Beautiful Night

I Like You The Best

The scenery of the place was so beautiful. There were benches facing a big river and across that river, were high-rise buildings with bright and colourful lights on.

 “Feeling better?” Junhyung alighted his motorcycle and took off his helmet.

“Um, yes” Yeonseo then alighted and tried to take off the helmet but to no avail. She doesn’t know how to. Noticing that, Junhyung reached out and helped her. “Thank you,” Yeonseo thanked, touching up her hair.

“Lets sit here,” Junhyung went to a bench nearby and sit down. Yeonseo followed him and sat down beside him. There was a moment of silence for a while. The night seemed so peaceful, so beautiful. “Um, Mr Yong,” Yeonseo called.

“Please don’t call me that outside our workplace,” he said. “Call me Junhyung,” he continued.

“Ah, okay,” Yeonseo replied. Again, there was silence, peace.

“Actually, my dad used to take me for a ride on his motorcycle whenever I have a headache because of the alcohol smell…” Yeonseo told Junhyung.

“Really? What about now?” he asked.

“He’s working overseas now. My mom too,” she replied.

“So, who do you live with, now?” Junhyung asked.

“My friend, Ming. She’s working at Sun shopping mall too,” she replied.

“Oh, I see. Are you okay now?” Junhyung questioned, looking at Yeonseo.

“Much better,” she said.

Junhyung looked away, nodding.

“Um, thank you, Junhyung,” she thanked, saying ‘Junhyung’ softer. Junhyung looked at Yeonseo, and smiled.

“Come, I’ll take you home. Its late,” he said, heading to his motorcycle. Yeonseo followed him. He took a helmet and again, wore it over Yeonseo’s head knowing that she doesn’t know how to wear one. He then  wore his.

“Where do you live?” he asked, hopping on his motorcycle.

“Not far from here. I’ll tell you the directions,” she said after boarding the motorcycle.

With that, Junhyung drove off.

“Turn right after this traffic light,” Yeonseo instructed. Junhyung stopped at the red light. There was awkward silence.  Junhyung adjusted his seat, so Yeonseo let go of his shirt for a while. The red light changed to green and he drove off. Losing her balance, Yeonseo leaned against his back accidentally and immediately pulled herself away and just hold on to his shirt.

The motorcycle came to a stop in front of Yeonseo’s house. She hopped off the motorcycle, holding Junhyung’s shoulder to gain balance. He signalled Yeonseo to come closer to him. Yeonseo did and he took off her helmet for her. “Thank you, again” she thanked again.

“You’re welcome. Good night, Yeonseo” Junhyung waved and drove off. Yeonseo waved back. She watched Junhyung drove off until he’s out of sight and head home.

“What?! That’s Mr Yong just now?! What did you guys do?” Ming questioned, curious.

Yeonseo lie down on their bed after changing her clothes. Ming crawled beside her, waiting for her reply.

“Well, I was walking back home from my part time job when I came across Mr Yong and Yoseob, remember, his friend? He wanted to make sure if im really allergic to alcohol. So he invited me to join them to the club,” she explained.

“Okay… then?”

“Then, he drank one glass of beer and…” Yeonseo paused, creating suspense.

“And what? Yah, ppalli,” Ming plead.

“He leaned to me but I avoided. So, he placed his arms around my waist..”

“Oh my god! And then??”

“And then, he pulled me closer and whispered: There are guys staring at you. Be careful. Stay with me, close” Yeonseo impersonated Junhyung’s voice.

“Ahhhh! So sweet!” Ming fangirled.

“And he took my hand and left the club, his arm placed around my neck,” she said, dramatically.

“Awww. Then?” Ming asked.

“Then, my head started spinning and I said I needed some fresh air. So, he led me to his motorcycle and went for a ride to the river nearby. The view was so nice. And now, I want to sleep. Okay bye goodnight!”  Yeonseo suddenly changed the topic and tucked into bed.

“Yah, Yeonseo-ah, yah! Fine, fine..” Ming also tucked in beside Yeonseo.