-16-

Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-16-

"Kim Sunggyu, when will you learn not to cause trouble for me.  This would not have happened if you came home last night." 

"Come home to that jail, no way." Sunggyu crossed his arms, "It has become more of a jail now."

"Kim Sung..." The president paused and looked over at Dongwoo and sighed. "Jang Dongwoo, can you please leave, so I can talk to my son. I appreciate that you took care of him because he does not know how to take care of himself.

Dongwoo sighed bowed his head before leaving, "Anytime sir." Dongwoo left the room, only to worry more about Sunggyu. 

Sunggyu's father watched the door to the infirmary close. He walked over to the door and locked it.  Sunghoon crossed his arms and looked at his son.  "How dare you speak to me like this, and in front of another student. Our family matters should not be made public. Do I make myself clear."

"I do, but it does not mean I need to agree with them." Sunggyu crossed his arms.

"You do Kim Sunggyu..." Sunghoon said with his arms crossed, "If you do not you know what will happen."

"Fine, I will do whatever you say, father."  Sunggyu said in a voice with no emotion.  He knew he could not fight against his father.  Sunggyu knew the man would destroy everything he cares about if he goes against anything he says.

"Come home for the rest of the weekend and get to know your step-sister and step-mother.  They want to spend time with you and Myungsoo." Sunghoon sighed.

"Yes, father..." Sunggyu looked down and gripped onto the sheets.  He hated being forced into things, but he needed to do this to protect others.

"One more thing..." Sunggyu's father pulled out something out of his suit jacket.  He tossed pictures on the bed.  One picture was Hyerin wearing his sweatshirt, another one was them talking, and the third was from this morning.  "Who is this girl?"

"She is no one..." Sunggyu said as he picked up one of the pictures.  He could not believe his fahter was having someone follow him.

"She does not seem like no one Sunggyu.  You are not the type of person that will offer your jacket to someone."  His father looked at his son, "You know if you want to date anyone they need to be approved by me. You're friends also need to be approved by me Sunggyu.  I do not want you to hang out with anyone that can hurt our families image.  They need to be someone who will not get you off track, and this..."

"She is just my group partner for a project I am working on for one of my classes.  She was upset about something and did not have a proper jacket on.   I did not want her to get sick.  If she got sick it could mess up my project."

"I see..." Sunghoon crossed his arm, "Are you sure there is nothing going on between you two? You know she is here on scholarship."

"I know she is here on scholarship." Sunggyu crossed his arms.

"But do you know why?"

"No and it is not any of my business to know why.  I do not care about the personal life of students here." Sunggyu crossed his arm.  He could not believe his father was being like this.  It was none of his business why she was given a scholarship.  Sunggyu did not understand why he was caring some much about this girl.  She has been nothing but trouble, but he still gets the feeling that he needs to protect her.

"If you do not want to know I will not tell you." Sunggyu's father said, "I will send someone to get you once you rest up enough. They should be here in about two hours.  That should be a good amount of time to gain your energy back."

"Yes father..." Sunggyu said as he watched his father leave the room.   Sunggyu sighed deeply as he laid back.  He placed a hand on his forehead and sighed deeply.  Sunggyu knew he had to be more careful around Hyerin.  He did not want his father to get his claws into her.  Sunggyu picked up one of the pictures again and looked at it.

I should not be so worried.

I do not understand.

Sunggyu closed his eyes and drifted off into a deep sleep.

---

Hyerin sighed as she sat on one of the bleachers watching the soccer team practice.  She was happy that Hoya was barking out orders and not moving around too much.  She was relieved.  Hyerin did not want Hoya to hurt himself.  She heard footsteps coming towards her.  It could be one of two people, Dongwoo or Woohyun.

"Hey Hyerin..." She heard a velvet like voice call her name.   Hyerin turned her head and looked at the man who was calling her name. She should have known it was going to be Woohyun.  Hyerin turned away from him and ignored him.

"Please don't ignore me.  I did not mean to cancel our date.  A family issue came up that I had to take care of." Woohyun said as he looked at Hyerin.

"Why do I think that is a lie?" Hyerin asked. "And why do you think it is about your date.  It has nothing to do with that?"

"Are you sure it  has nothing to do with that.  By the way you are acting it seems like it has to do with our date.  If you want me to be truthful I will.  I lied to you about why I canceled out date. I am sorry about lying to you, but..." Woohyun bit his lip, "If I told you the truth I thought you would hate me even more."

Hyerin stood up and sighed.  She knew that she should hear what Woohyun had to say, but she did not want to listen to anymore lies. Hyerin was about to leave, but he grabbed her wrist.  She looked down at him and looked at him. 

"Please just hear me out..." Woohyun said as he stood up.  He pulled the girl closer to him and tur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter