How can I say “I Love You” in Chinese?

Because Of You

Amber’s POV:

I can’t believe I have a date with Krystal. I been thinking about my cousin, but he didn’t tell me anything I guess it was all on my mind. Well that doesn’t matter anymore to me. I’m trying to think in what would happen on Saturday. I’m so excited. Also I’m excited for my new class, I took the language class with the new teacher, Miss Victoria, to learn Chinese. I really think that my dad would like that I learn Chinese, after all my dad and mom are Chinese.

“Hello everyone or should I say Nihao?” Miss Victoria said to us

Everyone chuckles a little, she was funny and cute.

“Ok I’ll see we have a small group so let’s introduce ourselves okay?” She said with a big smile.

I turn to see my classmates; we were at least 10 persons at this class. I hope Miss Victoria doesn’t feel bad.

“How about you start? Introduce you please” Miss Victoria was pointing to Key

“Hi everyone, my name is Kim Kibum, but everyone calls me Key” Key said with proud.

“Mmm interesting, why everyone call you Key?” Miss Victoria suddenly asks.

“Well, I can do many things, everything that I do I’ll do it fine and perfect, I’m pretty smart too and I have a really good memory and an awesome eye to learn stuff just by watching. I’m like an Almighty Key” Key explains to the teacher.

I rolled my eyes, Key was sometimes a little too pretentious, but in fact he was such a cute kid.

“Aw I see, I like you Key, you’re cute” Miss Victoria reply to Key

Key suddenly blushes, Key it’s a tough cookie, he doesn’t blush that much. But with Miss Victoria he just blushes. I was trying so hard not to laugh out loud but Miss Victoria saw me.

“Okay, you the girl that is giggling over there” Miss Victoria spoke a little loud.

Is the first time that a teacher doesn’t think I’m a boy, I like her already

“Hi everyone, my name is Amber Liu” I said to my classmates.

“Tell us something about you” Miss Victoria told me

“Well I’m black belt at Taw Kwon Do, I like hip hop, indie, alternative and rock music. I have 2 brothers and one sister; I’m the youngest one of my family. And I like to learn new things.” I said quickly to my classmates.

“Mmm okay, don’t be nervous, remember kids this class it’s about languages but also about been confident to talk in those languages” Miss Victoria said to us.

“Okay, lets continue with the introductions” Miss Victoria said.

After a few minutes we knew our classmates. Miss Victoria seems pretty happy to give the class even if were only 10 students. She was indeed someone really cute and positive.

“Well we’re going to start with the basics okay?” Miss Victoria told us

We start to learn the numbers, and some rules of the Chinese. It wasn’t really difficult because my mom talk to me sometimes in Chinese, but I don’t know how to keep a conversation.

Author’s POV:

Because seniors have the Optional class. Key and Amber change their Optional class of Literature to Language class. This was they will learn Chinese and have the credits to complete the final year of High School.

Amber was trying really hard to remember and write everything that Miss Victoria was telling to the class. Amber really likes Miss Victoria, but in a way of admiration to someone older than you. She was happy to think that she could surprise her dad when he comes from his work business.

At the same time in the sophomore classroom Krystal was thinking of something. She was really nervous and excited for the date but she was having a really bad feeling about the date. She even talk to her sister, but she couldn’t understand why she was feeling like that.

The two hours of class passed quickly and now was Lunch time.

Krystal’s POV:

I stretch myself a little as I saw Sully yawn in front of me. I was really tired. I haven’t sleep so well, but there’s something that really makes me feel happy and with energy: talk to Amber.

Somehow just lo look her or talk to her, I feel so much better, so much happy and so much confident of myself.

“So…would you like to come to my house and watch a movie on Saturday Krystal?” Sully ask me.

“I can’t Sully, I have a date on Saturday” I reply to her with a big smile

“With who?” Sully seems really surprised

“With the Baby Koala” I answer her while walking outside the classroom.

“Wow! That’s great Krystal. Maybe you can kiss now” Sully said while she was laughing

“Hey you were the one to blame about the kiss subject, you really ruin the mood Sully” I said while we reach the cafeteria.

“I know, I’m sorry.” She just grab my shoulder.

We just sit and wait for the others to come. A few minutes after that Luna and Taemin appear follow by Key and Amber, and a woman that was kind of familiar.

“Hey guys, guess what?” Key ask us

“What?” Luna ask him

“It’s not fun like this Luna” Taemin suddenly said to Luna.

We all laugh a little, but I turn my face and saw Amber talking to the lady again.

I know that I know her, but I can’t remember of where.

Suddenly Amber come to the table with the lady. She look so happy

“Hey I want you to meet Miss Victoria Song, my Chinese teacher” Amber said to us with proud

“Hi kids, I just want to know who were the friends of my two favorite students” Miss Victoria said.

“Hi Miss” we all reply to her.

“Well, see you later Key and Amber. Remember to do your homework Zàijiàn” Miss Victoria waves her hand to us.

Of course, she was the new teacher, her look pretty close of Amber. I start to feel jealous but Amber do the cutest thing in the world.

“Hey princess Nǐ shì měilì de” Amber said to me while smiling.

“What?” I ask her

“It means you’re beautiful, she ask Miss Victoria” Key reply towards me

I just blush, I can’t believe Amber told me that in Chinese, she indeed knows how to make a girl smile. I just smile to her and then Luna spoke.

“Hey Amber, how can I say I Love You in Chinese?” Luna ask suddenly.

“You wanna surprise Onew?” Taemin tease Luna

“Yes” Luna reply dryly.

“Luna we just start with the basics, we’re learning the rules and the numbers” Key said to Luna with an annoyed tone

“That’s true, but in fact I actually know how to say I Love You in Chinese. My dad taught me while he told me the story how my mom and he know each other”. Amber said proudly.

“Tell us” I said to her.

Amber’s POV:

Krystal look at me and tell me to tell the story. Really I don’t remember right the story, my dad tell me the story when I was 8 years old. But I try to remember the most important thing.

“Well my parents met when they were studying in High School. My dad told me that he met my mom by a mutual friend. The first time that my mom saw my dad she thought my dad was handsome but my dad thought that my mom was too much for him. But my mom really likes my dad so she starts courting my dad. After 5 month of courting and flirt, my mom said directly to my dad:

  • You seriously are the most stupid boy I have met in my life. You didn’t realize how much I care for you and never try to understand my feelings.

“Wow, that sounds like Aunt” Sully spoke.

“Shhh, then what do you father said Amber?” Key commands me to continue.

“My dad was so surprise, he actually knows how my mom feels, but he thinks that he wasn’t good enough for my mom. But when my mom told him that he react and then he said to me that he slaps himself mentally and then answer to my mom:

  • I think I’m not good enough for you, I really think you fall in love with the wrong person, but if you are willing to forgive me for being stupid I promise you that I will try my whole life to be better to be good enough for you.

My mom start to cry and then she just scream at my dad:

  • Wǒ ài nǐ even if you are an
  • Wǒ ài nǐ

 

I remain silence and then I saw to my group the look pretty surprised, but suddenly they just scream and make an “awwwww” sound.

“That’s the most cute and funny story I ever heard” Luna told me.

“Totally fit with my uncles” Sully said too

“Your mom have this sassy attitude, I like her” Key reply too.

“I love it, your dad it’s pretty romantic Amber” Taemin said to me.

I turn to see the only person that didn’t reply to the story and I feel happy when I understand why she didn’t reply. Krystal was crying in silence. She looks so cute and beautiful.

“Don’t cry princess” I said to her while I grab her hand

“Your dad is truly an ” She told with a mad tone.

“WHAT?” everyone scream suddenly

I just stay there grabbing Krystal’s hand.

“When someone enters in your life and you realize that person it’s the one you shouldn’t think you’re not good enough, because if you think that you hurt the other person too. But I guess you dad was really insecure back then” Krystal explain to me.

I just smile at her.

If you only knew that’s how I feel.

“My dad hasn’t changed, until this day he is a little insecure, but my mom always say to him:

  • You’re the only one

“And with that he feels better” I explain to the group.

Suddenly Krystal whisper to me. She makes me shiver when she do that.

“You never ever feel like that, did you hear me?” She kind of threats me.

“You’re a little too late princess” I said to her and then kiss her cheek.

Krystal just blushes and returns to her spot. We finished eating and return to our classes.

I can’t wait to Saturday Krystal

I thought for myself while the class was starting. I have a good feeling about this.

----------------------------------------------------OoO------------------------------------------------------------

Minho’s POV:

I’m so bored I hate when my mom send to buy groceries with Sully, also Sully wants to buy all and then mom scolded me for all the money I spend. Ah, I just want to sleep.

I was thinking in the practice for tomorrow when I realize I have lost Sully.

Not again!

I start to walk for every hall in the store and then I heard her voice, that no so regular laugh of her. I walk towards the sound and I found Sully chatting like an old lady with two girls and a boy.

“Hey Sully! What I’ve told you about leaving me alone in the store?” I yell at her.

Sully turns her body to see me and then I see that one of the girls was Krystal. She was with another girl with blonde hair and a tall and really muscoulus guy.

I walk to place myself next to Sully and say Hi to Krystal.

“Hi Krystal, it’s really good to see you” I said with a big smile

“Oh, hi Minho” she reply to me with a smile

“This is my brother Minho” Sully introduces me to blonde girl

“Oh hi there, I’m Jessica, Krystal’s older sister and this is my boyfriend” She told in a really loud tone

“Hi man my name is Taeckyeon” The boy suddenly spoke while he waves his hand.

“I’m Choi Minho. So Krystal, are you busy this weekend? Because I and Sully want to watch a movie with some friend at our house” I said to Krystal.

“Oh sorry, as I told Sully I already have plans for Saturday” Krystal reply with an emotionless face.

She confuses me a lot, first she smiles to me and then she doesn’t show me any kind of emotion. Girls are weird seriously,

“Yes, Krystal told me this morning she have a date on Saturday” Sully said cheerful

“With the doctor? Are you sick?” I ask her.

“No she have a date with Amber, I think I told you before Minho” Sully scolded me

“You have date with “my”Amber?” I ask dumbfounded.

“You have a problem pal?” Taeckyeon ask me suddenly

Usually when I’m surprise my face seems like I’m angry or pissed but I’m surprised.

“No, Amber is my cousin. So…are you going to do some homework or something like that?” I ask her again.

“Oh sorry guys, Krystal mom is calling us she Is going to be mad if we don’t bring the sauce for the pasta in like 5 minutes so, bye nice to meet you” Jessica said to me and Sully

“Bye Sully” Krystal wave her hand to Sully

“Bye” I said dryly.

Sully and I finish the grocery list and go back home, I was still confused why Amber and Krystal have a date on Saturday, what are they going to do it’s not like they can do homework, Amber is a senior and Krystal a sophomore.

A date for what? Maybe they plan to do something.

I decide to ask my cousin Donghae.

[From: Minho

To: Donghae

 Hey cousin, do you know what Amber it’s going to do with Krystal on Saturday?]

I wait a few minutes and then I heard my cell phone. Donghae it’s a fast replier

[From: Donghae

To: Minho

Well they have a date. Why are you asking “ME” that? Ask baby dino]

I sigh; Donghae sometimes doesn’t get the meaning of the questions. Ok I start writing a message to Jonghyun, he knows better what Amber do that Donghae

[From: Minho

To: Jong

Hey do you know what Amber it’s going to do with Krystal on Saturday? I already know they have a date, I want to know a date for what.]

I explain myself in the message, this way Jong will get me more quickly.

Maybe I should talk to Amber

I heard the reply from Jong

[From: Jong

To: Minho

Well to know more about each other, for what do you have a date Minho? If you already know why are you asking me? They have a date, but I don’t know what are going to do, why do you want to know Minho?]

I didn’t understand quite well. So I just stay there thinking. But I was so tired so I fell asleep. I woke up 2 hrs after and remember the subject. I decided to send another message to Jong.

[From: Minho

To: Jong

I fell asleep sorry. So they have a date like a…romantic date? That’s what you’re saying?]

I heard my mom call me to dinner, but I feel that the answer to this message was more important at the moment. I feel my heart sinking when I read the answer of my questions.

[From: Jong

To: Minho

There other kinds of dates Minho? Oh well yes in a romantic date, Amber really likes her and for what I see she likes Amber too. Hey remember that we have basketball practice tomorrow so bring your training clothes. Good night Minho]

But I think she likes me. All the girls like me. No this maybe is a mistake. Maybe Jong understand wrong right? But what if they actually like my cousin? I don’t want to be cruel but I’m better than Amber.

I leave my cell phone in my desk and run downstairs to have dinner. I was so confuse, this matter doesn’t seem to have any kind of sense to me. But maybe I’m just been pranked.