-17-

Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-17-

"Hyung..." Myungsoo said as he entered the infirmary to see his brother asleep.  He sighed deeply as he walked towards Sunggyu's sleeping figure.  Myungsoo sighed deeply and was happy that he distracted those men his father sent to fetch his brother.  He knew that they would have probably woken his brother roughly.  Myungsoo could not have that.  He knew how his brother was if he was woken incorrectly. 

Myungsoo walked over to the bed and sat down on the chair that was next to his brothers bed.  He still could not believe how his father just appeared like that at the soccer game.  His father normally does not make his appearance at school events unless it was absolutely necessary. Myungsoo sighed and placed a hand on his brothers shoulder and shook him gently. "Hyung...hyung. It is time to wake up."

"..." Sunggyu turned over to his side.  He did not want to be disturbed at the moment.  All he wanted to was sleep, sleep was something that he did not get anymore.  Sunggyu was under too much stress and it affected his sleep often.  Trying to stay up to his father's standards was exhausting, but he needed to remain like this to protect Myungsoo.  Sunggyu knew that Hyerin was going to be added to that list soon.  He knew that he should not get to close to that girl, but he was intrigued by her. 

"Hyung..." Myungsoo shook him harder, hoping that will wake his brother from his slumber.  "GYU HYUNG..." Myungsoo shouted.  He understood why Sunggyu was being like this, but Myungsoo was given strict orders.  Myungsoo knew that his brother needed sleep and was hurt in some way, but he had no choice.  He had to wake him.

Sunggyu slowly opened his eyes and reached over for his glasses, but Myungsoo handed the glasses over to the older man before Sunggyu could get to them.    

"God, hyung, you look like you have been hit by a truck. Are you alright.  Father said you were unwell." Myungsoo asked. "He seemed worried about you."  Myungsoo leaned closer to Sunggyu, checking for himself if he was alright.

"Father said that? That is shocking." Sunggyu sat up slowly, but a shock of pain filled his body.  He grabbed his side and took a deep breath.  Sunggyu did not want Myungsoo to know that he was in pain.  When he regained his composer he looked at his brother, "When he came in here before he did nothing but yell at me."

"I know..." Myungsoo looked down at his feet. "It is probably because I did not show up at our family dinner last night. I am sorry if I put you into trouble.  I know that you are probably in this infirmary because of me. Father probably hit you again for not following his plan. "

"It was a dinner that you should be happy that you were not at."  Sunggyu sighed as he reached over to Myungsoo's head and ruffled his hair.  He hated seeing Myungsoo beat himself up about something that was out of his control.  , "It was something that I did not see coming, and no father did not hit me this time.  You have nothing to blame yourself for Myungsoo ah."  Sunggyu said as he removed his hand from Myungsoo's head.

"Then what happened?" Myungsoo asked, "Or do you not want to tell me?"

"I was just feeling sick that's all Myung ah. You know how much stress I am under lately, and last night only added to that stress."

"Was it a marriage interview that is adding to your stress, hyung? We all know how much you hate them." Myungsoo asked.

"It was not that Myungsoo. If it was a marriage interview. I would have seen that coming from miles away.  I know father has someone boring set up for me. I just do not want to marry someone I do not love.  I do not want to end up having a relationship like our mother had with father." Sunggyu sighed.

"If it is not that hyung, than what is it?" Myungsoo asked.  He was wondered what he missed last night to have Sunggyu end up in this state.

"Father is getting married." Sunggyu sighed.

"Married to who?" Myungsoo asked as he looked at his older brother. Was this why he was arriving late, three nights a week?"

"Do you know a girl name Jiae?" Sunggyu asked.

"I do.  She is um...how do I say this. She seems shy, but I think tehre is more to here than that. Wait, father is marrying her mother?"

"He is..." Sunggyu crossed his arms. "And he wants me to come home tonight because they are going to be over."

"Great..." Myungsoo sighed.

"Just stay positive Myungsoo. If father sees you acting poorly, I do not think I will be able to convince him not to send you abroad."

"Ok, I will be my positive self." Myungsoo sighed, "Oh, hyung. Hyerin noona is a nice girl.  I met her when I was watching that game.  It seems like father gave her a dirty look do you know why?"

"Because he thinks I have romantic feelings for him.  There is nothing you need to concern yourself about." Sunggyu said in a stern tone.

"Do you have romantic feeling for her, hyung?"

"I don't know." Sunggyu sighed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter