Just A Manager

I Like You The Best

Junhyung cleared his throat and said, “Yeonseo-ah, do you love me?”

Yeonseo was flabbergasted by the sudden question.

“Huh? Are you crazy? You are my manager. How can I possibly.. Wait… You like me?” Yeonseo’s eyes widened.

“Isnt it obvious? Why else would I wait for you at the café? And at the night club too. And even just now when we performed.. I thought you noticed.. But it seems like, I’m just your manager.. ” Junhyung looked away, broken hearted. Yeonseo then realised. She didn’t know what to answer. Her feelings for Junhyung has not settled yet.

“Junhyung.. I..” she called, but she was interrupted by Yoseob.

“Hyung, Yeonseo, we’re going to cut the cake now. Lets go”

“Aish, what a timing.. Come, lets go” Junhyung complained and stood up. Yeonseo also stood up and the three of them joined the rest at the dining room. They were already crowding around the cake and the birthday boy. The house was then filled with the birthday song to Dujun. And they also took some pictures. After that, they ate the delicious chocolate ice-cream cake. Ming and Yeonseo then decided to go home since it’s already 11pm.

“Let me give you guys a ride. I’m going home too” Yoseob offered.

“Okay, oppa” Ming linked her arm with Yoseob’s upon noticing that Dujun is heading their way.

“I’ll take Yeonseo home,” Junhyung suddenly appeared.

“Ming-ah, can I talk to you for a while? Yoseob-ah, may I?” Dujun asked, looking nervous all of a sudden.

“Sure, but not too long” Yoseob glanced at Ming.

“Thanks man. Ming-ah, follow me” Dujun then headed to the balcony with Ming following behind him.

Yeonseo and Junhyung then left the house.

“Ming-ah, I’m glad to see that you are happy with Yoseob now” Dujun said, trying to sound glad. Ming just kept quiet.

“Are you still angry at me?” Dujun asked, facing Ming. Ming looked at him, flashback of how they broke up made her feel like crying.

“You didn’t even call me once for the past few years. I’ve been waiting..” Ming bit her lower lips to prevent tears from falling.

“I’m sorry, Ming-ah. I had no choice. You know my mom doesn’t approve our relationship. She had me followed every single day and I had no privacy and,” Dujun heaved a sigh, seeing Ming crying. Tears can’t seem to stop rolling down her cheeks. Dujun pulled her towards him and hugged her.

“I’m terribly sorry, Ming” Dujun apologized again.

“You jerk. You should have fought those bodyguards and ran to me..” Ming said, crying and hitting Dujun’s chest. Dujun let go of the hug and looked at her in the eyes.

“You’re still the same..” Dujun let out a small laugh.

“I hope you and Yoseob will last long. I can see that Yoseob really loves you. And I’m sure he will not disappoint you, like how I did..” Dujun continued. Ming just stayed silent, taking his words to heart.

“Yoseob is waiting for you. Hurry up” Dujun then wiped Ming’s tears using his bare fingers and lightly pushed Ming outside by her shoulders.

“Yoseob-ah, take care of her, okay? If you ever made her cry, I’ll whack your off” Dujun warned.

“I will, hyung. Come” Yoseob then opened the car door for Ming. Yoseob and Dujun did their handshake and Yoseob went inside his car. Dujun waved at Ming and she waved back, holding back her tears.

“Are you okay?” Yoseob asked, worried about her.

“Yes, im fine” she uttered. Along the way to her house, she did not say a single word. Yoseob just let her have her own time.

“We’re here” Yoseob announced.

“Uh thank you, Yoseob oppa, for everything” Ming thanked.

“You’re welcome, Ming” Yoseob gave a warm smile which causes Ming to cheer up somehow. She smiled back and exit the car. Before going in, she turned back and waved at Yoseob. Yoseob waved back. Little did she know that Yoseob had heard her conversation with Dujun just now.