-9-

Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-9-

"Sungyeol, what are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to keep a close eye on that girl?"  God asked the young angel as he walked into the room.  God was really concerned with the expression on Sungyeol's face.  It was very grim.  Sungyeol was normally always smiling.  He did not understand why he was here when he clearly had a job to do.  Sungyeol was not going to earn his wings like this. 

"I hope you can forgive me for leaving my post sir.  I did come here for a reason.  There is always a reason why I come visit you, Sangjangnim." Sungyeol said in a serious tone.  There were rare occasions when he was serious and this was one of them. "Hyerin said something that concerns me, and I wanted to ask you about it. I am sure she will be fine without me watching her every move." Sungyeol sighed and walked over to the older man's desk, and sat down in the chair across from God.  He placed his feet up on the desk and rested his hands behind his head. 

God sighed and pushed Sungyeol's long legs off his desk.  He knew Sungyeol just did that to mess with him.  God sighed deeply as he looked into the young angels concerned eyes. "What did she say to you Sungyeol?"

"Hyerin told me if she followed her heart, she would not be alive right now? Sangjangnim, what does that mean. Did something happen to Hyerin that you did not give me in her profile?" Sungyeol asked. He wanted to know so he can help Hyerin through her hard time. He wants to help her regain her confidence.

"She almost died the first time around because she got too involved with one of those boys."  God said in a serious tone.  "She is scared that she will get hurt once again. I don't blame her, but things don't always turn out the same the second time around."

"Which one is it?" Sungyeol said as he pulled out his book and started to look through it.  There was nothing about her almost dying because of one of the four men she had falling for.  There had to be something on it. Who was it? Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Woohyun, or Hoya.

"I cannot tell you who that person is, Sungyeol ah."  God said as he looked at the wingless angel.  He knew that they had to let things happen naturally. That he was not allowed to mess with destiny. If she feel for the same person then that is her choice.  Who knows, things may end up differently this time.

"Why the hell not!" Sungyeol raised his voice.  He did not mean to say hell, but it just slipped out.  Sungyeol was angry that there was so much corruption in heaven. He did not understand why he was being this way.  Sungyeol thought he wanted to help Hyerin not give up on love. There should not be corruption in heaven.  His fist clenched as he stood up.

"Sungyeol, calm down.  Please sit down so we can discuss this in a calm matter.  THere is something that you do not understand." God order, but he knew it was too late.  There was no way he could reason with the kid.

"I rather not..." Sungyeol turned around and sighed, "I should not have come here if I knew I was going to get such an answer. It seems like you do not want to help Hyerin.  It seems like you want her to make the same mistake she made in the past."  Sungyeol sighed again and disappeared in a gust of feathers.

"He is getting attached to the girl. I was worried about that happening.  Should we pull Sungyeol off of his guardian duties?" Tablo said as he walked into the room and sighed.

"That will not be necessary.  He is trying to gain his wings. If you take that away from him; he will never find his happiness." God said, "He is still young and does not understand how we do things, and we aren't too sure how things will end up if she falls for him again.."

"I am not sure if he will ever understand.  At this rate I fear that he will never gain his wings if he keeps acting rashly." Tablo sighed.

---

"Strong in what way?" Sunggyu sat back down.  He did not want to open himself up to this girl. There was no way that was going to happen.  Sunggyu knew what happened to people he got close to; they somehow disappeared, and Sunggyu knew his father was behind it.  "What rumors?"

Sunggyu was curious about the rumors that were being spread about him this time. Was it something new or the same old rumor that he has always hears or was it something new.  There were always false rumors about him, but it did not bother him at all because Sunggyu knew who he was.

"Curious?" Hyerin asked as she looked into  Sunggyu's eyes. She always wondered why he hid behind those glasses. He has such a handsome face and pretty eyes.  They were small, but that is what made them mysterious.  

"Not at all. I already know the answer  to the rumors about me." Sunggyu said in a cocky tone. "Do you really think care about what people think about me?"

"If you don't care, why is your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter