-12-

Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-12-

 Sunggyu laid on a bench in the middle of campus with no care in the world. Not like anyone would be out at this hour. He closed his eyes for a moment and heard a noise. Sunggyu sat up quickly, fixing his glasses before he looked around, when he heard a shriek. He looked down on the ground and saw Hyerin sitting there with the look of fear on her face, "What are you doing on the ground?"  He asked coldly.

 "You scared me. I did not know anyone was still up and walking around campus." Hyerin continued to sit there and sighed deeply.  This was the last person Hyerin would expect to be wandering around at night.

Sunggyu sighed deeply as he got up from where he was sitting and walked over to where Hyerin was sitting on the ground. He held out a hand for her. "The ground is dirty. You should not be sitting there" He said with no emotion in his voice.

 Hyerin hesitated for a moment before taking Sunggyu's hand. He pulled her to her feet and sighed. "I heard your date was canceled."

 "Why does it matter to you?"  Hyerin asked in a cold voice. 

 "Because I do not want to be bothered by that idiot  more than I already am.  He asked me because I was apparently the last person you were with." Sunggyu sighed. He did not even know why he was explaining himself to this girl. What was the point? Why did she need to know the reason for his question.

 "You were not the last person I was with this evening." Hyerin crossed her arms. "Why does he even care? He was the one who canceled on me. Not like I am officially dating him." Hyerin sighed deeply. 

 "Did it hurt you that he canceled on you?" Sunggyu asked the girl.  He did not know way, but he did not want to see this girl hurt.  Sunggyu's father gives out a few scholarship to those in need and Hyerin was one of them.  He did not bother asking his father at the time because he did no care.  Now he was curious about this girl and her story. "Who were you with ?

 "No, it doesn't. Why are you evening asking me such a question? Why does it matter to you who I was with?" Hyerin shivered slightly.  She did not bring a sweatshirt with her.  It was mid-august.  "Don't you hate Woohyun? It seems like you care at him." Hyerin asked. "Who I was with is none of your damn business."

 "Care.  Why would I care about that bastard. Hate is such a strong word. I don't...well I do hate him, but I'm jealous of him because he gets to do whatever he wants. I have to live under a microscope and follow what is planned for me." Sunggyu sighed deeply and suddenly realized what he just said. He needed to change the subject. "I'm sure you has a nice time with Dongwoo." Who else would she be with? "Why did you agree to a second date with him anyway?"

 "He was such a gentleman on the date and he seemed like a different person. His feelings seemed sincere, but now I am not too sure about them." Hyerin said and sighed at the same time. Everyone knew how close she was to Dongwoo. It does not take a genius to figure one out.  "I've been told time and time again to follow my heart, but I find it difficult to do when it is already broken."

 Broken?

 In what way?

Sunggyu continued to ask himself those two questions.  Hyerin always came off as a happy person to him.  Was there something that he did not notice before.  Sunggyu sighed deeply, "Broken hearts are hard to fix, but anything that is broken can be fixed." Sunggyu said as he looked at Hyerin. He is not one to give out advise because the advise he is given out should be advise for himself. He was broken himself and did not know how to mend.

 "Not everything can be fixed Sunggyu, you of all people should know that." Hyerin looked at Sunggyu and watched his expression change. She was waiting for him to yell at her like before. Like the first time she was in this situation with him.

 "Your right, but that does not mean you should give up on something because it cannot be fixed." Sunggyu sighed with his arms crossed.  He had no clue why he was saying something like this.  He was as confused with his feelings more than ever.

 "That void will always be there. Its...I..." Hyerin froze. She could not get the words out.  The void in her life was not being able to see her parents again. They were never...

 "Hyerin..." Sunggyu took a step forward as he pulled something out of his sweatshirt. It was a tissue, and at that moment, Hyerin finally realized she was crying. "I'm sorry if I said anything that hurt your feelings." 

"You did nothing wrong. It's just..." She took the tissue from his hand and dried her tears away.  She did not know how to explain herself to him.  Did he actually care for her feelings for once?

 "Your thinking about that void in your life." Sunggyu asked and watched Hyerin nod. "Do you want to talk about it?" Hyerin shook her head no. "Can I walk you back to your dorm? I can't let someone who is upset go somewhere on their own."

 Hyerin nodded yes. She suddenly felt something warm draped over her shoulders.  Hyerin placed a hand on the warm object and noticed that Sunggyu wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter