The Party

I Like You The Best

Ming received a text from an unknown number. It said: ‘Hi Ming~ So, do you want to go to the party with me?^^ -Yoseob oppa’

“Let me guess, Yoseob oppa texted you?” Yeonseo guessed.

“Yup. Let me guess, you gave him my number?” Ming tried.

“Hehe~ So, are you going to the party?” Yeonseo waved her eyebrows.

“Since he texted me, I am going” Ming smiled sheepishly and then replied the text:’Hi Yoseob oppa~ Okay, I’ll go with you to the party(:’ she clicked the send button, lying on the bed.

“Okay then, I’ll be going to work now. Have fun at the party~” Yeonseo said in a sing song voice.

At that moment, Ming received a text: ‘That’s great! I’ll pick you up in an hour’s time. Your address?’

Ming then gave her address. She then got up and got ready for the party.

Knock knock~ Ming opened the door to find Yoseob outside.

“Hi Ming-" Yoseob paused to look at Ming from top to toe. 

"Wow, you look stunning" Yoseob's eyes twinkled.

“Huh um, thank you Yoseob oppa” Ming blushed, tucking her hair behind her ear.

“My pleasure. Are we ready to go?" Yoseob grinned.

"Yup" Ming closed the door behind her.

Being a gentleman, Yoseob opened the car door for Ming before hopping in the driver's seat and taking off.

“Mr Yong isn’t coming?” she suddenly remembered about Junhyung.

“Nope, most probably he will be going to Paradise Café” Yoseob said, knowing Junhyung’s behaviour and attitude.

“Ahhh, i see. Who’s party are we going to?”

“Dujun, my college friend” he answered, eyes still glued on the road.

“Dujun? Yoon Dujun?!” Ming’s eyes widened.

“Yes. You know him?” Yoseob glanced at Ming before concentrating back on the road.

“He’s my ex…” she said softly.

“Ex? Since when?” he was surprised.

“Since high school.. Is he attached right now?” Ming hesitantly asked.

“If I'm not wrong, yes he's attached" 

Ming pouted, playing with her bracelet. There was a slight pause.

“Do you.. need my help?” Yoseob offered.

“Help?”

“Yeah, I can become your.. boyfriend. Well, that’s what I always see in movies and dramas..”

“Oh my god, you read my mind, Yoseob oppa. Hahaha~ Thanks!” she brightened up.

“Don’t mention it” he gave a warm smile.

They had reached their destination. It was a very huge house. Yoseob parked his car outside the house. There were quite a number of cars and motorbikes parked there too. Pop music could be heard blasting inside.

“Come, let’s go” Yoseob held out his arm, like how a prince would to his princess.

Ming then remembered about their plan and linked arms with him, her heart skipping a beat. They then went inside the house that was filled with people dancing and drinking and flirting and --- partying.

“Hey man~” Dujun and Yoseob did their cool handshake.

“Happy birthday, Dujun hyung~ This present is from me and my girlfriend, Ming” He handed the gift and glanced at Ming beside him and gave an encouraging smile.

“Lee Ming? You’re Yoseob’s girlfriend?” Dujun now realised his ex-girlfriend beside Yoseob. Dujun's eyes were filled with shock, hurt and -- jealousy.

"Um yeah. Anyways, happy birthday, Dujun oppa! I wish you good health and good wealth! ” she faked a grin to cover up her shaking heart.

“Thank you Ming. You guys enjoy the party okay? There are more guests arriving” Dujun patted Yoseob’s shoulder and headed off somewhere.

The both of them then went to take their food at the buffet and sat down at the living room where Hyunseung, Dongwoon and Gikwang could be found, playing XBOX.

“Hey Yoseob~”  they exchanged their cool handshakes among them.

“Omo, hi guys! Still remember me?” Ming waved enthusiastically.

“Lee Ming?” Dongwoon recognized.

“Oh my god, Ming. You became more beautiful “ Hyunseung openly complimented.

“How can we not remember our closest high school friend?” Gikwang stood up and hugged Ming tightly.

Ming hugged him back, it's been too long since they last met.

“Don’t tell me you’re Yoseob’s girlfriend?” Gikwang suddenly asked, letting go of the hug abruptly.

“Hehehe, I am…” Ming giggled, sitting down beside Yoseob.

“Aw man, I lost my chance again..” Gikwang pouted.

“You liked Ming?” Yoseob asked, already started eating.

“Yup, since high school” he said somehow proudly. 

“But he got rejected” Hyunseung butted in, laughing and hi-fived Dongwoon.

Gikwang just rolled his eyes and continued playing the game.

“Aww, you still like me? But im sure there are a lot of other girls after you” Ming softened, giving him a warm pat on his muscular arm.

“Well, there are.. but none of them caught my attention like you” he said, eyes glued to the game.

“What did you say?” Yoseob glared at him like how a boyfriend would when he's jealous.

“Oh . Boyfriend is angry..” Gikwang teased.

Ming peeked at Yoseob who just beamed at her.