Chapter 24

Silence of Love (Part 2)

 

       The early morning light shines through the curtains. Yun-Soon was curled onto a ball laying on the couch, her phone beside her hand. [flash back] "Wae? Why did you have to leave, huh? Didn't I told you before, that if there's something bothering you, please let me know" [flash back ends] Tears slowly creep down the side of her cheek. What are you doing, Park Yun-Soon? Is this how you treat someone you've loved for so many years? Are you just going to continue hiding away and die without him knowing it? "Kikwang ah" Yun-Soon said in a small voice. [flash back] "Stop the car! Yun-Soon ah! Please stop the car!" Kikwang yelled, as he chased after the taxi. [flash back ends] If I had only stop then, I wouldn't have to be hurt so much like this.

 

****************

 

      Kikwang was sitting at the dinner table, staring at his plate. "Kikwang ah. Dear" his mom said, worried. He snaps out and looks up to met his mom's eyes. "Are you not feeling well today? Your face is really pale, sweetie" his mom said. He smiled softly. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me, O-mmo-ni" Kikwang said, forcing a smile. His mom didn't feel right, looking at him suffering for so long.

 

  At the police station

       Yun-Soon was at her desk, looking through some paper work. She sighed and closed her eyes. Choi Byul turn to look at her, her face buried into her hands. She put her hands down, and looks at Choi Byul. "Choi Byul" Yun-Soon said. "Eh" Choi Byul said, surprised that she finally talked. "I...do I look like a bad person to you?" Yun-Soon asked, curiously "W-Wae? Why are you asking such a weird question?" Choi Byul said, confused. "If I hurted someone and ignored them, doesn't that mean I'm a heartless person?" Yun-Soon asked, looked away sadly. "What are you talking about, Yun-Soon? I don't understand" Choi Byul said. There was a long silent. "Nevermind. Forget what I just said" Yun-Soon sighed, then she put her head down. Choi Byul looked at her, still confused. "Yah! Yun-Soon sshi!" the boss yelled. She stood up quickly, looking at him. "What are you doing?! Get to work!" the boss yelled, disappointed on her. "Neh..boss" Yun-Soon said, bow. Everyone looked at her as she stood there when the boss left. Yun-Soon looked exhausted and frustrated, as she sighed again.

 

  Back at Kikwang's house

       "Jae! Rin! Where's Kikwang?!" his mom called, looking around. Both servants came running. "Your Highness, Prince Kikwang is not anywhere in this house" Rin said, after bowing. The Queen looked at Jae. "I went to his room and he wasn't there either" Jae said. "Continue looking. He couldn't possibly have gone that far with that pale face and weak body of his" his mom said. "Yes, your Highness" they both said, bow.

 

     BBBBRRING! Choi Byul picks up the phone. "Hello, this is police station. How may I help you?" Choi Byul asked. Yun-Soon was getting herself a cup of coffee. "Neh. Don't worry, we'll help you look for him" Choi Byul said. Yun-Soon pour the hot water into her cup. Choi Byul hung up and stood up. "All right, guys! Another mission to do!" Choi Byul said. The other workers looked at her. "This person's name is Lee Kikwang. He seem to went missing this afternoon. So we need to find him" Choi Byul said. Suddenly, there was a loud glass crash onto the ground. Everyone looked at the direction. "Omo. Yun-Soon ah, are you okay?" a worker asked, as Yun-Soon was holding onto her hand that got burn by the hot water. An-ni. He couldn't. Then, she ran out. "Yun-Soon!" the workers called after her. Her phone was ringing as she was running. "Yo-bo-sa-yo?" Yun-Soon answered. Slowly, she came to a stop. "Yun-Soon, please. Please find my son. I beg you" ......"Your Highness" Yun-Soon said, shocked. "I beg you, Yun-Soon ah. Kikwang's not feeling well and suddenly disappeared. Please find him" his mom said. There was a long silent before they both hung up. She looked up, then looked around. Kikwang, ne-ba-bo-yah (you idiot). What are you thinking?

 

*******************

 

      Yun-Soon stopped running, breathing heavily as she was catching her breath. She glance at her wrist watch. 6:27 p.m. then she looked around. Everything around her was moving slowly as she continued to look. "Where are you, Kikwang?" Yun-Soon said, looked at the empty streets. So this is how it feels like to be left behind, huh? Someone leaving you behind...hurts more than anything, right? Was that how Kikwang felt like? Is that why...is that why he's hiding away from me now? Suddenly, her cell phone rang. "Hello?" Yun-Soon answered. There was a long pause.

 

**************

 

      Yun-Soon got to the location and stop to look around. She then took out her phone, dialing the number. She listened to the ringing, and soon the phone was picked up. "Neh. I'm here. Where are you?" Yun-Soon asked, looking everywhere. [5 mintues later] Yun-Soon bow politly and saying her "thank you". The person left, leaving her and Kikwang in the room. She was relief seeing Kikwang okay from any danger. Ring-ring-ring-ring. "Neh" Yun-Soon answered. "Uhm. Araso" Yun-Soon said, then she hang up. Then, she glanced at him.

 

   

 

    sorry for updating so late!

        i know it's a short chapter, but i'll try to update longer ones next time!

             also, i've been running out of ideas 4 my story, so i won't be updating anytime soon!