Chapter 17

Silence of Love (Part 2)

 

 

   That night, rain was pouring hard. Yun-Soon sat near the window, staring out. She remembered that face of Kikwang's, tears falling from his eyes. Knock. Knock. "Unnie. Dinner is ready" Mirae said, outside her bedroom door. Yun-Soon didn't bother to say anything. "Unnie? Gwen-chan-na?" Mirae asked, worried. "I'm fine. You two eat ahead without me" Yun-Soon said. "Neh" Mirae said, nodded. She turned and left as Yun-Soon heard her footsteps walking down the hall. Yun-Soon lean onto the wall as she hugged her knees. Mirae got back into the livingroom as Minhyuk was already sitting at the table. "Where's Noona? Is she not gonna eat?" Minhyuk asked, looked at her. "She told us to eat ahead without her" Mirae said, as she sat down. "Ah? Is that so?" Minhyuk smiled weakly. Yun-Soon lift her hand up and let her finger trace something onto the fog up window. "I love you..." she wrote and then she added a heart on the bottom left side. She stared at those words as she put her hand down. She then buried her face into her knees, sobbing quietly as the rain continued to pour.

 

 

  Kikwang was driving back home during that rainy night and there were lots of traffic. People honk at each other, unpatiently. When the lights , Kikwang step on the acceleration as his car moved. Then, some crazy person decided to cheat and drove off. Within a flash, the person's car hit into Kikwang driver's side. His car slam into the light pole and Kikwang was knock out unconsious. The person's front car was smashed against Kikwang's driver's door. "Omg!" people gasped, as some were running to the cars. The front window of Kikwang's car had a big crack on it as the other windows were scratched up badly, and his car was dented too.   

 

  [thunder rumbles loudly, which awaken Yun-Soon] She looked around the dark room. Light flashed into the room. "Ah" Yun-Soon yelped, scared of the thunder rumbling with lightning. Her hands covered her ears as her eyes were shut tightly. [the bells on her bracelet jingled lightly] "Huh?" Yun-Soon said, as she slowly put her hands down. She touched the bracelet as she looked at it.

 

  At the hospital

     Kikwang was brought to the hospital and was transmitted into the emergency room quickly. Later, Hyun Seung came and waited outside the room. "Oppa" Cho Hee said, as they came too. "Oh? Cho Hee. Junhyung" Hyun Seung said, as he stood up. "What happened? Is Kikwang alright?" Junhyung asked, worried. "Mo-lla-yo. The doctor hasn't come out yet" Hyun Seung said, looked at him. Then, a nurse came out in a rush. "Wait" Cho Hee said, stopped her. They all looked at her. "How's the patient? Is he going to be okay?" Cho Hee asked. "Sorry, but I'm in a rush. The doctor will explain this to you afterwards" the nurse said, and then she left. "Hold on" Cho Hee said, but Junhyung stopped her. She looks at him. "We'll wait out here until the doctor comes out" Junhyung said, looked at her. She just nods.

 

   Yun-Soon looked at the screen on her phone, staring at the number. [flash back] After crying on the street, Yun-Soon went back to Kikwang's house. "Wait here. I'll go get the Queen for you" the servant said. "Neh" Yun-Soon said, bow. Then, she left. Yun-Soon looked around the room, noticed everything was still in the same place. "Yun-Soon sshi" Kikwang's mom said, surprised. She turned around and saw her. His mom was shocked and glad to see her. Later on...."This is Kikwang's cell-phone number. Please call him, Yun-Soon sshi" his mom said, hand her a piece of paper. "But..." Yun-Soon said, looked at her. She took Yun-Soon's hand and put the paper into her hand. "There's a lot of things that you need to explain him. I...I know you wouldn't had left him, unless if it was for something that you couldn't tell him" his mom said, looked at her. Yun-Soon looked at her hand. [flash back ends]

 

  She took a deep breath and then dialed the number. She held the phone next to her ear, as she heard the ringing through the phone. Her heart was racing as she couldn't open . "Yo-bo-sa-yo?" an unfimilar voice answered. "Uh...hi...is Kikwang there..?" Yun-Soon asked, in a shaky voice. "Sorry, but he's still under check. Can you call later" she said. "Under check?" Yun-Soon said, confused. "Neh. The patient just had a car accident a while ago and is still under the doctor's check" she said. Tears formed in Yun-Soon's eyes very fast as her heart pound like it was going to come out. "Hello? Hello?" tthe voice said. Her hand slowly fell to her side as tears fell from her eyes. She was completely blank and couldn't move. "Yun-Soon! Yun-Soonie! Yun-Soon ah!" Kikwang's voice roamed in her ears as she remembered the tone and smile of his, calling her name. Yun-Soon looks up and quickly ran out her room without hesitating.  

 

 Later on....

     Cho Hee, Junhyung and Hyun Seung were sitting on the bench, outside the room. The red light in the box shut off and the doors opened. They all stand up as the doctor came out. The doctor shook his head and walked away. Cho Hee covered as tears filled her eyes. Junhyung pulled her into his arms. Hyun Seung step back, losing his balance as he sat back down on the bench. Yun-Soon later showed up, soaked from the rain. She looked around wildly and found her way to the emergency room. She opened the door at the same time the nurse covered the white blanket over his face. Yun-Soon looked at the person on the bed. "Oh? You are..." the nurse said, looked at her as she walked over. "Who....who's this.." Yun-Soon asked, looked at her. "Ah? You must be a family member, right?" the nurse said. Yun-Soon just looked at her, confused. "I'll leave now" the nurse said, bow and then she left.

 

  Yun-Soon watched the nurse left and then she turn back the body that was laying on the bed. She slowly step closer as her hand reached out. When she got hold of the blanket, she slowly pulled it down. Yun-Soon was shocked as she covered . There he was...laying dead on the bed in front of her. Hot tears rolled down her eyes. "An-ni. This isn't right!" Yun-Soon said, as she then hug his body. "I...I just saw you...not too long ago. This couldn't had happened!" Yun-Soon cried. Then, she looks at him. "il-eona..! (wake up!)" Yun-Soon cried, shaking him. "il-eona, Kikwang ah. Open your eyes, please" Yun-Soon said, and then she buried her face into his chest. She shaked as she cried hard, clinging onto his body.

 

   "Kikwang ah!" Yun-Soon said, woke up from her dream. She looked around the room, breathing heavily and then she turned to the clock. 6:34 a.m. She felt tears steaming in her eyes, scared from the dream. Yun-Soon hugged herself as she lean onto the wall, in the corner of her bed. Her sobbings were so quiet that no one could hear her.

 

 

 please leave comments!