Still Holding On

New Addiction

"See! I told you guys! Without Nam Woohyun around, Sunggyu hyung is just the lifeless Kim Sunggyu." Myungsoo said, pointing at Sunggyu who has cupped his hands over his cheeks, arms resting on the counter top. 

"Hyung, one latte." Myungsoo said, standing in front of the man, who have straighten himself when he spotted his friends. 

"Caramel frappe wasn't your cup of coffee?" 

"Nah. That was Woohyun's order."

"Woohyun?" Sunggyu frowned.

"Yea. You were too blind to have spotted him standing outside the cafe."

Sunggyu widened his eyes. "You mean he came that time and you didn't tell me?!"

"He planned to keep it a secret anyway." Myungsoo shrugged his shoulders, and a smirk make it way onto his face right after. "Hyung, you miss him, right?"

"Obviously not. You guys don't know how happy I am now that he is gone." Sunggyu said, turning his back to Myungsoo as he make his drink. 

"Oh don't lie. You looked much better when he was around." Hoya interrupted. 

"No, that's not it. It's because there isn't much customers now." 

"What are we then?" Sungyeol said, smirking at him.

"Bunch of kids who came for free food and drinks."

"We pay too okay!" 

"Whatever. Go and take a seat. Your drinks will be served soon."

-- 

"So you guys knew long ago that he was leaving?" Sunggyu asked as he brought their drinks to the table that was filled with chatters and laughters which died down when the question spilled from Sunggyu's mouth. 

"Not everyone. But we knew." Myungsoo said, pointing at himself then Hoya.

"Why didn't you guys tell me?"

"We told you we want him to tell you. We don't want you to feel like you are being left behind again." 

"But I don't like him. I won't feel that again." 

"Hyung, deny all you want. We know you do like him. Woohyun has been so clingy towards you, you're bound to have some sort of feelings for him."

"So what if he is clingy?"

"We all knows that you tend to get overly dependent on someone over the time, and Woohyun is no exception."

Right. They were all right. Sunggyu has always been the type of person to feel lonely. And when someone comes along, he will become dependent on them, and at times, the fear of the opposite being annoyed with him, builds up over time. 

"If you haven't noticed, you have been calling every single one of us up for supper after your shift every single day."

"And you guys are annoyed?" Sunggyu lowered his head, feeling apologetic towards his friends.

"No, it's not that, hyung. We are not annoyed, we can never get annoyed with you. We just need you to start realizing your feeling towards Woohyun." Dongwoo said, giving his hand a squeeze to assure him. 

"He knows. I have told him... What I feel towards him." Sunggyu said quietly. 

"You told him?! When?! Why didn't we know?!" Sungyeol shouted. 

"That's between us, why should we tell you." Sunggyu glared at the man.

"Was it during the truth or dare game?" 

Sunggyu nodded his head, feeling embarrassed. He had wanted to keep this between him and Woohyun only. 

"So you do like him." Sungjong said, taking a seat at the table. 

"That's not for you guys to know!"
 
"Hyung is finally in love again!" Dongwoo said excitedly, pulling Sunggyu into a hug.

Amidst the excitement, there were two lone souls that were worried. Myungsoo and Hoya looked at each other quietly, as if communicating through eye-contact.

"Yah, aren't you guys going to join the hug?!" Sungyeol shouted, cutting them off from their own world. 

"Of course we are." Myungsoo said and joined the hug alongside Hoya. 

"I swear you guys are suffocating me!" Sunggyu shouted as his friends squeezed him in between all their bodies . 

"This is a moment to celebrate! Hyung, bear with us!" Dongwoo shouted happily, turning them in circle. 

--

"Now what?" Hoya asked, as the two decided to talk it out at the back of the cafe. 

Myungsoo sighed. "I don't know. Should we tell him?"

"But that would be unfair towards Woohyun."

"Then what?"

"Let's keep it from them for now. Let's tell them only when it's necessary?" Hoya suggested .

Myungsoo sighed yet again. "I guess that's the only way." 

-- 

"Hey beautiful." Woohyun grinned as he stared at the figure on the screen. 

"Oh shut up. I told you I'm not beautiful."

Woohyun chuckled. "I'm sorry but you are the most beautiful in my eyes, Sunggyu shi."

Sunggyu make a disgusted face at the man. "Are you trying to make me puke here?" 

Woohyun laughed. "Man, why am I not by your side again."

"Because you are in Japan." 

Woohyun pouted. "I want to go back so badly."

"It's only been a week, mister."

"A week without you is killing me!" 

Sunggyu bit hard on his cheeks to prevent the smile that was trying to make it onto his face. "But without you around is so much better."

"Really? Without you, life isn't as good for me." Woohyun pouted, resting his head on his pillow. 

"How's working in your dad's company?"

"Boring. I would rather be a barista at your cafe for my whole life." Woohyun groaned. 

"Do you think you can take responsibility for me just by working at the cafe?"

Woohyun grinned. "Is this some kind of indirect way of you accepting me as your boyfriend?" 

Sunggyu let out a laugh. "You wish. I was just using myself as an example for your future wife."

"Which is you, Sunggyu shi."

"Sorry, but I'm a male."

"Then be my husband."

"I don't want to marry someone who doesn't have a goal in life though." 

"I have a goal!"

"What?"

"To marry you." 

"Shut up. I'm going to sleep." 

"Noooooooo! We just started! How can you go to sleep already." Woohyun whined.

"I'm tired from a day of work. Cut me some slack, will you."

"But it's your day off tomorrow. Let's just chat for a while more. Please?" Woohyun pouted, giving him those puppy eyes.

"And I thought you like me. You won't even let me rest."

"It's because I like you so I have to see you." 

Sunggyu cringed at Woohyun's word. "Stop it. I swear you're so much more disgusting than when you were in Korea."

"It's because I'm not in Korea, so I have to constantly tell you my love for you, so that you won't forget me."

Woohyun laughed when Sunggyu's lip twitched in disgust.

"How is it in Japan anyway? The food there is nice, isn't it?"

"All you think of is food. Don't you even think of me?"

"Oh come on. Even when you're in Japan, it's like nothing changed. We video chat after work every single day. Isn't that good enough?" 

On the day, Woohyun reached Japan, he did as he said and called Sunggyu the moment he reached Japan and begged the man to video chat with him. Who knew they would start video chatting everyday now. 

"Right." Woohyun immediately smiled. "The food here is nice. Marry me and you will get to eat them more often."

"Just for the sake of Japanese food? I might as well just marry a Japanese."

"No! You can only marry me."

"Possessive even when you're not my boyfriend, aren't we?" 

"You may not be my boyfriend now, but you will be my boyfriend when I come back."

"Please make something big out of your life before you even think of being my boyfriend."

Woohyun whined, rolling around on his bed a little. "Isn't my love enough?"

"Sorry, but I don't feed on your love."

"I can work!" 

"Then please learn from your dad well, and be successful."

"But I don't want to be successful! I just want to be with you."

"Stupid." Sunggyu shook his head at the man's word. 

"Always an idiot for you."

Sunggyu stayed quiet for a moment, thinking over whether to say it out loud or not, and decided to say it out loud. 

"Put your mind and soul into learning the business and come back soon then. That's the only way to be with me." 

Woohyun's eyes lighted up at his words. "Really?! You will be my boyfriend?!" 

"No, don't get me wrong. Come back so that we can have supper together just like before." 

"Wait for me. I will be back real soon. To be your boyfriend." 

 

 


Such a badly written chapter. I'm sorry. After the next chapter, there will be a time skip and then tada some drama (okay maybe not, something will happen, everything will be cleared up) and then it will end. I will try to update as soon as possible. In the meantime, leave some comments pleaseeee.