-1-

Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-1-

"Hyerin... Yahh Hyerin... can you hear me" A very familiar voice called my name.  "Song Hyerin. Are you alright?"  

He seemed panicked.

Hyerin opened her slowly and looked up at Jang Dongwoo who had a very worried expression on his face. The Dongwoo who was hovering over here did not look like he was twenty-nine.  He looked like his nineteen years old again.  His hair was pink and he had his signature wing earring in that he always wore in their college years

"Dongwoo is that really you?" Hyerin said in a week voice.  She looked up at her best friend who she loved.  He was always there for her and she threw that all away.  Hyerin could not believe that she hurt this sweet and caring guy. 

Dongwoo was still there for her when she needed him, but he would come less often.  She hurt him and she should be punished for hurting him.  Hyerin did not deserve his kindness.

"Of course it is me silly." Dongwoo laughed loudly with his signature, addicting laugh. "Who else would it be?"

I have missed your laugh.

I missed your smile.

I have missed everything about you, Jang Dongwoo.

"The paramedics. Didn't I just get hit by a car?" Hyerin asked as she tried to get up, but she fell back down on the ground.

Dongwoo raised an eyebrow and looked at Hyerin with a concern look on his face. "You are not ok." Dongwoo said as he suddenly lifted Hyerin up in his arms. "You fell while hanging a sign up. I told you to wait for me and let me do it."

"Dongwoo, how old I am?"  Hyerin asked.  She was so confused and did not understand what was going on.

"You're nineteen." Dongwoo said as he made his way towards the infirmary on their college campus.   "You must have hit you head hard to be speaking nonsense."

"I was hit by a car..." Hyerin said. "I did not fall off a ladder."

"You weren't Hyerin and you did.  You saw the proof right in front of you." Dongwoo said in a worried tone. He arrived at the infirmary and sat her down on the bed. He pulled up a chair and sat across from her.

"I must be dreaming." Hyerin said as she closed her eyes and reopened them. She continued to do that and nine-teen year old Dongwoo was still staring at her.

"Hyerin you were not hit by a car.   You fell and hit your head." Dongwoo said trying to tell her that it was ture, but she kept denying it.  Dongwoo took her face in his hands.  "You're eyes are dilated. You may have a concussion, but we cannot be sure of that until the doctor can check you."

Wait...

"Dongwoo, do you have a mirror or something?" Hyerin asked and Dongwoo raised an eyebrow.  Dongwoo always looked clueless when he raised his eyebrow like that.   

"Why would I have a mirror?" Dongwoo asked.

"Because you always have everything in that bag of yours, Dongwoo. Your bag could be its own convenient store. There is never an end to it. That bag of yours is magical. " Hyerin said with a smile on her lips.

Dongwoo laughed loudly, "You're right." Dongwoo took his bag off of his back and started to search through it.  A few minutes past and a smile appeared on Dongwoo's lips.  "Ahh here it is."  Dongwoo handed Hyerin a mirror.

Hyerin suddenly looked at herself and she felt like the room was spinning.

How could this be?

"Hyerin are you ok? You look a bit green?" Dongwoo asked. "Yahh Hyerin."

~~

Why couldn't she just wait for me?

I told her I was going to be there any moment.

Dongwoo sat in the chair by the bed Hyerin was in.   She was sleeping, and the doctor told him that she only had a minor concussion. It was nothing serious.  

Dongwoo remember back to what happened this afternoon.  He was walking with his friend Jaeseop.  They were talking about their psychology class. "Hey Dongwoo isn't that Hyerin, trying to hand that poster?"

Dongwoo looked over and noticed at the opposite end of the quad was Hyerin trying to hang up a poster about the journalism club.  Dongwoo knew Hyerin was an amazing writer, and was happy that she joined the journalism club. It suited her well and was going to make her into a successful writer one day.

Dongwoo turned to Jaeseop, "When do you want to meet for our project?" Dongwoo asked. He just remembered that he was supposed to be helping Hyerin hang stuff up.

Jaeseop was about to answer his friend when he heard a scream.

Both boys looked ove

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter