Love loser

Tik Tok

" Yookyung-na!!!!!! "

 

Yookyung is sleeping in her office as she didn't sleep last night. But she is disturbed by the certain doctor girl who enters her office like this is her own place.

 

" Yookyung-na!! Wake up!! "

 

" No. I haven't sleep last night. Give me more time to sleep."

 

Yookyung said and she tries to cover her face with the book. But Naeun quickly removes it and she tries to wake Yookyung up.

 

" Wake up, Yookyung. Wake up."

 

" Ahhh, what!!! "

 

Yookyung becomes angry and she gets up from the chair. Naeun is smiling as innocent as ever and she shows her the bags in her hands.

 

" See. I went shopping this morning."

 

" So what?? You buy some for me??? "

 

" No. It's not like this."

 

Naeun said and Yookyung sighs.

 

" Then what?? "

 

" I have a date with Eunji unnie this evening."

 

" So??? "

 

Yookyung asks while she becomes disappointed.

 

" So I want you to choose the most suitable dress for me for today's date."

 

Naeun said and Yookyung sits down back on her chair.

 

" Why don't you go and ask Eunji unnie?? I am not interested in fashion so go away."

 

She said and she is about to close her eyes again but Naeun quickly pulls her collar.

 

" Yah!! Hong Yookyung!! We have been friends for years and this is how you treat your best friend who is asking for your advice??? "

 

" Ahh, Naeun-na. I'm really tired."

 

" No. Choose for me and you can sleep after that."

 

" Aish~~ I'm about to crazy. Show me your clothes!!! "

 

Yookyung said and Naeun smiles in victory. She knows that Yookyung never rejects her. 

 

" Here."

 

She puts the bags on the table and they start to look at the clothes. Yookyung bends her body a little and she asks.

 

" Where will you go?? "

 

" She said she wants to see the movie so we will go to xxxxxxx shopping mall and watch the movie. After that, we will have a nice dinner and spend time together. If it is possible, she will sleep over at my place."

 

Naeun said and she looks at Yookyung but the detective is staring at the clothes with unblink eyes.

 

" Yookyung-na, are you listening to me?? "

 

" Hmmm?? Oh, yes."

 

Yookyung smiles again and she starts to look at the clothes.

 

" You are going to movie so let's choose something fancy."

 

She said and she picks up clothes for Naeun. Naeun tries to wear the every single piece and she goes back to her house after spending about two hours of staying at the office.

 

Yookyung sighs when Naeun goes back to her house. She then picks up the papers and finishes her works as she has to go back to her house this evening.

 

 

After three hours……………………

 

 

* Phone ringing *

 

Yookyung puts down the ballpen when her phone is ringing suddenly.

 

" Bomi unnie? "

 

She becomes worried that she receives a call from Bomi. She quickly answers the phone.

 

" Hello, unnie??? What happened?? "

 

" Nothing happened, Yookyung-na. But I have to ask help from you."

 

" Yes?? "

 

" I have to go to Japan tonight and so unnie will be left at home alone."

 

" So? "

 

" I don't want to ask help from Eunji and Naeun. You know, I feel sorry for Naeun last time. So can you please stay with Chorong unnie tonight??? "

 

Bomi said and Yookyung thinks for a few seconds. She has her family dinner tonight but friends are more important.

 

" Alright. Don't worry, unnie. I will go and stay with her."

 

" Thanks you, Yookyung-na."

 

" It's ok, unnie."

 

" Ok. Ok. I will treat you dinner when I come back."

 

" That's deal, then."

 

" Bye, Yookyung."

 

" Bye. Have a nice trip."

 

Yookyung said and she hangs up the phone. She then checks the clock and it is only six o'clock.

 

 

* Knock Knock Knock *

 

" Come in."

 

" Senior, please come out. We found the guy who is suspected to carry the drugs."

 

" Really??? "

 

Yookyung quickly stands up and she follows Hayoung to ask that guy. And she has to postpone to go to Chorong for a while.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

xxx xxx xxx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" I'm going now."

 

Yookyung said and she said goodbye to her juniors. Then she walks out from the police station.

 

" Ahh. It is raining."

 

Yookyung said and she puts her long coat on her head. Then she runs towards her car and enters into it.

 

" I have to go to Chorong unnie."

 

She whispers and drives off the car. 

 

" I have to give her a call before I go."

 

She thinks and calls to Chorong. After three beeps, she answers the call.

 

" Hello?? "

 

" Huh?? "

 

Yookyung is surprised when she hears the voice.

 

" Eunji unnie??? "

 

" Awww. Yookyung-na. Why you call?? "

 

" Bomi unnie told me to sleep over with Chorong unnie. Why you are at there?? "

 

" Chorong unnie is afraid of thunders so I came here to accompany her."

 

Eunji answers. Yookyung sighs and she asks another question.

 

" Then why you answer her phone??? "

 

" Because she is in the shower. Yah!! Hong Yookyung!! You are asking me questions non-stop like the police asks the suspects??? "

 

" No. No. Unnie. I didn't mean like this."

 

Yookyung quickly said. But she still doesn't like the idea of Eunji staying alone with Chorong unnie without Bomi. She doesn'tl like Eunji to be with Chorong bacause she has a strong feeling that Eunji has some feelings for Chorong. And she thinks this is unfair for Naeun.

 

" So will you come, Yookyung-na??? "

 

" Hmmm?? I don't know."

 

" Don't come if you are on the way now. I will sleep over at here as the rain is so heavy. Staying at home is better than staying alone in the hotel room."

 

Eunji said and Yookyung has nothing to say anymore.

 

" Ok, unnie. Then I will just go back to my house."

 

" Immm. Take car of driving. "

 

" Bye, unnie."

 

Yookyung then hangs up and she sighs.

 

" I don't like this. This is so unfair for Naeun. Wait. Naeun??? "

 

She widens her eyes.

 

" She said that she has a date with Eunji unnie tonight. But Eunji unnie is with Chorong unnie so she seems she will not go to Naeun."

 

She looks outside and whispers to herself.

 

" Bo-ra! The rain is so heavy. May be she is going back home. Only crazy persons will wait in the rain."

 

She said to herself.

 

" Aish!!! Son Naeun is a crazy person when it comes to Eunji unnie. She may wait till now."

 

She checks the clock and it is already ten o'clock. She turns the car and quickly drives to the shopping mall that Naeun has said this afternoon.

 

When she arrives at the shopping mall, there is no one on the street because of the heavy rain. Yookyung takes the umbrella and she comes out from the car.

 

" Son Naeun. Please don't wait. Please don't wait."

 

She whispers and looks for Naeun. And to her relief, there is no sign of Naeun.

 

" Huh?? "

 

But she spots a figure near the stairs and she runs towards there.

 

" Yah!! Son Naeun!! "

 

She was so scared when she saw Naeun sitting and bending her body into a ball near the stairs. Yookyung runs towards there and she puts the umbrella over Naeun.

 

Naeun looks up when she realsied that the rain doesn't fall onto her anymore. And she finds Yookyung.

 

" Yookyung-na, what are you doing here?? "

 

Yookyung becomes sad when she hears Naeun's shaking voice. Her whole body is trembling in cold and she feels really bad for Naeun.

 

" Get up. Let's go."

 

" No. I have to wait Eunji unnie."

 

" Naeun-na, don't be stupid. The rain is so heavy and she will not come."

 

" No. She said she will come!! "

 

Naeun tries to fight back Yookyung but Yookyung pulls her up.

 

" Listen!!! If someone is already late about four hours, she will not come. Arasso??? Stop being stupid and let's go home."

 

" But- "

 

Yookyung is now wet too as she is giving her umbrella to Naeun. Naeun looks at Yookyung and she becomes sad.

 

" Alright."

 

She agrees and Yookyung takes her towards the car. 

 

" Come in. Come in."

 

She opens the door for Naeun and she then enters into the car. She takes the blanket from the back seat she gives it to Naeun.

 

" Wipe it. You will catch a cold."

 

" How did you get here??? "

 

" It is not important."

 

Yookyung said and she then drives to her house as it is more near than Naeun's.

 

" Come on, Naeun. Go take a bath."

 

Yookyung said and she pushes Naeun into the bathroom. Then she puts some clothes for Naeun and makes coffee.

 

After that, she also takes bath and wear warm clothes. When she comes put from her room, Naeun is waiting for her in the living room.

 

" Are you finished?? "

 

" Immm. Have coffee. "

 

" How did you come to me?? "

 

Naeun asks and Yookyung doesn't know how to answer.

 

" Naeun-na, actually, Bomi unnie has to go to Japan this night and Eunji unnie has to- "

 

" I got it. She went to Chorong unnie and stay with her. Right?? "

 

" Yes."

 

Yookyung nods and Naeun smiles bitterly.

 

" Sometimes, I am so envious of Chorong unnie. Everyone is taking care about Chorong unnie. I also want to be taken care like her."

 

" Naeun-na."

 

" When we were young, Bomi unnie took Chorong unnie to our group and from that time on, we have to take care of her. She is treated like a queen. And what about me??? No one sees me who is always behind Chorong unnie."

 

" Naeun-na. Don't think like this. I'm always by your side."

 

" Yookyung. I thank to you. But- "

 

Naeun's voices becomes thin and she starts to cry. Yookyung feels bad for her and she pulls her to her embrace.

 

" Naeun-na. I do care about you. I care for you. Arasso?? "

 

She said and Naeun cries in her shirt. Yookyung can feel the wetness on her chest but this is like fire in her heart.

 

" Naeun-na. Sleep now. Let's sleep and forget about everything."

 

Yookyung whisers and she tightens her arms around Naeun's body.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

xxx xxx xxx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning……………………

 

 

When Naeun wakes up, she is greeted by a nice smell of coffee. She finds that she is placed in the comfy bed of Yookyung. She wonders that where Yookyung is sleeping last night.

 

She first enters the bathroom and then she goes directly into the kitchen. And she finds that Yookyung is making breakfast.

 

" Wow. This seems so nice."

 

" Oh, did you wake up, Naeun-na??. Sit. Sit. I've made breakfast."

 

Naeun sits at the chair that Yookyung pulls for her and she drinks the coffee.

 

" Yookyung-na, where did you sleep last night??? "

 

" Bo-ra!!! You think that I was sleeping together with you??? I slept on the couch. Ahh, my back is hurt now."

 

" Omo. Really?? "

 

Naeun said and she stuck her tongue out.

 

 

* Door bell ringing *

 

" Ahh, who is there in early morning?? Is your fiencee?? "

 

" No. It's Eunji unnie. I told her to pick you up."

 

" Aww."

 

Naeun murmurs and Yookyung quickly goes to there to open the door.

 

" Hello, unnie."

 

" Doesn Naeun wake up??? "

 

" Yes. Come in."

 

She said and Eunji nods at her. When she enters into the house, she goes straightly toards the kitchen where Naeun is sitting.

 

" Unnie, please have a seat."

 

" No. We are going back now. Naeun-na, get up. Let's go now."

 

" Unnie, she is just- "

 

" I said let's go."

 

Eunji ignores Yookyung and she said directly to Naeun. Naeun looks at her with round eyes and she then slowly gets up from her seat.

 

" We are going now."

 

Eunji said and she interlaces her fingers with Naeun. Then she pulls Naeun out from the house, leaving Yookyung there with surprise.

 

" Why she treats me like this??? "

 

Yookyung can't understand what Eunji is thinking but she walks back to the living room.

 

" Ahhh. Naeun's bag."

 

When she finds the bag on the couch, she picks it up and walks out from the house.

 

" Eunji unnie, why you suddenly pull me out from the house?? I even haven't tell her goodbye."

 

" Naeun-na, are you that stupid?? "

 

" Yes??? "

 

" She is interested in you!!! Don't you see it??? "

 

" Unnie! "

 

Yookyung widens her eyes when she hears the conversation between Eunji and Naeun.

 

" Unnie, this can't be!!! We are just friends!! "

 

" Naeun-na, you may un-notice it but I can feel it. She has feelings for you. She is waitng for the good time to possess you."

 

Eunji said and Yookyung becomes angry. She can't control herself and she comes out from the corner.

 

" Yes. Eunji unnie is right."

 

" Yookyung-na."

 

Naeun eyes goes round when she saw Yookyung. Yookyung walks towards her.

 

" I don't want to listen to your talk but I follow you to give your bag. "

 

She said and she gives Naeun her bag.

 

" But I heard what you said and I have something to say too. Yes. I admit. I love Naeun."

 

She said. Eunji smirks and Naeun doesn't know how to react.

 

" But my love is just a plain white love. I don't want anything back from Naeun. I'm satisfied when Naeun is happy. I always listen to her words to make her happy. I became a detective because of Naeun. I engaged with my fiencee because of her. For me, love is a give."

 

She said and she then inhales.

 

" At first, I have decided to keep this only in my mind but today, I have to tell this. But I don't get any regret. Because I know that I only treated Naeun like a friend, not more than this."

 

She said and Eunji laughs.

 

" Yookyung-na, no matter what is happening in your mind, you have to know only one thing."

 

She raises her index finger.

 

" Naeun is mine and only mine. Don't try to steal her from me. I will not forgive you."

 

She said and she then presses to call the elevator. Then they enter the elevator and she closes the door.

 

Yookyung keeps staring at Naeun who is looking at her with confused eyes. And while they are making an eye contact, the door slowly close and the last thing Yookyung saw the smirk on Eunji's face which looks like that she is laughing at Yookyung.

 

" Aish!!! "

 

* Bang *

 

Yookyung becomes so angry and she throws her fist to the wall beside her. Blood oozes out from her knuckles but she doesn't care about it.

 

She puts her forehead on the wall and she is trying to calm down herself.

 

Inhale

 

Exhale

 

Inhale

 

Exhale

 

" Why I have to tell them??? Now how should I face to them??? "

 

She said to herself and she throws the fist to the wall again and again till she finally get back control over her.