Flashback 4

Tik Tok

Three days after Chomi becomes official……………

 

" It is strange that Eunji doesn't answer any of my calls."

 

Bomi said as she is putting back her phone on the table. Naeun sighs and she nods her head in agreement.

 

" Yes. Me and Yookyung also tried to call her many times but she doesn't answer our calls too."

 

They are now sitting in the canteen as it is the lunch break and talking about random things. The most hottest topic for them is Eunji being absent school for four days already. 

 

* Bell Ringing *

 

" Ahhhhh. The lunch break is over."

 

They all stand up from their seats as they have to go to their respective classes.

 

" Give me your bag, unnie."

 

Bomi said and she carries the bag for Chorong, making Naeun and Yookyung to be uncomfortable.

 

" It's ok, Bomi-ya. I can carry by myself."

 

" No. I want to do it for you."

 

Chorong tries to take her bag from Bomi but the younger girl has already carried it on her shoulder.

 

" Unnies, the bag is not that much heavy and you don't have to argue over it."

 

" Yes. We all know that you love Chorong unnie so much so plesse stop trying to prove it again and again."

 

Yookyung and Naeun said and Chorong is blushing again. But Bomi shows her tongues to them and she said.

 

" I don't care what do you guys think about me but for me, Chorong unnie is the most important and I will show my care to her as much as I can."

 

" Yes. Yes. Show yourselves. Let's go Naeun-na."

 

Yookyung said and she takes Naeun's bag from the older girl making Naeun to surprise.

 

" Come on. I am afraid that you will be tired of carrying your bag."

 

Yookyung said while she is signalling Naeun to play along and the later joins her immediately.

 

" That's why I love you, Yookyung-na. Let's go."

 

Then the two leave the canteen, making Bomi to be angry.

 

" Yah!!!! Son Naeun!! Hong Yookyung!!! You are so dead!!! "

 

" Let them be, Bomi-ya. They are just teasing us."

 

" Immm. Come on, unnie. I will send you to your class."

 

She said and she extends her hand to Chorong. And the older girl takes it shyly. She is not still use to with this kind of skinships but she doesn't want to make Bomi sad so she lets her to do as she likes.

 

" Unnie, what should we do after school???? "

 

" How should I do??? I have an exam tomorrow. I need to study tonight."

 

Chorong said and Bomi frowns.

 

" I thought I can spend some time with you."

 

" Bomi-ya, exams are important and I have to pass them."

 

" But you are already smart and you will easily pass your exam."

 

" No means no."

 

Chorong said firmly.

 

" Unnie~~~ Please~~~ "

 

" No."

 

" Then I will stay by your side and watch you studying."

 

" How can I study properly when you are around??? Ok. Let's do like this."

 

Chorong said and she removes her hand from Bomi.

 

" If you disturb my study tonight, I will not let you to touch my body for a week."

 

" Yes??? "

 

Bomi has to think again Chorong's deal.

 

" Now choose. Hold my hand or disturb me??? "

 

Bomi pouts and she stamps a little.

 

" Unnie, you are cheating. None of these is good for me."

 

" But you have to choose."

 

" Unnie, a week is too much. What about a day??? "

 

" No. Choose quickly. The second bell is going to ring."

 

Chorong said and she extends her hand.

 

" Hold my hand or disturb me??? "

 

" Fine. Fine. Hold your hand."

 

Bomi said and she takes Chorong's hand. But she puts a little force to her pull and gives a peck on Chorong's cheek.

 

" And kiss you, too. Hee hee."

 

" Yah~~~~~ "

 

Chorong starts to hit her with her fist and Bomi is still laughing. Then they resume walking back to the class.

 

" Unnie, should I go and check Eunji at her house this evening???? "

 

" Hmmm?? It's a great idea."

 

" Since I can't hang out with you, I will go and check on her. Ahhhhh. Indeed, friends are better than girlfriend who loves books more than me."

 

" Bo-ra??? "

 

Chorong mutters and she doesn't like Bomi's words. So she pushes the younger girl to the bathroom near-by and lock the door while she is pushing Bomi on the door of the toilet.

 

Bomi becomes fear because of suddenly rough Chorong.

 

" Unnie, wae??? "

 

" Are you sure friends are better than girlfriend??? '

 

She said while she moves nore closer to Bomi. Bomi tries to move backwards but she can't as there is already a door behind her. So she contracts herself as much as possible.

 

" Huh??? Yoon Bomi??? "

 

She said and she traps the younger girl with her arms. Bomi becomes nervous and she has to swallow her saliva.

 

" Let's see."

 

Chorong looks around the toilet. Lucky to them, there is no one and she takes this chance to move more closer to Bomi.

 

" Bestfriends can't do this, Bbom-ah."

 

She said and she presses her lips on Bomi, making the younger girl to widen her eyes in surprise. Chorong is actually kissing her and it is not a dream.

 

She response the kisses and Chorong finally separates about two or three centimeters from her after about two minutes, leaving her breatheless.

 

" See. No bestfriend can do like this. This is only the girlfriend's job."

 

She whispers and Bomi can sense vibration on her lips that are caused by the sound waves produced from Chorong.

 

" Now what is your answer??? Bestfriend and girlfriend, who is better??? "

 

Chorong asks again and Bomi suddenly captures her lips. Chorong smiles and she vloses her eyes while she is concentrating on their kiss.

 

After about a minute or two, they finally break up and Bomi smiles.

 

" I choose you, unnie."

 

" Good girl."

 

She said and she smiles to Bomi. Then she checks herself in thr mirror and makes hereelf neat and tidy again.

 

" Then let's go."

 

" Imm."

 

They both walk to Chorong's class and Bomi gives her bag.

 

" Here your bag, unnie."

 

" Thanks you."

 

" So I will go to Eunji's house this evening."

 

" Ok. I will call you tonight."

 

" Bye, unnie."

 

" Bye."

 

" I'm going."

 

" Ok."

 

Bomi said as she is moving backwards while waving. Chorong is standing in front of her class and she is waving back at the younger girl.

 

" Chorong unnie!!! "

 

When Chorong is about to enter her class, Bomi calls her as she is running towards her.

 

" Yes??? "

 

" I forgot to tell you one thing very important."

 

She said. The classmates are looking at them but Chomi doesn't aware of them. Bomi shows her toothy smile and she said.

 

" I love you. "

 

" Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww "

 

Everyone say and Chorong is blushing. But Bomi is walking away from her after she gives a quick peck on Chorong's cheek. 

 

 

Chorong is smiling like a moron and she enters the class. She sits down on her chair and thinks about Bomi while touching her cheek on which Bomi pressed her lips.

 

 

While she is daydreaming, Bomi comes back to her class. At that time, Naeun and Yookyung are waiting for her in the class. Yookyung asks.

 

" What is that smile on your face??? This looks so crazy."

 

Bomi rolls her eyes and she said.

 

" Yah!! I will go to Eunji's house this evening. Will you come with me??? "

 

" Of course. We will."

 

Naeun quickly agrees and they have to stop now as the teacher is coming. After the school, the three girls go straight to Eunji's house to check her.

 

" Huh?? What are they doing??? "

 

They are surprised when the maids from Eunji's house are coming out with their belongings in their hands.

 

" Let's go."

 

Bomi said and she starts to run to there. When she reaches in front of the door, she saw Mr. Lee who has been looking after this house and Eunji for years.

 

" Mr.Lee, what happened?? "

 

" Awww, Miss Yoon. "

 

" Where is Eunji??? "

 

She asks and the man gives her an envelope from his pocket.

 

" Miss is not here anymore. And she asks me to give you this letter when you come. I'm waiting for you to come. I am also leaving the house."

 

" But- "

 

" Please just read the letter. And you will understand."

 

He said and he bows to them. And he also leaves there after he locked the main door.

 

Bomi is confused and she decides to read the letter first. She tears the envelope and pulls out the letter.

 

" Hello, friends………………

    While you are reading this letter, I will not be in Korea. I have to go to my parents and stay with them from now on. They want me to stay with them.

 

Although I will be more happy here with you guys, I can't reject them. So I have to go to America without saying goodbye to you. If I see any one of your face, it is so sure that I will not be able to go to there. Forgive me.

 

Naeun-na, my cute lovely angel like friend, please take care of yourself. I don't want to see your tears so please don't cry. But I know you are crying now. Wipe them for me."

 

Naeun is sobbing faintly and she wipes her tears on her face. 

 

" Why she understands me so well??? "

 

Naeun whispers and she continues to read the letter.

 

" And Naeun-na, please wait for me. I will come back to you one day. Yes. I will come back to Korea."

 

Naeun is silently crying and Yookyung pulls her towards her so that she can lean onto her. 

 

" Yookyung-na, it is your duty to protect Bomi and Naeun from now on. I believe you that you will look after them very well. Please take care of Naeun for me."

 

" And Bomi-ya, my dearest friend, my bestfriend, the one I love most. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about my leave. And I'm sorry for not staying by your side anymore. But don't be sad now. I will come back to you one day and make everything to correct perfectly.

 

I will set everything back to normal again when I come back to Korea next time. And I hope you will have a happy life with Chorong unnie. Bye bye, friends.

 

I will difinitely come back to you one day. "

 

The letter is ended and Bomi finds that tears are already formed at her eyes.

 

" Eunji-ya, why you leave like this??? "

 

She whispers and starts to sob. Naeun also comes to her and she hugs her tight.

 

" Unnie, Eunji is left. She left us."

 

" Naeun-na, don't cry anymore."

 

Bomi and Naeun are crying hard and Yookyung sighs. She joins the two girls by wrapping both of her arms over them.

 

" Don't be so sad. This is not the end. Eunji unnie said that she will come back and I know she will one day."

 

" But when??? A month?? A year?? Or ten years?? "

 

Naeun asks and she cries more. Yookyung unstands how the older girl is feeling so she can't blame on her. She lightly pads on her back and comfort her.

 

" Naeun-na, we can't do anything. Let's wait for her. She will come back to us one day like she said."

 

Yookyung said and Bomi and Naeun cry on her shoulder really hard. The three girls are standing in front of Eunji's house and they are crying for a long time as they know that they have to lose their best friend for now.

 

From that time on, the three of them keep waiting for Eunji to come back but the leaving girl sends no message to them.

 

They finally graduated from the high school, from universities and becomes adults but there is no news from Eunji.

 

 

And it has been seven years already before they notice. But in their mind, Eunji is always with them and they are still waiting for the day that she will come back to them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

End of Flashback