Final I

Tik Tok

Chorong is resting while she is closing her eyes. Eunji is beside her and she is focus on the road so she doesn't talk to her.

 

But she still can't believe that Naeun is the one who did everything to her. They have been friends for many years and she knows that girl very well.

 

Naeun is good-natured and kind-heartrd girl. She is the one who takes care for Chorong the most and Chorong can say that Naeun has no intension to hurt her. But today, Sojin is telling that Naeun told her to do everything. That is what making her confused.

 

* Soft Music Playing *

 

Chorong opens her eyes when a soft gentle melody enters her ear. She then looks at Eunji who is driving.

 

" Eunji-ya."

 

" Unnie, wake up?? "

 

" Yeah. But where are we going??? This is not our way."

 

" Ahh, that is?? "

 

Eunji said and she points to the backseat.

 

" Me and Bomi have prepared for a picnic. And today, we all are exhausted and confused. So I want you to take to the picnic. I have already told Bomi. She will join us later."

 

Chorong turns around to see a basket which is made well for a picnic. Actually, she doesn't have any interest to go on a picnic at that time but she doesn't want to make Eunji and Bomi to disappoint so she just keeps quiet.

 

And after about fifteen minutes, Eunji stops the car. They both come down from the car and Chorong finds that they are at the base of a hill.

 

" Where are we??? "

 

" This is the place where me and Bomi first met. The scenses around here are so beautiful."

 

Eunji said while she is smiling to Chorong.

 

" Unnie, you go first to the top along this way. I have to take out things and I will follow you."

 

" Arasso."

 

Chorong said and she starts to climbs the hill. She turns around to see Eunji who is now taking out the basket from the car.

 

But Chorong wants to be alone at that time so she decides to go up first. She walks along the path and finds that this place is really beautiful.

 

" Huh?? "

 

She is surprised when she saw that strings are tied along the path and photos are hang on it with cute clips.

 

" What are they??? "

 

She becomes interested in the photos and she walks fast to there. She smiles automatically when she saw the childhood photos of Bomi and Eunji are hanging on it. 

 

" My Bomi is so cute."

 

She whispers and she slowly watches the photos one by one and walks along that narrow path.

 

The two friends grow older and older in the photos. Chorong doesn't know herself but when she notices, she has already near to the top.

 

And the photos become changed.

 

Four friends are in the photos but only Eunji and Bomi are circled with red circle or heart-shaped. Chorong furrows her eyebrows.

 

" Why only two of them are circled?? "

 

She thinks and she continues to watch. And she spots a photo. She clearly remembers that one. She was also in the photo but to her surprise, her part of the photo was torn.

 

" Where am I??? "

 

She whispers and she raises her head. And she saw someone at the tree which is situated alone on the hill in front of her.

 

She comes closer to that someone and she finds that it is only a photo of a girl which is printed in the normal human size.

 

Chorong thinks this someone is familiar to her and she walks more closer. 

 

" Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh "

 

She screams in fear when she saw that someone. That is her!!

 

Her human size photo is placed at the tree and there is a mark of the gunshot at the forehead place.

 

Chorong is so afraid and she doesn't know what to do. She first thinks of Bomi and she takes out her handphone to call her.

 

" WHAT ARE YOU DOING???? "

 

With that voice, she was covered at her nose and mouth level with a cloth and her world becomes dark after that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

xxx xxx xxx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Namjoo-ya?? "

 

" Yes, senior."

 

" Come here for a second."

 

Tiffany said and Namjoo puts down the paper in her hand. Then she follows her senior in their office. And when she comes in, Jessics is also there.

 

" Yes?? "

 

" We have the datas of the medicine that you gave us."

 

Jessica starts and Namjoo remembers that she asked her seniors to find about the drug that Eunji dropped not long ago.

 

" What is it?? "

 

" It is a kind of psycotic drug. It is used for the patients who are depressed. And it is also used for the patients who have easily shift emotions. As you know, the kinds of drug for psyco patients are differ from one another so we can get easily the person who are taking that drug."

 

" You mean this is for mental retardation patient??? "

 

" Right. And we became suspected about it so we connected to the friend in America and asked help to look for the Korean patient that is taking this drug."

 

" And?? "

 

" And luckily, we find one person who is taking this drug. And she is also a Korean."

 

" Really?? What is her name?? Jung Eunji?? "

 

" No. Her name is Jung Hyerim. "

 

Jessica said and Namjoo becomes confused. At that time, the office door opened and Yuri enters the room.

 

" Seobang?? "

 

" What are you doing here at this time, Yuri?? "

 

" We found Tik Tok."

 

She said with a mono tone. The three doctors widen their eyes and she asks.

 

" What happened?? Who?? "

 

Yuri sighs and she seems that she doesn't want to tell it. 

 

" Son Naeun."

 

" What! "

 

" Tik Tok is Son Naeun. She sent money to Sojin's account this morning. And Sojin said that she has been giving orders to her."

 

" This can't be. This is not true."

 

Namjoo said as she doesn't believe that her senior will do this kind of crazy things. She shakes her head and said.

 

" Yuri unnie, Naeun unnie is not the person who will do this kind of things."

 

" But Namjoo-ya, we have to make sure that she is Tik Tok or not. We can't decide with our own feelings."

 

Yuri tries to explain but Namjoo can't accept this. Yuri looks at them and she sighs.

 

" So what do you think about Naeun??? Don't you know anything suspicious about her?? "

 

" No. No, I didn't."

 

Jessica is thinking and she also doesn't believe that Naeun will be that crazy person.

 

" Aish!!! I really hate that!!! "

 

Namjoo said and she is biting her naild in excitement. Yuri looks around the doctor's office and she takes the paper on the table.

 

" What are they?? "

 

" They are nothing. Namjoo asked us to find a drug that Jung Eunji is taking and we are looking for her."

 

" What drug is Jung Eunji taking?? "

 

Yuri asks and Namjoo answers.

 

" This is psycotic drug. If Naeun unnie became Tik Tok because of this psyco person, I will not forgive- "

 

Namjoo said and she pauses.

 

" Wait. The person that is taking this drug is Jung Hyerim. Then why the drug is in Eunji unnie's hand??? "

 

" What did you say?? "

 

Namjoo said and Yuri asks her again.

 

" What?? "

 

" The name you mentioned."

 

" Junv Hyerim? "

 

" Right! I have heard this name before. When I looked for the datas about Jung Eunji, I found that her real name is Jung Eunji."

 

Yuri shouts and she furrows her eyebrows. 

 

" Wait. Then Jung Eunji is Jung Hyerim who is taking psycotic drugs. What does it mean???? "

 

She then looks at the doctors and said.

 

" Quick!! Call to American and ask about her."

 

" Alright."

 

Jessica said and she dials to someoene. And she starts to speaks in English. When she hangs up, she said to them.

 

" They will her data with mail."

 

" How long we need?? "

 

" Fifteen minutes."

 

This fifteen minutes like hell for them. They wait impariently in the room. And about after ten years in their mind, the notification alarm rings and the paper starts to come out from the printer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

xxx xxx xxx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yookyung is sitting on her chair at the table and in front of her is Naeun. They don't speak to each other and just sits still.

 

Yookyung is covering her faceb with her palms. She doesn't dare to face Naeun. She knows this is not Naeun but she can't prove it so she still doesn't know how to save Naeun.

 

" Yookyung-na, don't be so stress."

 

Naeun said as she holds onto Yookyung's hand. Yookyung looks up her and Naeun sees the red crack eyes of Yookyung.

 

" Wae??? "

 

" Naeun-na. I- "

 

Yookyung can't continue her words. She lets go all the tears that she is holding. She never cries that hard. She always show the strong side of her in front of Naeun but today, she let go of all her tears.

 

" Yookyung-na."

 

Naeun stands up from her chair and she walks to Yookyung. Then she slowly hugs Yookyung who immedialtely snuggles to her abdomen.

 

" Don't cry."

 

She whispers and pads her head. Yookyung closes her eyes and tears are still flowing on her face.

 

Naeun keeps consolling her and Yookyung cries for a few minutes before she can get back her control.

 

Yookyung slowly pulls herself away from Naeun and she smiles towards her.

 

" Naeun-na, trust me. I will try my best to save you."

 

At that time, her office door is opened in force and both Yuri and Taeyeon appear at the door.

 

" Yookyung-na."

 

They said and Yookyung stands up.

 

" Yes??? "

 

" Come out first. We need to show you something."

 

They said and Yookyung is about to come. Naeun pulls her and she said.

 

" Can I also come?? "

 

Yookyung is about to say that she can't come as she is one of the suspects but Taeyeon said.

 

" Yes. You can."

 

The four of them come to the meeting room where Namjoo and Hayoung are waiting for them. After they have sat down, Hayoung said.

 

" Yesterday, me and Taeyeon unnie tired to fix the audio file of Tik Tok and finally, we succeed. Let's listen to the original voice."

 

She said and she press on the button.

 

" Park Chorong………… "

 

Yookyung furrows her eyebrows. This is a young lady's voice and she thinks that she is so familiar with this voice.

 

" Time is over now. Within a week, I will come to you. Prepare for your grave. Ha ha ha."

 

" This can't be."

 

Yookyung hears the whisper from Naeun and she looks st her in surprise.

 

" I want to remind you again and again. The clock is still running. But it will stop for you soon. Enjoy life before it is over.

 

 

 

Tik

 

 

 

 

 

Tok

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tik

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tok ………………………………………… "

 

 

The audio file has stopped and Yookyung is looking around everyone with wide eyes.

 

" This. This is- "

 

" Yes. This is Jung Eunji's voice."

 

Hayoung said and Naeun drops on the chair like an exhausted person. Namjoo gives them the copied papers and Yuri explained.

 

" Jung Eunji, she is also known as Jung Hyerim. She lost her parents in a plane crush since she was young and she has a mental disturbance since that time."

 

" What?? Lost her parents?? But she said her parents are living in America."

 

" Yes. She cannot believe that her parents are dead and she is still thinking that they are still alive. They left a lot of money for her so she can stay as she likes. She lives alone in Korea and she transferred to America in her final high school days because of her disease which is getting worse."

 

" What?? "

 

Yookyung can't believe her ears. She can't believe that the friend they used to know is a psyco person who is living in her own fantasy world.

 

" And she has been curing her mental disease at there but the conditions didn't get better. And she comes back to Korea in the middle of her therapy for no reason. That's all."

 

Yuri finishes and they look at each other.

 

" So you mean Tik Tok is Eunji unnie?? "

 

" Yes. She can be. She is the most suspicious person now."

 

Hayoung looks around them and she said.

 

" Let's look for any clue from her."

 

They all agree and they decide to go check on Eunji's hotel room. When they arrive at the hotel, they go straight to the reception.

 

" What can I help you?? "

 

" Police. Can you tell us the room number of Jung Eunji."

 

The girl looks for some time and she shakes her head.

 

" There is no this name in the list of guests."

 

" Then what about Jung Hyerim??? "

 

She looks again and sighs.

 

" I'm afriad but there is no such name either."

 

" What!! "

 

They come out from the hotel in disappointment.

 

" I can't believe that she has been lying to us all the time. She is not staying at hotel. Then where is she living?? "

 

Yookyung said to herself and Naeun whispers.

 

" I know where she can stay."

 

" Where??? "

 

" Her old house."

 

Naeun said and the polices quickly run into their cars to drive to Eunji's old house. When they arrive at the house, they enter into the compound. And Yookyung is about to press the door code.

 

" What it can be??? Her birthday?? "

 

She thinks and she tries it but it fails.

 

" Then may be Chorong unnie's?? "

 

She tries for the second time but it fails also.

 

" Bo-ra?? Then what it can be?? "

 

She thinks and she decides to try one thing.

 

" 13893 "

 

She tries the code and surprise to them, the door opened.

 

" Bomi unnie's birthday."

 

She whispers. The six of them enter the house and they look around but everything is covered with dust. The whole house is silent and the only sound they can hear is the noisy machine of the clock. But they don't know where it comes from.

 

" Can a person stay here?? "

 

Yuri asks to no one while she is looking around. 

 

" Seniors, look at this."

 

Hayoung points to the floor and they can see footprints on it.

 

" Yes. A person must stay here."

 

" Let's look around the house."

 

They decide to spilt and look for any clue in the house.

 

" Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh "

 

" Namjoo-ya!!! "

 

" Namjoo unnie!!! "

 

Suddenly, they hear the shirk from Namjoo and they all run to the source of the voice. And they find Namjoo on th ground while her round eyes are forgetting to blink.

 

" Namjoo-ya, what happened?? "

 

" This- This room- "

 

She points to the room in front of her and Taeyeon goes closer to the door which is half-closed. Hayoung helps Namjoo to stand up and they all look into the room in curious.

 

" Huh?? "

 

" Omo."

 

" Ahh."

 

When the door is fully opened by Taeyeon, they all are surprised.

 

" This is so creepy."

 

Hayoung comments as she enters the room after Yookyung. 

 

The room is decorated with the photos of Bomi. The three walls of the room are covered with Eunji and Bomi's happy together photos.

 

" All are her and Bomi-sshi."

 

All of them are surprised because of the thousands of thousands photos on the wall.

 

" Look at there."

 

Yookyung points to the back and to their horror, the remaining wall which is situated at the leg side kf the bed is covered with destroyed photos. All of them are covered with red ink which looks like blood.

 

Yookyung walks to there and she takes one photo.

 

" It's Chorong unnie."

 

Yes. Every photo of Chorong are destroyed. Badly. And cruelly. Even the person like them feels fear by looking at the photos.

 

But Yookyung feels at that moment that someone is looking at her from her side, so slowly turns towards her side.

 

" Ahhhh."

 

She jumps in surprise when she sees something on the door. Yookyung closes the door so that everyone can see it.

 

" Oh my god."

 

She hears the murmur from Namjoo and she feels that Naeun holds her hand in fear.

 

Chorong's human size photo is hanging on the door and it is crossed with red lines. The eye places are pierced with sharpen thing and knifes and small arrows are struck at the places on her chest.

 

And beside it, there is a sentence.

 

" You will be punished. I will be your Lord Of Death."

 

" What does it mean?? "

 

Taeyeon asks and Yookyung said.

 

" It means that we found the real Tik Tok."

 

She then remembers that Eunji took Chorong from them. 

 

" Chorong unnie is in danger. We need to call Bomi unnie."

 

She said and she takes out her phone. Before she can dial to Bomi's number, she saw a voice mail. She opens it and hears Bomi's voice.

 

" Yookyung-na, I don't know what happened but I think something is happening to unnie and Eunji. Eunji called me and told me to come to the hill that we first meet. You know it, right?? It is beside the street which is near Eunji's old house. Come quickly to us. I am now going to there."

 

Yookyung widens her eyes. She is now blaming on that she made silent to her phone. She looks at the others who are looking at ther.

 

" Eunji unnie called Bomi unnie to come to the hill near here. And Bomi unnie is now going."

 

" When did she called you?? "

 

" About thirty minutes ago."

 

" Are we too late?? "

 

Hayoung said and they all look at her in fear. They have just found Tik Tok but she is more faster than them.

 

 

They don't know what is happening to Chomi now.

 

 

 

And the big pendulum clock on their head which is placed on the wall at the head of the bed side is reminding them that they have been wasting time.

 

 

 

Although people unaware about it, time is runming out. And lives are running out too. We cannot get back the lost one second from the ocean of time.

 

The time is running now and it will keep running all the time.

 

 

 

 

Tik

 

 

 

 

 

Tok

 

 

 

 

 

Tik

 

 

 

 

 

Tok