-22-

Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-22-

It was after class and Hyerin and Sunggyu were waiting for everyone to leave the classroom so they could talk.  Everyone was almost gone, but Dongwoo and Woohyun.   Hyerin knew it was going to be difficult for those two to leave. Hyerin sighed and was about to say something, but Sunggyu was the first to open his mouth.

"Will you two leave so we can talk about our project?" Sunggyu said in a cold voice.  He did not want to be cold to Dongwoo. He was the only who cared, and Sunggyu felt bad for being mean to him.  Sunggyu did not give a damn about Woohyun, he knew that man will always give him trouble.

"You're just discussing a project.  What is wrong with me wanting to stick around?" Woohyun asked.  "Are you going to make a move on my girl, Sunggyu." 

"She is not your girl." Dongwoo gritted his teeth.  He hated when people were possessive over his best friend and secret crush, Hyerin.  "You two are not even dating, so back off." Dongwoo growled. 

Woohyun backed away slightly from Dongwoo.  The guy was scary when he was in a bad mood, and Woohyun had heard stories how protective Dongwoo was when it came to Hyerin.  All he knew was that they knew each other since they were kids. Other than that he did not know much about their relationship.  "I mean no harm Dongwoo."

"Sure you don't." Dongwoo took a step towards Woohyun and glared at him, "I do not trust you and I never will, you..."

"Dongwoo calm down." Hyerin sighed deeply.  She looked at Sunggyu and then Woohyun.  "Woohyun ah, please allow us to discuss our project, alone.  You would just be a distraction if you stay here."  Hyerin sighed.

A smirk appeared on Woohyun's face. He could not help, but blush when Hyerin said Woohyun ah.  "Anything for you sweetheart." Woohyun winked at Hyerin and left the room, leaving Dongwoo the only other person in the room. 

Hyerin could see the annoyed look on Dongwoo's face.  She sighed deeply and stood up and walked over to Dongwoo.  Hyerin placed to hands on his cheeks. "Dongwoo, Smile..." She said as she turned Dongwoo's frown into a smile.  She hated seeing Dongwoo unhappy.  He was always a big ball of Joy.  Hyerin knew that Woohyun was making Dongwoo act like this.  She knew that she should stay away from Woohyun, but that would mean she would be breaking Sungyeol's rules.  She would have to talk to him about that later.  Hyerin did not want to lose Dongwoo like she did in the past.

Dongwoo placed a hand on Hyerin's wrist and pulled it off his face.  "See I'm smiling." Dongwoo gave her a fake smile.

"That is not your true smile." Hyerin said as she looked at Dongwoo. 

"I will meet up with you later."  Dongwoo smiled.

"I cannot meet up later I have something to do later." Hyerin said as she looked at Dongwoo.  She hoped Dongwoo would not ask her what she was doing.  Hyerin could not be truthful to Dongwoo about where she had to go tonight.  He would try and stop her from working at the place that she worked, it was not like she was an or anything.  She just worked at a bar.

"Oh ok..." Dongwoo bit his lip.  "Make sure you call me when you get in though." Dongwoo sighed.  He knew that she was up to something, but Dongwoo knew better.  He knew the affects of if bothered Hyerin to much about what she was up to.  "See you later Hyerin."

"I think he likes you." Sunggyu said as he looked at Hyerin with his arms crossed. He knew that Dongwoo's feelings for Hyerin were more sincere than Woohyun's.  Sunggyu sighed deeply and knew that he needed to stop being so nice to her.  

"Of course he likes me, we are childhood friends?" Hyerin looked at Sunggyu with a strange expression on her face.

"That is not what I meant, you babo." Sunggyu pushed himself off the desk that he was sitting on.  He looked at Hyerin and sighed deeply.  He was going to have to be mean.  Sunggyu was about to open his mouth when Hyerin turned to smile at him.

"So what would you like to discuss? I know it is not about the project." Hyerin crossed her arms and looked at the man.  She already knew Sunggyu well enough to know what he was somewhat thinking.  Hyerin had a feeling that this was about his father.  She knew that he knew that Sunggyu's father talked to her.

"This friendship that is starting can't happen." Sunggyu said as he tried not to show emotion.  He was taught this, but he was never really good at it or so he thought.

"We haven't even discussed being friends, and why can't it happen.  Don't tell me it is because of your father."  Hyerin looked at Sunggyu with her arms crossed.

"This not about my father, it is about what I want. Not what he wants" Sunggyu slammed his hand against the desk and turned away from Hyerin.  He could not face her.  Sunggyu knew that he would not be able to lie to her face.  It was just hard to do w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter