-36-

Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-36-

Hoya stretched his hands above his head and breathed in the fresh air, today was his day.  The day that he was waiting for since college started.  Today was the University's Sports Festival that everyone had to participate in.   

"Are you sure your ankle is alright, Hyung?" Sungjong asked as he looked at his other brother with his arms crossed.  He came here today with his parents to support both Hoya and Woohyun.  Sungjong wondered if anyone knew that Hoya and Woohyun were step-brothers.

"My ankle is fine Jonggie!" Hoya placed a hand on top of Sungjong's head, messing up his hair.  "There is nothing you need to worry about."

"When you say there is nothing for me to worry about I worry. This is not the first time that you said you were fine, but you were actually hurt." Sungjong sighed as he looked around, "So is noona around?"

"I don't know, Dongwoo went looking for her."  Hoya crossed his arms and sighed deeply.  He still could not believe that he told Dongwoo that he had feelings for Hyerin.  Hoya also hated that he had so much competition to win Hyerin's heart.   He knew that there were three other men besides him that she was close to.  He understood why she was close to Dongwoo, they are childhood friends and should be close. But he did not understand why and how she became close to Sunggyu and Woohyun.

"Why didn't you go looking for her? Aren't you trying to win her heart?" Sungjong asked.

"I am, but Dongwoo is her childhood friend. I cannot be selfish and ruin their friendship.  Dongwoo was with her when she lost everything.  He knows her better and he is the best person to go find her, right now."  Hoya sighed.

"Did something happen?"

"Not that I know of..." Hoya sighed. He hated that Sungjong was asking him so many questions.  Hoya did not need this right now.  He wanted to focus on the Sports festival.  Hoya wanted to do really well to impress Hyerin.  He wanted to get her attention.

"Ok..." Sungjong bit his lip and sighed, "Well, I am going to go find noona." Sungjong said as he ran off.

"Yahh, Lee Sungjong." Hoya yelled and was going to run after his younger brother when he saw Dongwoo in the distance, not doing what he said he was going to do. Hoya was frustrated and tried to calm himself down as he made his way over to Dongwoo.  Hoya knew that he had temper, and he was trying to learn how to control that temper.

"YAHHH DONGWOO!"

---

Sunggyu crossed his arms and glared at his father.  He did not really have time for his father's insults today.  "Why did you call me here father?  I have sports day to attend to, and I am excited to participate."

"Stop talking out of your Sunggyu, and quit making excuses to get away from me." Sunghoon said as he slammed his hand on his desk, "I know how much you hate sports."  Sunghoon said as he tried to contain his anger as he pulled something out of his jacket.  "I thought I warned you about being around this girl." Sunghoon said as he slammed the pictures of Sunggyu hugging Hyerin by the Han River.  "Are you dating this girl behind my back when I told you to date Yura."

"I have no feelings for Yura and I never will. Stop trying to make us happy because like I said before it will never happen."  Sunggyu said as he glared at his father, "Why are you stalking me with your stupid bodyguards."

"Kim Sunggyu, stop acting like a child and listen to your father for once.  That girl will bring you nothing but heartache." Sunghoon said. "I can see that you are already getting emotionally attached to the girl because you are able to connect with her well.  You are attracted to her vulnerability, and I don't blame you for that."

"You are the person who brings me nothing but heartache." Sunggyu yelled.  Sunggyu took a deep breath and spoke calmly, "I am not attracted to Hyerin because she is vulnerable, I like her because I feel comfortable with her.  There is something about her that makes this horrible world I feel in feel bright; the is my light" He did not even think of the consequences that his words were going to have.  He normally did not talk back to his father or confess what he was truly feeling.

Sunghoon rose to his feet and slapped Sunggyu across his face. "How dare you speak to me like that.  This is your first strike, Sunggyu. If you keep hanging around this girl, things will only get worse for the two of you.  If you ever get in a relationship with this girl, she is never going to see the light of day again. You're light will disappear and you will have no choice in doing what I say."

"Yes, father..." Sunggyu said as he bowed before walking out of his father office.  He ran down the hallway and came to a stop when he knew that he was far enough away.  Sunggyu was trying so hard to hold back his tears, but could not any long

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter