Flashback 1

Tik Tok

Flashback

 

Fourteen years ago.....

 

Young Bomi is excited that it is her first ever day of school. She has been dreaming about today as she really wants to go to school.

 

She thinks she can find many friends and play as much as she can at school. So she is so active and energitized to go to school.

 

When her mother sends her off at school to the class , she said goodbye to them and walk fast into the classroom and waits excitingly for the teacher to arrive.

 

When the teacher arrives, the students greet her and she starts the class with the introduction. 

 

" Yoon Bomi, please come out to the front."

 

She calls her name and Bomi comes out to the front of the class with the confidence-filled steps. 

 

She smiles at the students and bows to them.

 

" Hello. I'm Yoon Bomi, and ten years old. I am the only daughter of the family so I want to be friends with you. My dream is to become a singer one day. Please take care of me and be friends. "

 

She said and the class clap for her. She smiles widely at them and she does something that no one expects. 

 

She walks back to her seat like a gorilla and everyone in the class including the teacher are laughing really hard because of her. 

 

And her school life starts like this. Bomi is a live person who is friendly and so she can make friends with anyone easily. Everyone in her class loves her and they become her friend in a few days.

 

But there is a girl who doesn't come to the others students and talk. She is always sitting at the corner table alone and she seems she is worried or sad for something.

 

At first, Bomi doesn't aware of her as she is like an invisible person in the class. Bomi first notices her when the teacher announces that everyone has to read out the essay that they have written in front of the class.

 

" Jung Eunji. Please come out and read your essay."

 

The teacher calls and Bomi is surprised. She never knows that there is a girl called Jung Eunji in her class. She doesn't come to school at the first day of school so she has not introduced herself.

 

Bomi turns her head to the back to see who is Jung Eunji and she finds a cute small girl with bangs on her forehead at the corner table who seems she is afraid of coming out to the front.

 

" Eunji-ya?? "

 

The teacher calls her again. But she doesn't move even an inch. And the teacher stands up from her chair to check on Eunji.

 

" Eunji, are you ok?? "

 

The teacher asks and she tries to call that Jung Eunji girl but the later is hanging down her head and she doesn't look at the teacher.

 

Bomi who is a very helpful girl to everyone raises her hand.

 

" Teacher, can I read out my essay instead of Eunji?? I have written two essays already."

 

She said and the teacher sighs while she is nodding her head.

 

" Ok. Let's listen to your essay. Class, Bomi is going to read her essay."

 

She announces and Bomi walks in front of the class and she starts to read.

 

At the lunch break, Bomi looks at the girl at the corner and she is eating alone. She takes her lunchbox and sits in front of Eunji.

 

" Hello?? "

 

But the later said anything. Bomi is not the type of kid who will give up easily so she continues calling Eunji.

 

" Hey~~~ Don't you know I am talking to you??? Hello~~~"

 

She said while she is playing with her spoon by knocking at the margin of the lunchbox. But she still gets no response from the later.

 

" Eunji-ya?? Jung Eunji?? Eunji-ya~~~"

 

She calls non-stop Eunji but she never gets her attention. She looks at Eunji by tilting her head to one side and smiles.

 

" Hmmm, why you don't talk to me?? "

 

Bomi said to her but Eunji pretends that she doesn't hear anything. Bomi smiles.

 

" Ok. I think you are sooooooo interesting."

 

She whispers and walks out from Eunji's table. But she is not giving up. She only gets back a step to come closer to Eunji.

 

 

 

The next day..........

 

The class is at the drawing time and every student is enjoying their moments as they can show or express their own ideas on the white paper.

 

And it also is the favourite class of Bomi as she likes to play with colours. Bomi is now drawing a picture of a couple who are happily holding hands and the other friends of hers ask her.

 

" Bomi-ya, why are you drawing two girls holding hands?? "

 

" You should draw like a boy and a girl holding hands."

 

They ask and Bomi smiles.

 

" No. I don't like to be a princess like you guys want to. I want to be a prince and I will protect my own princess. And I am waiting for the time when I can meet my princess."

 

She said and everyone say aww. They may think that she is weird or crazy but Bomi doesn't care. She really dream of to become a prince for a princess.

 

She is finishing her picture and she looks around the class and looking for the certain girl.

 

" Where is she?? "

 

Bomi said to herself and she spotted that girl at the other side of the room. She walks to her and sits beside her.

 

" Eunji-ya~~~ Let me see. What are you drawing??? "

 

Bomi said and she tries to peek what Eunji is drawing but she only sees a white paper.

 

" Ummm?? You don't draw anything?? "

 

Bomi asks her but Eunji doesn't answer. Bomi smirks as she picks up the eraser of Eunji.

 

" Eunji-ya, if you don't talk to me, I will throw it away."

 

Bomi said as she is playing with the eraser in her hand. But Eunji doesn't reply her and she picks up all her other things. Then she gives a long deep stare to Bomi and she walks away from the playful girl.

 

" She is really interesting."

 

Bomi said to herself as she is looking at the eraser in her hand.

 

 

 

Two more days later...........

 

 

 

 

This is the lunch break time and Bomi is making a plan about how to make friends with Eunji. She is looking creepily at the girl at the corner and she walks towards the girl.

 

" Eunji-ya!! "

 

She shouts and she sits ib front of the later which makes Eunji to jump up a little at he seat.

 

Bomi giggles as she likes to tease Eunji. And she looks at the girl with a smirk.

 

" Wow. You have a nice lunch."

 

 

She said and Eunji stops her eating. She drops the spoon and Bomi quickly stole it.

 

" Can I have a bite?? "

 

She said and she takes the lunchbox from Eunji. Then she takes a bite and squeezes in delight.

 

" That's so good. Wanna have some. Say ahhhh~"

 

She said and she tries to feed her but Eunji just ignores and she puts out her book and read. Bomi raises her eyebrows and she asks again.

 

" Don't you want to eat?? It is so good."

 

She said and she takes another bite. Another bite. And another bite.

 

Everytime she takes a bite, she hands to Eunji to eat with her but the later is pretending that she doesn't see or hear Bomi. 

 

Bomi is not aiming to eat everything but the food is so delicious that she can't stop herself. And when she notices what she has done, there is nothing left in the lunchbox.

 

" Omo. Eunji-ya. What should I do?? I did't mean to eat all your food but there is nothing left for you. Sorry.Hee hee. "

 

Bomi said and she looks at Eunji's reaction. She is expecting that the later will cry hard or go and tell the teacher that she has been bullying her but Eunji seems she doesn't care and she is now so lost in her book.

 

Bomi sighs and she walks back to her seat. And she puts her head on her arms and thinking about another way to make friends with that silent girl.

 

But she is not succeed in the whole week and whatever she did for Eunji are turned into mess.

 

 

 

 

Sunday morning........

 

 

Bomi is walking towards her favourite place which is placed near her house. This is a hill and she likes to come here as there is no one at here.

 

She starts to come here when her father died from cancer last year. And she becomes enjoyed to stay here as she can get her peaceful time without being disturbed.

 

Bomi slowly walks up the hill and she is surprised when she reaches to the peak. There is someone sitting under her tree.

 

Yes, she named this tree as hers because she likes to sit under there. Now, someone is taking her place.

 

" Why is she always disturbing me?? "

 

She hears what the girl is talking. 

 

" She is so talkative. She bullys me a lot. Omma. Appa. I really hate her."

 

Bomi hears what she is talking and she becomes surprised when she moves more closer and saw that girl's face.

 

" Eunji?? "

 

She whispers and she walks towards her. 

 

She never thought that Eunji will cry that hard because of her. Eunji is now crying and she doesn't notice that Bomi is standing beside her.

 

Bomi kneels down beside Eunji and she holds onto her hand, making Eunji to jump up a little.

 

" It's just me."

 

Bomi whispers as gentle as she can as she wants to make Eunji not to afraid because of her.

 

" Huh?? "

 

Eunji is surprised as she doesn't expect Bomi to come here. She looks at her with wide eyes which are filled with fear and she asks.

 

" What... what... how you reach here?? "

 

She is stuttering and Bomi feels sorry for her.

 

" Eunji-ya, don't afraid of me. I am not hurting you."

 

Bomi said almost a whisper and Eunji is sobbing now.

 

" You are always bullying me."

 

" I am not. I just want to make friends with you."

 

Bomi explains to her.

 

" I am sorry if I have make you uncomfortable but I really want to be friends with you."

 

" Why?? Why do you want to be friends with me?? "

 

Eunji asks as she doesn't believe Bomi.

 

" I am not special. I am just a loser and no one wants to be friends with me."

 

" No. I think you are special."

 

Bomi said quickly and Eunji looks at her with wide eyes.

 

" Yes?? "

 

" I think you are special. You are just timid to show yourself. And so I want to be friends with you."

 

Bomi said and Eunji wipes her tears away while she is looking at Bomi.

 

" You really think?? "

 

" Yes. I always want to help you. When the teacher asked you to read out your essay, I volunteered to read as I think you are not ready to come out in front of people."

 

Bomi explains.

 

" And the drawing thing is that I also want to know what you are thinking. I think if we can share our thoughts, we can become friends more easily."

 

Bomi said and Eunji looks at her in disbelief.

 

" Why you are so brave?? I mean you are a popular in the class. Everyone like you."

 

Eunji asks and Bomi rubs her neck in embrassement.

 

" I'm not that famous. I am just an open type girl."

 

Bomi said and she excitingly jumps up a little.

 

" Eunji-ya, I can teach you how to be brave if you want."

 

" Really?? "

 

" Yes. Try like this. Pretend that everyone in front of you are- "

 

Bomi looks around and she finds nothing. So she wraps her hair on her head and she pretends that she is tying her hair in pineapple style.

 

" Pretend that everyone in front of you are pineapple like me. Pineapple~~ Pineapple~~ "

 

Bomi said while she is standing up and walking like a gorilla making Eunji to laugh out loud.

 

" Ha ha ha. Bomi-ya. You are not pineapple. You are a gorilla who has a tree on her head. Ha ha ha ha."

 

" It's awesome, right?? "

 

Bomi said and she continues making Eunji to laugh and they become close a little. Bomi smiles and she sits beside Eunji.

 

" What are you doing here?? I mean, I am here as I miss my appa who has passed away last year. What about you?? "

 

" Hmmm?? I came here whenever I miss my parents. They are living in America and they leave me alone in Seoul. I miss them a lot but they don't let me to follow then as I was very young."

 

Eunji said and Bomi nods.

 

" Then we are on the same boat. We can be friends."

 

" You really want to he drieds with me?? "

 

" Of course. Wae?? You think I'm lying?? "

 

" Yes."

 

" Aww, Eunji-ya. Don't think like this. I really want to be friends with you. We can be very good friends forever."

 

Bomi said while she puts her both hands on Eunji. Eunji smiles and she jumps into Bomi's embrace quickly making the other girl to surprise. 

 

" Bomi-ya!! Can I call you like this?? "

 

" Yep, chingu. We are friends now."

 

" Omo, I'm so excited. I am really happy to have a friend like you."

 

Eunji said and Bomi can feels the smile on her shoulder. She also smiles along with Eunji as she can make this lonely girl to be friendly to her.

 

And from that time on, Eunji and Bomi become friends and we can see them always together.

 

Bomi helps Eunji a lot and the later becomes normal with the other students. She doesn't afraid of people anymore.

 

She can read her essay in front of the class as she is thinking everyone in the class like gorillas with pineapple hair. Jung Eunji becomes a happy and funny girl together with Bomi.

 

And the most wonderful thing is the picture that she always draws in art class.

 

In the picture, two girls are holding hands and they are smiling together. They are standing under a big tree on the hill and three words are written on the top.

 

 

" Best Friends Forever."

 

And this is the first meeting of Yoon Bomi and her bestfriend, Jung Eunji.