Free Lunch

I Like You The Best

“Yeonseo-ah, big news! Our manager is treating us lunch later!” Ming told Yeonseo.

“What?? Are you serious??” Yeonseo’s eyes widened.

“Yes! His assistant came and told us while you went to the toilet,” Ming replied.

“Maybe he’s in a good mood because of … last night?” Ming continued, winking.

“Tch. Yeah right..” Yeonseo could feel her cheeks reddened slightly.

The restaurant was filled with murmurings. People queue up for the buffet. Yeonseo and Ming was taking food from the buffet.

“Ohmygod. Sushiiiiiii~” Yeonseo squealed, grabbing as many sushis she can on her plate.

“So, you like sushis huh, Yeonseo-sshi?” Junhyung suddenly appeared.

“Huh? Uh, yes, Mr Yong,” Yeonseo was surprised.

“It was so nice of you to treat us, Mr Yong. Thank you,” Ming thanked, and bowed.

“I suppose you are Ming? Yeonseo’s friend?” he asked.

“Yes, I am. Did Yeonseo talked about me behind my back to you?” Ming whispered her question.

“Yah, I heard that okay,” Yeonseo poked Ming’s stomach.

“Owww. Okay okay fine. Go take your sushi. I want to explore the food here. Mr Yong, I give you permission to occupy Yeonseo for lunchtime. Have fun!” she waved and left.

“Yah yah! You’re so dead, Lee Ming!” Yeonseo called out.

“So, she gave me permission eh.. Lets go,” Junhyung offered.

“Huh? You mean, eat lunch together?” Yeonseo asked, confused.

“Yes, Yeonseo-sshi. Lets go,” he then took away her plate and gave it to a random person passing by. He then grabbed Yeonseo’s hand and led her to the private room in the restaurant. Junhyung pulled out a chair for Yeonseo to sit.

“Thank you,” she said, softly and shyly.

He then went to the opposite side of the table and sat down.

“So, what do you want to order?” he flipped through the menu.

“Um, anything will do. I’m not picky,” Yeonseo closed the menu book.

“Okay then. I’ll order two bottles of beer…” he said, looking at the menu.

“Yah yah. Then I’m going out,” Yeonseo stood up.

“Too bad. Only those with this pass can go out because this is the VVIP room,” Junhyung showed the pass to Yeonseo. She then tried to snatch that pass from him but to no avail. He placed it back in his pocket pants.

“Take it if you want,” he patted his pocket.

“Ugh, fine” she groaned in anger and sat down.

He then called the waiter and ordered. She watched and heard Junhyung ordered carefully, making sure that he did not order any alcohol. But she didn’t even heard any word associated with alcohol. Instead, she heard the word ‘SUSHI’. The waiter left, after Junhyung ordered.

“Why did you treat us lunch?” Yeonseo suddenly asked, curious.

“Because I’m your new manager? I didn’t have time last time because I was too busy,” he shrugged.

“Then why did you drag me here?” Yeonseo asked another question.

“To have lunch, duh” Junhyung replied.

“Why me?”

“I don’t know. Your friend gave me permission so I just accept” he replied, shrugging his shoulders.

Right then, their food arrived. They then tucked in. Yeonseo saw the sushi and immediately ate them happily.

“You just love sushis huh?” Junhyung said, drinking.

“Got a problem with that?” Yeonseo said, mouth full of sushis.

“Omo omo. Just look at that” Junhyung placed down his drink.

“Oops. Sorry, Mr Yong” Yeonseo said, sarcastically.

“Tch. What an attitude” Junhyung rolled his eyes.

Right then, Yeonseo’s phone rang. She placed her chopsticks down and fished out her phone. It was an overseas call. She answered the call.

“Hello? .. Sunggyu oppa?! I miss you too~ I’m fine..” Yeonseo talked to the other line.

“You’re coming back?! Oh my god, that’s great! Okay, we’ll fetch you. Ming is not with me right now.. Yes, we’re working. Nevermind, it’s lunchtime anyways. Call her phone then.. Okay, see you, oppa~ Bye” she hung up.

“Oppa? Boyfriend?” Junhyung questioned.

“Why? Jealous?” Yeonseo put away her phone and continue eating.

“Tch. You got to be kidding me” he chuckled.

“That’s my brother, by the way” she told the truth.

“Ah I see..  You have any sisters?” he asked.

“Desperate for a girlfriend huh?” she asked bluntly.

“Got a problem with that?” he imitated Yeonseo.

“Tch” Yeonseo rolled her eyes.

Lunchtime was almost over when they had finished eating. Junhyung tapped the card and the door opened. Both of them went out and headed for the lift. Junhyung’s office is located at the same floor as Yeonseo’s department.

“Not even a thank you for the meal?” Junhyung bluntly asked.

“Thank you, Mr Yong,” she rolled her eyes and bowed.

“Wow, so polite..” he said sarcastically.

They arrived and got out of the lift. Yeonseo then turned right to her office.

“Not even a wave?” Junhyung called out.

Hearing that, Yeonseo waved, without turning her head.

Junhyung smiled, and headed for his office.