-45-

Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-45-

Who is Sungyeol? Is he really your guardian angel? Dongwoo's question was on repeat. Hyerin continued ask herself the same question in her head? She was taken aback from Dongwoo's enquiry and was trying to figure out the best way to answer it. Hyerin knew she could not lie to Dongwoo. He did not deserve anymore lies from her. "Ummm…Dongwoo…it's complicated."

"So, it is true! This Sungyeol, is an angel?"

Hyerin nodded. "Well he is not an angel quiet yet, he has yet to gain his wings. He is only able to gain his wings by completing his mission, helping me find love.”

"How is this even possible?"

"The whole having a guardian angel or finding love?"

"How and why do you have a guardian angel, when I am here to protect you." Dongwoo looked at his best friend with his arms crossed.

"Do you remember when I fell off the latter and asked if you called the paramedics because I was hit by a car?"

"I remember, why are you bringing that up again?"

"Because it’s true, I was hit by a car, well ten years in the future I was." Hyerin sighed, "I told you he is helping me find love. For some reason, I was given a second chance at love because I gave it up the first time I went through college. My heart was broken, but that was because I was to blinded by hate to see the truth."

"I don't understand, are you sure you are alright? Are you writing some drama plot for class?" Dongwoo placed a hand on her forehead to see if she had a fever.

"Dongwoo I am being serious about this. I was hit by a car and woke up as a teenager again. I know it sounds crazy. You believe in angels but not this." Hyerin sighed. “You are unbelievable sometimes.”

"I believe you, but it is going to take me some time to process." Dongwoo sat down, resting his head on the table. He was feeling overwhelmed, Dongwoo rarely felt this way. He only felt this surge of emotions when Hyerin is in danger.

"I know I should have told you sooner, but I did not know how. I may be a great writer, but I sometimes cannot get my words out correctly. I was also scared to tell you because I did not want you to think I’m crazy." Hyerin sat down next to Dongwoo and started to rub the back of his neck. "I'm sorry for being such a bad friend."

Dongwoo sat up quickly and placed to hands on Hyerin's cheek, "Do not say you are a bad friend, Rinnie, you are far from one. And everyone is crazy, just in different ways. By my standards, you are not crazy, in fact, you are far from it.” Dongwoo bit his lip. “I just cannot believe how clueless I was. I should have known you were telling me the truth about being hit back a car, but I thought you were just having nightmares about your parent’s death, again. I’m sorry."

"I still have nightmares about their deaths, but only near the anniversary of their death and parent’s day." Hyerin smiled at Dongwoo, "I know you are always concerned for me, Dongwoo, but…"

"Hyerin, what's wrong?"

"I think someone is watching us…" Heyrin said as she noticed two men watching them from afar. Those men who were currently watching them were the same men who followed her around Hongdae when she was with Sunggyu. She now knew who they were and who they worked for. Hyerin could not believe they were not being discrete, it seems like they wanted to be spotted.

"Who?"

"Bodyguards that the president of the university uses to spy on Sunggyu and the people who are close to him."

"Why would one of Sunggyu's bodyguards be watching us? Did Sunggyu tell him to protect you, since he is your boyfriend?"

"I don't think Sunggyu sent them, I think his father wants to dispose of me. He has threatened me before about getting close to his son. I tried to listen to his warning, but there was a gravitational pull that pulled me towards Sunggyu” Hyerin rose to her feet and held out a hand for Dongwoo. “I think we should go somewhere else to finish our conversation.”

"If these men are after you, Rinnie, I am not leaving your side." Dongwoo took her hand and pulled her close, "I will protect you."

---

"You need to do something about this! My son is too close to that girl, I do not care if you kill her. I just need her to disappear." Sunghoon yelled into his phone. "He is straying off the path I set for him, and that girl is the main reason behind his unacceptable behavior."

You know killing the girl will only make things worse.

"He can hate me all he wants, but I have his life planned of him. He knows what will happen if he goes off that plan, Myungsoo must pay."

Sir, are you sure.

"Yes, I have done it in the past and I will do it again. I made Nam Woohyun turn against my son, and I can do the same those close to Sunggyu, until he has nothing left. He would be force to obey me.”

Do you want me to start with the girl?

“No, I want you to start with Myungsoo, and then the girl…do you understand."

Yes, sir…

Sunghoon hung up his phone and rose to his feet. He walked over to the window and looked out on his college campus. "If you want to play games Sunggyu, we will play games! I will start with Myungsoo and then your little girlfriend, both will never see the light of day ever again. "

There was a sudden knock on his office door, "Who is it?"

"Yura, can I talk to you about something, Mr. Kim?"

Sunghoon walked over to the door, opining it to see a distressed young woman in front of him. He knew immediately it had to do with his son. Sunghoon had told Sunggyu not to treat Yura poorly, but he never listens. "Of course, you can talk to me Yura, my door is always open for my future daughter-in-law. What can I do for you today?"

"I have something to report that you are not going to be happy about."

“What did Sunggyu do this time?”

“This is not about him, but I saw him sneak into that girl’s dorm room window last ni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter