-27-

Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-27- 

Woohyun looked at Hyerin with a worried expression on his face.  He never knew that the poor girl went through so much trauma at a young age. What he did not understand was, why Dongwoo's parents too Hyerin in?  Woohyun turned off the water and picked up a towel drying her arm.   He grabbed her uninjured wrist and pulled her to where they kept the medical supplies. 

Woohyun reached for ointment and gently grabbed her injured wrist. "I'm sorry if I said anything that offended you. I did not know  that you been something traumatic.  So is Dongwoo your step-brother or something?" Woohyun asked.  He was curious about their relationship.  Were they dating?  From what Woohyun has observed, the two seem quite close.  Did Dongwoo's parents adopt Hyerin or did they just take care of her.

"Dongwoo is not my step-brother nor are his parents my step-parents.  They took me in because they were best friends with my parents since college." Hyerin sighed.  "Dongwoo has been my best friend  since birth and he has always taken care of me.  I do not deserve his kindness.   He has sacrificed so much for me." Hyerin sighed.   She has told herself this before, and will always tell herself this.  Hyerin does like Dongwoo, but she does not want to pursue her feelings for him.  Hyerin already knows that she is going to hurt him.  She could feel it in her gut, but Hyerin promised Sungyeol she would try.

"Everyone deserves kindness." Woohyun said, "Especially you Hyerin ah." He did not like seeing Hyerin not smiling. She had one of the most beautiful smiles in the world, and her smiled was one of the many things Woohyun liked about Hyerin.  There were many great qualities to this girl. It upset him to see her like this.

Hyerin looked at Woohyun and knew that Woohyun should show kindness to others as well,  Not this her.  She was going to say something about it, but decided against it.  Hyerin did not want to make things awkward.   Hyerin sighed and looked down at her wrist and watched Woohyun wrap it in bandages.

"There all many people in this world who deserve more kindness than I deserve."  Hyerin said as she looked away from Woohyun.  She was having a hard time not saying what was really on her mind, but she held herself back.  Hyerin did not want to say something that was going offend Woohyun.

Woohyun sighed and removed his hand from her wrist.  He finished taking care of her injury and placed two hands on her cheeks, making Hyerin look at him.  "Hey Beautiful, you need to stop talking down on yourself.  You are worrying me.  I know I am not the nicest person, but it is because I have my own personal issues that I am dealing with.  I will tell you one day when I am ready, but you of all people deserve kindness.  President Kim should not be treating you like that.  You really should stay away from Sunggyu, like he is trying to do. Nothing good will come out of being friends with that man." Woohyun sighed.

"Am I the only person you are nice to?' Hyerin asked as she looked into Woohyun's eyes and placed to hands on his wrist and pulled them off of her cheeks.  She continued to look into his eyes and was the sincerity in them. She could tell Woohyun really wanted to protect her from Sunggyu's father, "President Kim is my problem. Please do..."

"Don't tell me not to get involved because I will get involved to protect you from that man.  He is abusing his power and it should be reported."  Woohyun said coldly.  He hated Sunggyu's father, and the main reason why he bullied Sunggyu was because who his father was.  He caused so much pain for his family.  His father was the one who took the two people who are precious to him, and he was never going to get them back.  He was never going to see their smiling faces again.  They were nothing but a memory.

"Woohyun...I..." Hyerin spoke, but she could not get her words out correctly after Woohyun kissed her forehead.

"You're problem is my problem."

---

Dongwoo was crawling on the ground, chasing the kids pretending to be a vicious dinosaur, "ROARRRRRR"  Dongwoo continued to chase the kids around as they screamed, "ROARRRRRR" Dongwoo smiled.  He hasn't had this much fun in a very long time.  The last time he felt this way was when he was a kid.

"Runnn or the crazy Dinosaur will catch us." One kid yelled while another kid hopped on Dongwoo's back, tackling the older man to the ground.  "I got him." Dongwoo fell onto his stomach and the kids  piled on top of him. 

"Alright you win..." Dongwoo said admitting defeat.  He was going to let the kids win anyway.  Dongwoo tried to get up, but multiple kids pushed him back down.  He sighed deeply and just let the kids have their way with him.

"Hyung, we need to give you a punishment first." The kid grinned as he called over a few girls to fix Dongwoo's hair.

Dongwoo sighed deeply when he felt the little girls pull on his hair.  He wondered what they were doing to it.    He looked up and noticed a girl walk over to them.  "I think you guys had enough fun with Dongwoo sii?"

"Ailee noona, we are not done yet?" The young boy talked back, but soon back away when the girl gave him that look. "Ok...Ok...we were just playing.  No like hyung is complaining about it." The kid said as he crossed his arms.

"I know you mean no harm, but you cannot gang up on Dongwoo." Ailee sighed as she looked at the young man, "Now run along and play with your friends."  She watched the boy hurry off before turning her attention back to Dongwoo and giggled at the sight of his hair.  

"Does it look that bad?" Dongwoo asked with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter