go” he got up from his seat lazily and exit the café.