-18-

Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-18-

"Why do you want to know what he said?" Hyerin asked, "Not like it is important." Hyerin sighed deeply as she continued to walk down the road. Dongwoo was questioning her again and she hated it.

"You seemed upset and..." Dongwoo sighed, "I am just looking out for you Hyerin.  I do not want to come off as over protective, but I cannot help it." Dongwoo caught up to her and placed a hand on her should. "You are someone who is very important to me and I do not want to see others hurt you. It is hard to trust people who go near you.  I want to make sure their intentions are good."

"And you do not think Hoya's intentions are good?" Hyerin asked Dongwoo. She was wondering why he was acting like this.  Dongwoo has been acting like this ever since Woohyun asked her out on a date. Was he jealous or something? Dongwoo was not the type of person who would get jealous easily or was he.  This was different from the past.

"I think he has good intentions.  I also think Sunggyu has good intentions, even though he is a bit rough around the edges. I think Sunggyu is just like that because of his father.  His father is very scary. I never seems Sunggyu act so..."

"Soo what?" Hyerin asked.  She wanted Dongwoo to say what was on his mind, which wasn't hard. Dongwoo always spoke his mind.

"I am trying to find the correct words. You're the Journalism major so you should know." Dongwoo sighed.

"You know that Journalism is not my major right. I am just in the journalism club." Hyerin sighed.  "I think the word you are looking for is timid."

"That's it." Dongwoo clapped his hands together.  "Sunggyu's father is so intimidating and it is scary."

"He runs the university. Of course he would be intimidating, even to his own son." Hyerin sighed.  Hyerin knew how Sunggyu's father was.  He threatened her may times to say away from his son in the past, but she did not listen to him.  She remember the day clearly when Sunggyu said those hurtful words.  They were words that she should have expected from the cold man, but she through he was changing for the better.

"Hyerin..." Dongwoo grabbed her arm and pulled her into his chest.

Hyerin came out of her trance and looked into Dongwoo's eyes.  She looked behind her and finally realized that she almost crossed a busy street.

"What were you thinking?" Dongwoo pulled her into a hug.  He did not want to let go.  "You could have gotten yourself killed if I did not stop you."

"I would be with my parents then...I would..."

"Don't say that!" Dongwoo asked as he looked at Hyerin with a worried expression on his face.  Dongwoo knew that she became this way on the death anniversary of her parents.  She always said that she would be with her parents. She would get to say things that she did not get to say before that died. They were three simple words, "I love you."

"Don't say what?" Hyerin asked, "That I want to see my parents again?" She was starting to get upset again.  This was why Hyerin locked her heart up.  She did not want to have the feelings that made her feel broken.  Hyerin did not want her heart to get hurt again. 

"Hyerin, how many times do I have to tell you this. You're parents are always with you, in here." He pointed to her chest. 

"You're right what was I thinking..." Hyerin looked down at the ground.  Dongwoo was right.  Her parents were always in her heart.  She was starting to realize that locking her heart up was the wrong decision.  It had brought her down the wrong path.

Dongwoo sighed and placed a hand on top of Hyerin's head and patted it, "No need to talk down on yourself."

"But..."

"But, nothing Hyerin." Dongwoo sighed deeply and took her hand in his.  He started to pull her towards where her parents souls were resting.  "After we visit your parents, how about we see mine.  They have been asking about you lately, and want to have dinner the four of us."

"Ok, Dongwoo." She gave him a fake smile.

Dongwoo looked at Hyerin and sighed.  He knew her smile was not sincere.  Her smiles were never true anymore.  Dongwoo knew that she was never happy.  She only pretended to be happy for his sake.  Dongwoo wishes that he could truly make her smile, but that has yet to happen.  He has only seen Sunggyu and Hoya make her truly smile.  Dongwoo was wondering what he was doing wrong.

"Dongwoo...YAHHH Jang Dongwoo...

"What?" Dongwoo asked as he snapped out of his train of thought.

"Were here."

---

"What did you say to Hyerin to make her act like that?" Hoya asked his brother as they walked towards their parents apartment. 

"Nothing that you need to be concerned about." Sungjong said trying to avoid the question. 

"Don't tell me you asked her if she had romantic feelings for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter