-10-

Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-10-

"Boo..." Sungyeol said as he suddenly appeared in front of Hyerin. She took a step backwards and was about to trip, when Sungyeol quickly grabbed onto her wrist and pulled her towards him.  He held her close to his body and sighed deeply.   Sungyeol could tell that she was tense about something.   He pulled away from her and placed two hands on her shoulders and bent down to her level.  "Sorry I scared you."

"..." Hyerin just started into his eyes not saying a word.   She was to lost in her thoughts.  She could not help, but think about Sunggyu.  Hyerin hoped that she did not offend him in any way.  She bit her lip and sighed deeply.

"Did something happen?" Sungyeol asked as he looked at the girl. She was acting very strange.  He did not like seeing her act this way.   Sungyeol was trying not to get to attached to this girl.  He wanted to gain his angel wings and be able to become a true guardian angel and not one in training.

"I hope I did not offend him." Hyerin looked at Sungyeol.

"Offend who?" Sungyeol asked, but he already knew the answer of her question.  She knew that it was Sunggyu, but did not know what she did.  Sungyeol was reading through his book and knew that Hyerin was close to Sunggyu when she was nineteen.  She was the only person he was nice to, but something happened to turn him into a bastard.

"Stop pretending that you do not know." Hyerin said as she looked into Sungyeol's eyes, "You are always watching aren't you."

"I honestly do not know what you are talking about. I was in heaven reporting to my boss." Sungyeol raised an eyebrow.  "If you would like to talk about it I am all ears." Sungyeol smiled at her.

"Can we..." Hyerin looked down at the ground and Sungyeol sighed, leading her to a bench that was under a tree. 

"What's wrong?"  Sungyeol asked as he placed a hand on Hyerin's chin and made her look at him.  She looked upset about something.  He wish he was able to prevent someone from hurting her feelings, but he was too busy trying to get answers. 

"I think I offended Sunggyu in some way? We were working on an assignment and I may have said something that he may have taken the wrong way.  After that he ran out of the library leaving me.  I know that I should be used to that behavior from him, but I thought it would be different this time around." Hyerin looked at Sungyeol.

"Why do you feel that way? Do you still have some feelings that are lingering for him from before you got this second chance?" Sungyeol asked.

"No..." Hyerin said as she looked up at the sky.

"Don't lie to yourself Hyerin.  If you still like him you should follow your heart.  You're heart always knows what it wants." Sungyeol said.

"HYERINNNNN!"

Hyerin sighed when she heard Dongwoo's loud voice.  She wondered what he wanted. Hyerin looked at where Sungyeol once sat and noticed that he was gone. "YAHHH!"

You need to work things out with him.  I cannot be around for something like that.

Hyerin sighed and stood up from the bench. She was about to walk in the opposite direction as Dongwoo, but she felt someone hug her from behind. "Please don't run away Hyerin. We need to talk a few things out."

---

Sunggyu sighed deeply.  It was time for another family dinner with his father.  He hopped Myungsoo showed up this time.  Sunggyu headed up to his room at his father's house to change his clothes.  He was not allowed to wear anything casual.

Sunggyu had a few hours to get ready.  He pulled out his phone and decided to call Myungsoo. "Myung ah are you coming home?"

I will try to get home, but I have after school tutoring today.  I guess father forgot about it."

"I am sure he will not mind if you show up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter