Someone's Angel

I Like You The Best

Many people cheered and applaud upon seeing Myungsoo up on the stage to participate. They took a pretzel and placed each end on each mouths.

“3,2,1 Start!” the host announced. Myungsoo and Yeonseo then bite the pretzel and went nearer towards each other at every bite. Myungsoo hold Yeonseo’s arms when the pretzel almost came to an end. Their lips almost touched, almost, but not yet. And then, Myungsoo bite off the pretzel, leaving the pretzel between Yeonseo’s lips. Yeonseo then bit off the pretzel from her teeth and handed it to the host to measure it.

Their remaining pretzel measured 2cm, which made them came in third place. They then got down the stage with their prize.

“Myungsoo oppa, why did you say Junhyung will be there to protect me?” Yeonseo asked once they had got down from the stage.

“Well, he came to me and asked what is our relationship. So I told him that I am your ex-boyfriend.. And I could tell that he likes you so I asked permission to take part in the competition with you since.. you’ll be someone else’s angel soon..” Myungsoo looked into Yeonseo’s eyes. Yeonseo could see the sincerity in his eyes.

“Speaking of the devil, he’s coming. I’ll be going now. I have a photo shoot tomorrow morning. See ya” Myungsoo waved and then went off.

Yeonseo was at a loss of words. She just looked at her ex-boyfriend’s back figure, thinking back about the memories that they had shared. She broke up with Myungsoo because she realised that she only liked him, not love. The one she really loved was Sungyeol that time. But now...

“Yeonseo-ah, are you okay?” Junhyung asked, concern. Yeonseo changed her gaze to Junhyung and tears started to trickle down her cheeks. Now, the one she really loved was Junhyung.

“Yeonseo-ah, why are you crying? Are you okay?” Junhyung held her arms and examined her face, feeling panicked as he never saw Yeonseo cried before.

“Can.. can I b-borrow your shoulders, for a while?” Yeonseo asked in between sobs.

“Of course, Yeonseo” Junhyung stepped closer towards Yeonseo. Yeonseo then placed her head on Junhyung’s shoulder, hoping that she would feel better. Junhyung didnt know how to cajole her so he just hugged Yeonseo and gently pat on her head, hoping that she would feel better too. They stayed like that for a moment until Yeonseo pulled away, wiping her tears.

“Um, thank you, Junhyung oppa” she said softly, giving a faint smile. Junhyung’s eyes widened when he heard Yeonseo calling him Junhyung oppa. He was shocked but happy at the same time. That was the first time Yeonseo called him oppa.

“Uh, you’re welcome” he gave a shy smile, rubbing the back of his neck.

Just then, whispers and squealings were heard in the café.