Flashback 3 : Cupid Thunder

Tik Tok

" I'm going to school!!! "

 

" Bomi-ya!! Don't you have your breakfast?? "

 

" No, omma. I will eat with my friends."

 

" Arasso. Take care, dear. Bye."

 

" Bye, omma."

 

Bomi shouts to her mother and she happily walks to school. She is happy as she can see Chorong soon.

 

They become friends for three months and they become closer day by day. She has been missing her the whole weekends when the school is closed. And today is Monday so that she can finally meet her unnie.

 

She walks into the school and decides to wait Chorong at the school gate. She sits down at the bench near the gate and waits for Chorong to arrive.

 

" It's only 8:15. Chorong unnie will be in fifteen minutes."

 

Bomi said while she is looking at the watch. Chorong is a good student so she doesn't like to late for school. Thus she always come to school early.

 

" Bomi unnie!!! "

 

Bomi looks up and saw Naeun and Yookyung coming to her while they are linking arms.

 

Bomi smiles to them.

 

" Hey, guys."

 

" What are you doing here, unnie??? "

 

" Don't you go to class??? "

 

" I will but I have to wait someone."

 

Bomi said while she is checking towards the school gate. Yookyung and Naeun looks at each other and they smirk.

 

" Ahhhhhhhh. You are waiting for Eunji unnie??? "

 

" Or someone else??? "

 

" She must be a beautiful girl."

 

" And she must be older than us."

 

" Whom are you talking about, Naeun-na??? "

 

" Whom are you talking, too?? "

 

They count to three and said in unison.

 

" Bomi unnie is waiting for Chorong unnie!!! "

 

They give high five and Bomi frowns. The two kids who are having a great time of teasing Bomi think it is enough and they said.

 

" We are going to class, unnie."

 

" Immm."

 

" Send Eunji unnie to us when she comes."

 

" I know."

 

" Then we are going."

 

They walk away from Bomi and she sighs.

 

" What's wrong with these two??? They are so annoying."

 

She said and she checks her watch again. 

 

" 8:45."

 

She is surprised by the time. 

 

" The school is going to start and where is Chorong unnie??? "

 

She thinks and she keeps waiting. But there is no Chorong. And Eunji also doesn't come to school. 

 

When the school starts, Bomi has no choice but to come into her class. She has to listen to teachers but her mind is out from the class.

 

She is thinking about Chorong all the time. She tries to her but no one picks up the phone. Finally, she decides to go and checks her class.

 

Bomi peeks into the class and there is no Chorong. She doesn't know what to do and stands at there when someone taps on her shoulder.

 

She turns around and saw a girl behind her.

 

" You are Chorong's girlfriend, right??? "

 

She asks and Bomi thought that she is feeling like floating in the air. Girlfriend?? That's so good!!!

 

" Yes. I am. Do you know where Chorong unnie is?? "

 

" She didn't come to school today."

 

" Yes??? "

 

Bomi asks again and she pulls her inside the class.

 

" Come here."

 

She then makes her to stand in front of the class and said to the class with loud voice.

 

" Everyone!!! This is Chorong's girlfriend and she is looking for Chorong. Is anyone know why she didn't come to school??? "

 

She said and Bomi feels that her face is burning red. What if Chorong will scold her if she has pretended like her girlfriend.

 

But this is not important now. The most important thing is that she has to know what has happened to Chorong.

 

" She said to the teacher that she is ill. I heard that when I went to teachers' commom room this morning."

 

" Do you know where she lives???? "

 

Bomi asks and the class president takes out her notebook.

 

" Here is the address. I once went to her house for work. Here."

 

" Thanks you, unnies. I really thanks you."

 

Bomi said and she bows to the seniors again and again. 

 

" We are happy for Chorong that she has a cute and lovely girlfriend like you."

 

One of them said and Bomi's smile becomes double.

 

 

 

 

 

 

xxx xxx xxx

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bomi is walking along the narrow street. This street is peaceful and quiet. But she also notices that the people from here are not that rich.

 

She checks the address and lost the no. of the house. At that time, she sees a woman not so far so she decides to asks her.

 

" Hello, ajjuma."

 

" Oh, yes. Hello."

 

" Ummm. Do you know where Park Chorong lives?? "

 

She asks and the woman looks at her from head to toe. Then she smiles.

 

" You are her friend?? "

 

" Yes."

 

" Go straight and when you see a junction, turn right. Then you will see a lamp-post. That house is hers."

 

" Thanks you, ajjuma."

 

Bomi bows her and she follows her words. When she turns the corner, she saw a one-story house which seems it was white once but it is now old. 

 

She peeks into the house and sees no one inside. She tries to push the main door and it is open surprisingly.

 

She slowly enters the compound. This must once be a beautiful grass but now, they are just sandy ground. She takes off her shoes at the front and enters the house.

 

" Hello???? "

 

She said while looking around the small house. The house is messy and it seems Chorong's family is not rich.

 

" Hello??????? "

 

She raises her voice and calls again. At that time, she hears a sound from the rooms and she walks to there.

 

And to her horror, she saw Chorong who is falling on the ground in front of an open door.

 

" Chorong unnie. Why are you coming out??? Go stay inside the room.!!! "

 

she said and she helps Chorong to gets up from the floor. And she takes her into her small room.

 

The room is neat and tidy although it is small. Bomi slowly puts her on the bed and she helps her to be comfortable.

 

" Bomi-ya??? "

 

" Yes, unnie. What do you need??? "

 

" No. What are you doing here??? "

 

" Aww. You didn't come to school so I want to check on you. You should call me if you are sick."

 

She said while she is putting a blanket over Chorong.

 

" Bomi-ya, why you skip school??? "

 

" Umm?? No. I was worried for you so much so I can't attend any classes anymore."

 

Bomi said and she sits on the chair beside Chorong.

 

" Unnie, where are your parents??? "

 

" Hmm??? My father is out."

 

Chorong answers and Bomi doesn't ask her anymore as she notices that Chorong seems she doesn't like to say about it. So she changes the topic.

 

" Unnie, what did you eat??? And do you have any medicine??? "

 

" No."

 

Chorong answers and Bomi sighs.

 

" Wait for me. I will go buy something for you."

 

" No, Bomi-ya. It's ok."

 

" You are sick and you have listen to me. I'm going to buy something. This is final."

 

Bomi said and she goes to the nearest pharmacy shop and buy some medicine for Chorong. And she also buys a chicken soup from the shop and comes back quickly to Chorong.

 

" Unnie, I'm back."

 

Bomi announces and she puts the soup in a bowl. Then she takes it to the room and puts the bowl on the table.

 

" Chorong unnie??? "

 

She calls Chorong and Chorong opens her eyes.

 

" Get up. You need to take the medicine first."

 

" Bomi-ya, I make you busy. I'm sorry."

 

" No. I am doing this because I like to take care of you. Now, let's eat."

 

She said and she takes the bowl from the table and she feeds Chorong.

 

" Unnie, ahhhh."

 

" Bomi-ya, I can eat myself."

 

" But it is still hot and your hands will be hurt. Let me do it for you."

 

Bomi said and she continues to feed Chorong. Chorong feels so touched by Bomi and she happily eats all the soup.

 

And Bomi gives her a glass of water and pills.

 

" Take that, unnie."

 

" Thanks you."

 

Chorong said and she takes the medicine. Bomi smiles and she helps her to lie down again.

 

" Sleep now, unnie. I will wait beside you."

 

" It is ok. You have to go back to your house."

 

" No. There is no one in the house and you are alone. How can I leave you???? "

 

" But- "

 

" No but. I will call my home not to worry about me."

 

She said and Chorong sighs as she can't win that girl. But on the other hand, she likes the presence of someone by her side so she lets Bomi to stay with her.

 

And she falls asleep soon because of the medicine effect. Bomi sits beside her and she is watching Chorong's sleeping face the whole time.

 

And she dares herself to remove the bangs that covered her face.

 

" Why you are so pretty, unnie??? "

 

She whispers and a smile appears automatically on her face. She looks outside and notices that the sky is cloudy.

 

" Huh?? It will rain??? How should I go back home in the rain??? "

 

She said and she shifts her gaze back to Chorong. And she keeps staring her so that she doesn't aware how much time has gone by.

 

" Omma~~~ omma~~ please."

 

Bomi is surprised when Chorong sleep talks. She widens her eyes and holds onto Chorong's hand.

 

" Unnie?? "

 

" Omma. Omma. Don't."

 

" Unnie. Chorong unnie."

 

Bomi holds Chorong's hand tight and the later is calm down. And Bomi puts her free palm on Chorong's forehead.

 

" The fever is dropped. But she is so sweaty."

 

She thinks and she looks around the room. And she spots a pair of night dress in the basket near the corner. 

 

She slowly removes her hand from Chorong and walks to there to take the clothes.

 

" I have to change her."

 

She thought and also take a towel to wipe of the sweat for Chorong.

 

" I feel sorry for unnie. Why she is left alone at home although she is sick?? "

 

She said to herself and she takes them to the bed. She becomes nervous suddenly as she doesn't know where to start.

 

" What should I do??? What should I do??? "

 

She whispers and she looks at Chorong. But she has to do it.

 

" We are both girls and I am not doing anything creepy. Yes."

 

She said and she slowly pulls Chorong up from the bed and she leans her to the bedpost.

 

And she slowly undo the buttons. She did it gently so that Chorong will not wake up. And she can successfully removes the shirt.

 

She has to control herself not to touch Chorong's milky white skin and she gently rubs her upper body with the towel. And she is about to wear the new shirt for Chorong, Chorong opens her eyes.

 

" Bomi-ya, what are you doing?? "

 

" Ahhh."

 

Bomi is surprised and she also afraid.

 

" Unnie. No. I'm not doing anything. You are sweaty. And I want to change you. That's all."

 

" Bomi-ya. I don't say anything to you. I'm already thankful to you. It's ok."

 

She said and she smiles to her. And Bomi is relieved. She helps Chorong to wear the shirt back and she helps her to get up from the bed as the latter wants to go to the bathroom.

 

And when she comes back, Bomi helps her to sits back on the bed.

 

" What time is it??? "

 

" 7:00 pm."

 

" Don't you go back to your house??? "

 

" I'm waiting for you to wake up."

 

She said. At that time, a thunder roaring and Chorong screams in fear.

 

" Ahhhhhhh."

 

And she autimatically hugs Bomi.

 

" Wae, unnie?? '

 

" I'm afraid. I'm afraid."

 

Chorong is shaking badly in Bomi's arms and she doesn't know why. But she only care about Chorong and so she keeps her.

 

The rain starts and the thunder sounds are louder. And Chorong becomes more fearful and Bomi holds her in her arms while they are sitting on the bed together.

 

Chorong can't calm down easily and she takes about thirty minutes to calm down. And she slowly removes herself from Bomi when the thunders are silent.

 

And she realised what she has done and she turns around.

 

" I'm… I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hug you."

 

" It's ok, unnie. But you afraid of thunders??? "

 

She asks and Chorong looks at her.

 

" Yes. I am afraid of them. My mother left us on a rainly day and I becomes afraid whenever I hear the thunder sounds."

 

She said and Bomi sighs as she feels sorry for Chorong.

 

" Unnie, don't be afraid of them anymore. I'm here and I promise that I will protect you from the thunders."

 

" Yes?? "

 

Chorong doesn't understand what the younger girl is trying to say.

 

" Unnie, I have something to say."

 

Bomi starts and Chorong looks at her.

 

" I tried to be friends with you because I was interested in you from the first time I met you. I want to tell you since the long time ago but I am afriad of you."

 

She said and she holds onto Chorong's hand.

 

" Unnie, I love you. So can you accept my heart??? "

 

She asks and Chorong doesn't know what to answer.

 

" Bomi-ya. I'm not the right one for you. You and I are livng in two different worlds. Your family is rich and I am poor. We cannot be together."

 

" Unnie. I can fight everyone for you. I can fight for our love. If you take my hand today, I promise that I will never let it go."

 

Bomi said and Chorong looks at her face.

 

" Unnie, don't think me as a chance taker. But I am afraid of losing you."

 

Bomi said and she asks Chorong.

 

" What is your answer unnie??? "

 

Chorong doesn't answer and she just lowers her head. Her mind becomes two at that moment. One wants to take Bomi's hand but the other is stopping her.

 

" Unnie??? "

 

Bomi calls her again. At that time, the thunder strikes and Chorong jumps up in fear and she ends up in Bomi's arms again.

 

" Ah ha."

 

Bomi smiles widely and she holds Chorong.

 

" Bomi-ya, release me."

 

" No way!!! "

 

" Bbom-ah~~~~ "

 

Chorong uses her ageyo and Bomi thinks that her heart is jumping up and down in its chamber.

 

" I will only let you go if you say yes!! "

 

" Yah~~~ Don't cheat."

 

" Noooooooooooooo"

 

Bomi is stubborned and she hugs her more tight. Chorong is blushing and she wants to move away from Bomi but she is not that strong.

 

" Arasso. Arasso. I will tell yes."

 

" Say yes!! "

 

Chorong is shy and she can't say it.

 

" Unnie, if you don't say, I will punish by kissing you."

 

Bomi said and Chorong afraid.

 

" I will. I will. I love you, too."

 

Chorong whispers and Bomi smile becomes triple. But she kisses on the chubby lovely cheek of Chorong.

 

* Chu *

 

" Yah!!! I've said."

 

" Yes, you did. And this is the reward."

 

" You bad girl~~~ Cheater~"

 

She said and she lightly hits Bomi's chest. Bomi doesn't release her still and Chorong doesn't tell her to do so. And thus they stay like this for more.

 

" Bomi-ya, don't you go back to your house??? "

 

" How can I?? My girlfriend is afraid of thunders and how can I leave her alone?? "

 

Bomi said and Chorong feels shy by the word 'girlfriend'. And she also feels special because of the caring Bomi.

 

" Then what will you do?? "

 

" I will tell my parents that I will sleep over at my girlfriend's house."

 

" What!!! Don't be. What if they force you to break up with me?? "

 

Chorong becomes worry and Bomi laughs at her cute girl.

 

" Unnie, I'm just joking. I will not tell them now. But we will have to later. And there is nothing to worry. They let me to date anyone I like."

 

Bomi said and Chorong pouts.

 

" Really?? "

 

" Of course. Ahhh. Unnie. I'm forgetting to ask you. How are you feeling?? "

 

" I'm better. After the sleep, the headache is gone."

 

" That's good."

 

Bomi said and she puts Chorong down on the bed. 

 

" But you have to sleep more. "

 

" What about you?? "

 

" I will just sit on the chair and watch your sleeping."

 

" No way!! Come here. Join me."

 

Chorong said while she is making space for Bomi on the bed. Bomi's face red due to the idea of sharing bed.

 

" Bo-ra, you can confess me without feeling nervous and now you are blushing to share a bed?? "

 

" No. But unnie, I- "

 

" Come here. I'm afraid that the thunder will strike again."

 

Chorong said and Bomi sighs as she climbs on the bed and joins Chorong. The older girl moves closer to her and Bomi smiles. She puts the blanket over them and said to Chorong.

 

" Unnie, sleep now."

 

" Immmm."

 

" Good night."

 

" Good night."

 

She watches Chorong falling asleep again. She can't believe that they are dating now. She doesn't expect that Chorong will be her girlfriend that fast.

 

But she has to thank thunder. Because of it, she can be the protector of Chorong.

 

She slowly presses her lips on Chorong's forehead.

 

" Unnie. I will protect you from now on. No matter what we face in the future, I will be with you."

 

She said firmly. Chorong smiles in her sleep as her heart can hear the promise coming out from her girlfriend.

 

 

 

And they become official on a scary rainy day in which the rain is falling heavily and the thunder strikes are roaring loudly the whole night.