-13-

Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-13-

 Hoya looked over at his clock and noticed it was eight in the morning. He looked over at his roommates bed and was happy that Dongwoo was still sleeping. He did not want to be told that he should not play in today's soccer match. Hoya quickly changed his clothes and hurried out of the room.

He walked down the hallway trying to ignore the pain in his ankle. He just needed to work through his pain. Hoya came to a sudden stop when he saw Nam Woohyun walking down the hall. Hoya knew that Woohyun was not one to get up early. The man who was only a month older than him hated waking up early. 

Hoya sighed and decided to go back to his own business. He needed to stop caring about what Woohyun did, unless it involves Hyerin in anyway. Hoya had the urge to protect the girl.  He did not understand why he felt like this; he did not even know the girl that well. Hoya placed two hands in his jacket pocket and headed towards the café on campus. He needed some caffeine and something delicious to eat.

Hoya sat down at the far table by the window.  He yawned and drank his coffee.  He was one of the only students awake.  Not many woke up this early.   Hoya jumped when he heard the door open.  He wanted as Sunggyu walked over to a table on the other side of the room and sit down.  It seemed like he was waiting for someone.  The man also did not look good.  He  seemed to be find yesterday. 

Hoya took a bit of his omelet and continued the observe the man in glasses. Something was off with him.  Hoya could feel it in his gut. He sighed deeply and drank some of his coffee.  He needed the energy for today's game.  Hoya knew his mind should be on the game, but he looked over at Sunggyu again.  He wondered why the man was gripping his side.

"Captain..."

Hoya looked over at his teammate and smiled weakly. "Hi Soryong hyung."

"How is your ankle?" Soryong asked as he sat down across from the younger male, moments later his twin Daeryong walked over.

"I'm fine..." Hoya said as he took another bit from his omelet.  He did not want to talk about his injury.  He did not want to tell him that it still hurt. If the twins knew he was still hurting they would try to talk him out of playing.

"Are you sure?" Soryong asked.

"I'm sure and eat something. You need your energy for today's game." Hoya sighed. 

---

Myungsoo spent the night at Sungjong's house. Being with Sungjong's parents was a nice change to the hell hole he lives at. It never felt this warm. 

"Thank you for having me..." Myungsoo bowed before leaving. It was the weekend and Myungsoo knew he had to head home eventually, but Sungjong asked if he wanted to go shopping with him, he agreed. 

"I enjoy spending time with your family Jonggie. They seem normal unlike my family." Myungsoo said and froze when he saw Sungjong expression.

 "My family is far from perfect, our father remarried two years after our mother died. I was five when she passed. I do not remember my real mom that much. My stepmother is really nice, but her son is a piece of work. I hate him and I hate how Hoya hyung changed because of him. Hoya does not smile genuinely anymore. I know when he is faking a smile."

 "I'm sorry Jonggie, I did not know." Myungsoo said as he hugged the younger make from behind.

 "You didn't know. A lot of people don't know, hyung. It's because I..."  Sungjong was starting to get choked up.  He hated talking about this.  He hated having to explain his family life.  Why did everyone think his family was perfect.

 "You don't have to explain anything  me. I know it must hurt to talk about." Myungsoo sighed. "I am going to understand how you feel now. My father is getting remarried and I will be getting a step-sister."

 "I'm sure she will not be that bad."  Sungjong said as he felt Myungsoo burry his head into his shoulder.

"Trust me, it's going to be bad." Myungsoo sighed deeply. "My father is furious with me for not coming to last night's dinner.  Sunggyu hyung went alone and I am sure he was put through a lot.  He is always put through more that he can handle."

"Myungsoo hyung, please don't get offended when I ask you this question.  I am just curious about something.  My hyung says Sunggyu hyung is a cold person.  That he does not give others the time of day.  Is there a reason for that?" Sungjong asked.

Myungsoo released Sungjong and crossed his arms.  "Hyung just acts cold because he does not want people to get to close to him.  He is scared of people getting hurt because  of him.  That is why he tries so hard to protect me from being hurt.  He keeps saying he is going to die alone because he does not want to marry someone our father is going to pick out for him.  My father has everything planned out for hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter