Dumb

New Addiction

"Hey Sunggyu, this is our new employee, Nam Woohyun."

Sunggyu widened his eyes and turned around to see the man he would never expected to be an employee here at the cafe. 

"You-you what are you doing here?!"

"You guys know each other? That's good then. Take care of him."

"Didn't you say if I earn my own money, you will befriend me and give me your number?" Woohyun grinned.

"I did... But I didn't expect you to really ..."

"Can you give me your number now then?"

"No! Not now, wait till you get your first pay..." 

Woohyun pouted, "Fine." And started walking away. 

"Where are you going?"

"To work?" 

"Aren't you staying at the front counter?"

"Why? Do you want me to stay?" Woohyun turned around, beaming.

"No-no! Go away! I'm just making sure you won't stay at the front counter!"

"Why? Can't concentrate when you see my face?" 

Sunggyu laughed dryly, "You mean I would probably wanna puke looking at your face right?"

Woohyun whined and stormed to the back of the kitchen.

"What's Nam Woohyun working as?" Sunggyu asked.

"Him? He's washing the dish and throwing the trash?"

'He won't last long.' 

"I bet he will last for a long time." Another man said.

"Jongie! You're back!" Sunggyu shouted in excitement as he pulled the other into a hug. 

Woohyun who heard the man shouting, walked to the front counter to see what's the commotion about only to see Sunggyu and a lady hugging. He felt his heart breaking into million of pieces at the sight and quickly walked back to the back of the cafe. 

--

"Yah Nam Woohyyn ! Where's the plate?! Can you be faster?!" 

"Give me a moment! I'm almost done!" Woohyun shouted from the kitchen, struggling with all the plates. 

Seconds later, he could hear footsteps stomping into the kitchen and quickened his movement. "Give me a moment. I will be done soon!" 

But the plates were taken away from his hands. He turned to his side to see Sunggyu washing them and stared in awe. Sunggyu noticing the other were not washing the plates but instead was staring at him, shouted "What are you looking at?! Wash the plates!" Woohyun was quickly back to earth and started washing the plates again. 

When they were done and was about to bring the plates out, one of the glass cup got knock over by woohyun and broke into pieces on the ground. "Oh my god I'm sorry!" 

Sunggyu winced when his hand got pierced by the broken pieces when he tried to pick the pieces up. Woohyun, being the worried guy he is, quickly took Sunggyu's hand in his. "Are you okay?! Let me look at it!" But Sunggyu pulled his hand back, picking up the plates again. "If you can't do anything right then quit." With that, he walked with quick footstep back to the front counter while Woohyun continued squatting there, feeling hurt, useless and guilty all at once. 


Woohyun found the first-aid box in the kitchen and wanted to bring it to apply some medication on Sunggyu's hand but too late. There he saw again, the lady from before and Sunggyu sitting at one of the table while the lady treated his hand. Woohyun looked at the first-aid box then back at the two and walked back into the kitchen, with his head down. 

"Treat him better for goodness sake. He seem like a nice kid."

Sunggyu scoffed at that sentence. "I didn't ask him to come to me." 

"But you attracted him."

"He can just leave if he want to. I don't care." 

"Myungsoo said he is a really nice guy and take really good care of the one he love. Don't let him go."

"Oh god. Lee Sungjong, let me tell you this. I don't want to get into a relationship." 

"Are you still not over that guy from back then in high school?" 

"No! He's the reason why I don't want to get into a relationship." 

"Oh hyung. You just stared at him everyday, you didn't even go up to him. How do you expect him to know about your existence." 

Sunggyu pouted slightly. "I don't care. It's all the past now. I don't want to talk about him again!" With that he walked back to the front counter. 

--


"Hey Woohyun. Since it's your first day of work, do you want someone to accompany you for lunch and introduce you around the places?"

Sunggyu looked at anywhere but not the man, praying that he won't be picked by woohyun. 

Woohyun looked at Sunggyu for awhile and shook his head, "It's okay. I will go by myself." 

Sunggyu was relieved but felt that it was weird. He was expecting Woohyun to ask for him to go for lunch with him but the man just went out of the cafe by himself. 

"Aren't you going with him?" Sungjong asked .

"For what?"

"Aren't you worry that he might lost his way later." 

"He won't. He's not that stupid." 

"Hoya told me he's dumb though." Sungjong said, finger tapping his chin. 

"He's dumb, but not that dumb to lost his way through this small street."

"Say the 'smart' one that lost his way on his first day." 

"What's that suppose to mean."

"If a smart person like you can lost his way, then I don't see how it's impossible for a dumb person to lost his way." 

"I hate you." Sunggyu groaned, as he make his way out of the cafe, chasing after Woohyun. 

"Nam Woohyun! Yah Nam Woohyun!" Sunggyu shouted but the lone figure did not stop and instead walked with his head down. 

"Yah!" Sunggyu practically shouted as he gasped for air. 

Usually, Woohyun would be happy to see Sunggyu but not now... "What are you doing here? Didn't you say you hate me? Now I'm leaving you alone, why did you come?"

"Yah, what's wrong with you?"

"What?"

"Did something happen?"

"Nothing..." 
 
They walked in silence for the rest of the walk but Sunggyu broke the silence when he saw Woohyun walking into the convenient store. "Where are you going?"

"To eat."

"We are going there." Sunggyu said, pointing at one of the eatery not far away from them. 

"We?" 

"What? You don't want to eat with me?" 

"Don't you hate me a lot?"

"Fine. You eat here. I eat there." Sunggyu said, already walking away from the convenient store.

"Sunggyu shi wait for me!" Woohyun shouted as he ran up up to the other, with that idiot grin on his face again. 

--

"Are you alright?" Woohyun asked, eyeing the wounded hand. 

Sunggyu followed woohyun's sight and smiled dreamily. "It's alright. It's taken care of with love!"

"Love..." Woohyun mumbled, looking down at his food. 

"What did you say?" 

"Nothing." Woohyun said and stood up from his seat. "I will go back first."

"What? Wait for me!" 

"I need to get back to work." 

"There's still time."

"I will go and wash the plates first just in case." 

"What if you lost your way?"

"I know my way back." And with that, Woohyun walked out of the eatery.

"Yah! Wait for me!" Sunggyu shouted, half standing as he rushed to take a few more spoons of his rice. 

--

"How was it?" 

"You er. He didn't react like the way you said." Sunggyu groaned, punching Sungjong's shoulder. 

"How would I know? You didn't have to punch me." Sungjong winced, rubbing his shoulder. 

"Did you try it you, yourself before?"

"I saw it from drama." Sungjong smiled cheekily, backing off when the other glared at him. 

"Lee Sungjong you are unbelievable." 

"But you believed in me." Sungjong grinned. 

"And I totally regret it." 

--

"Hello. May I take yo-. What are you doing here instead of staying at the back?"

"I have ended my shift." 

"You don't have to wait for me, I can go back on my own."

"I'm going first then. See you tomorrow." Woohyun said, ruffling his hair which received a glare from the other but Woohyun just smiled at him. 

Sunggyu pouted slightly when Woohyun really did leave the cafe by himself. 

"And someone was saying he was being ignored." 

It's Sungjong again. 

"Go away! He's behaving weirdly because I listened to you!"

"He's dumb so are you." 

"Yah!" 

 

 

 


Sorry for not updating this story in such a long time >< I hope there's still someone reading this haha >< thank you to everyone who subscribed and upvoted ^^ I will update this story more frequently from now on. Have a nice day and do continue supporting ♥️