The Date

New Addiction

Saying that things are still the same as before is an understatement . It wasn't. 

Woohyun tried to be like he always do but Sunggyu knows. He wasn't exactly the same as before. But so was Sunggyu, sometimes, it seemed like he was observing every single moves of Woohyun's, hoping to get a clue of what has happened. But he got nothing .

Almost two months and yet still nothing. Not a word from Woohyun about his problem. But he never asked the man about it too, because like he said, he would wait for the man to be ready to tell him. 

As the day goes by, the weird feeling in Sunggyu gets stronger. He don't know what was it but he didn't feel good about it. 

"Hey Sunggyu."

He hummed in reply.

"Let's go on a date. A date like a couple."

"Oh are we being delusion again, Woohyun shi."

"Just once?"

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun and he couldn't help what he was feeling. There was something in the man that reminded him of the past but he didn't know what it was. It's like buried deep in his heart and he didn't want to remember about it. Because... His past was nothing but memories he wished he could forget. 

"I will have to check my schedule though."

"I take that as a yes." Woohyun grinned, throwing hearts at him. "I'm waiting for you." 

Sunggyu shook his head at the man, but the smile nevertheless make it onto his face. "Stupid."

--

"Oh it's you. Looking for Sunggyu?" Sungjong smirked as he saw Woohyun at the door, striking a what seem to be 'cool' pose (to Woohyun) . A hand on the wall beside the door, another hand on his hip, a leg over the other and head to a side. 

"Oh it's you." Woohyun said in disappointment as he stood up straight.

"Well. Apparently the man you're looking for is taking a bath right now."

"Oh." Woohyun smiled. "Preparing to go for a date with me?"

"No, washing up after a hot make out session with me." Sungjong smirked at him. 

"As if I would believe you." Woohyun rolled his eyes, pushing the man's face away as he walked into the house. 

"Why not? You know, Sunggyu hyung is a perfectly normal man with raging hormones too if you haven't noticed." Sungjong smirked when he saw Woohyun turning to him in disbelief.

"Tell me this is not true. Oh my god."

Sungjong laughed. "Just look at you, you're so dumb. You actually believed that?"

Woohyun gritted his teeth, pulling the other man into a headlock. "You jerk. How dare you play such a joke on me."

"Wow, keep your hands to yourselves, at least keep it till you reach the bedroom." Sunggyu said casually as he came out from the bathroom, witnessing the scene in front of him. 

Woohyun immediately removed his hands, and ran to Sunggyu's side. "Sunggyu shi, don't misunderstand. There's nothing between me and that jerk." Woohyun said, throwing Sungjong a glare. 

"That's so sweet, already calling him a jerk." Sunggyu teased while Woohyun could only whine even more. "There's nothing between us."

"What are you doing here anyway? Looking for Sungjong?"

"What business do I even have with him. Of course I'm here to look for you."

"Looking for me to get help on getting Sungjong, right?" 

"Sunggyu shi!" Woohyun groaned, puffing out his cheeks and crossing his arms over his chest. 

Sunggyu seeing this, laughed. "So what are you doing here?"

"To go on a couple date with you!" Woohyun grinned. 

"Couple date? When did I agree to it?" 

Woohyun immediately gave him a pout. "But it's your day off."

"So? I didn't agree to it." Sunggyu said, falling back onto his bed.

Woohyun pulled on his hand, whining. "Sunggyu shi, let's go on a date. Pleaseeeeee?"

"This is not going to work." Sunggyu said, acting unaffected. But oh god, Woohyun whining was so annoyingly cute that Sunggyu was going to give in any time soon.  

"Sunggyu shi!" Woohyun whined even more, pulling on his hand and acting like a kicked puppy.  

"Woohyun, I swear you're so annoying. You won't leave me alone till you get what you want, don't you."

"Yea. You know me so well." Woohyun smiled cheekily. "So go on a date with me. Come onnnn!" He whined yet again.

"Oh fine fine. Go out now."

"I will be waiting for you!" Woohyun said excitedly, throwing hearts along the way, his back never facing Sunggyu. Not even once.

"Wait. Be-" Sunggyu scrunched his face as if in pain when the man's back collided with the wall. 

Woohyun winced in pain but quickly turned to Sunggyu again, giving a smile.

"Freaking dumb." Sunggyu muttered.

--

Out at the living room, it was yet another childish fight with Sungjong.

"You're so dumb, Sunggyu won't fall for you if you continue behaving like this."

"He likes me okay!"

"Delusion. How delusion." Sungjong sighed, walking away but Woohyun immediately caught him in another headlock once again.

"Stop calling me dumb, you !" Woohyun groaned, giving Sungjong a knock on his head.

"Ouch! Stop it if not I'm going to tell Gyu hyung!" Sungjong grumbled under him.

"Don't call him Gyu hyung!" 

"Honestly, Woohyun shi, are you sure you came to look for me today?" Sunggyu said, amusement in his tone.

"Of course I am. I was just teaching this brat a lesson." Woohyun gave the man a smile, patting Sungjong's head which the man quickly moved away.

"Let's go then."

Woohyun happily skipped to Sunggyu's side, scanning the man from head to toe. "Ohhh~ You look good today."

"Hyung! He's saying you don't look good on other days!" Sungjong interrupted the moment.

"Shut up!" Woohyun shouted and turned back to Sunggyu. "Sunggyu shi, I didn't mean that, I mean you look good on any other day too but you look extremely good today."

Sunggyu shook his head at the man. Dumb, definitely dumb .

--

"Where are we going?" 

"Watch a movie and then have lunch, a typical date."

"I thought you will be different." Sunggyu said in all honesty.

"Why? Are you disappointed?" Woohyun gave him a playful smile.

"No, I don't expect anything from a dummy."

"Don't call me a dummy." Woohyun pouted. 

"But you act like one." 

"Are you angry again?" Sunggyu asked when the other man gave him no reply. 

"No. Stop saying I'm angry when I'm not. I'm just trying to concentrate here."

"Oh wow."

"I don't want to be called a dummy again just in case I get you into an accident alongside me."

Sunggyu smiled at that. 

--

Screams sounded in the cinema, and Woohyun found himself clinging onto the sleeve of Sunggyu's shirt tightly, yet the man, on the other hand, seemed to be really calm. 

Woohyun turned his head to the side when something scary seemed to be popping out of the screen and saw the man's head lolling to the side. And Woohyun smirked, thinking the man must be scared too.

"Sunggyu shi, are you perhaps scared too?" Woohyun whispered loudly but got no reply. 

He leaned forward and took a closer look and he felt like smacking his head. Sunggyu was freaking asleep. How in the world does someone fall asleep during a horror movie, and Woohyun was starting to question himself if Sunggyu was just any human. 

Taking the chance, Woohyun hid his face in the other man's shoulder throughout the movie since he was sound asleep. He cursed at himself for even choosing this movie in the first place. He was hoping Sunggyu would be too afraid to watch and would cling onto him but he ended up being the one clinging onto the man. 

"Sunggyu shi, wake up. The movie has ended." Woohyun shook the man vigorously, successfully waking the man up.

"Seriously, how in the world can you fall asleep during a horror movie?" Woohyun asked in disbelief .

"Well, after years of living with Sungjong, such movies no longer have any effect on me. That kid totally love horror movies." Sunggyu mumbled, rubbing his eyes. 

"Screw him then." 

"Why? Were you hoping for something like me being too scared and hiding my face in your chest. In your dream then, Nam Woohyun shi." Sunggyu gave him a smile that Woohyun hated so much at the moment . 

"Where did you say we're going again? Lunch? Can we have ice-cream afterwards?" 

"Anything for you, love." Woohyun grinned at him. 

Sunggyu gave him a disgusted look at the nickname. "Can you not call me love."

"Nope, can't do." 

"Oh shut up. What are we having for lunch?"

"Spaghetti!"

"Anything but spaghetti please."

"Why?"

"I just don't like it."

"Then what do you want?"

Sunggyu gave the man a smile and Woohyun didn't like it yet again.

--

"Chinese food isn't romantic man." Woohyun groaned.

"What does romantic got to do with food?" Sunggyu asked, already splitting his chopsticks into two, his lips at the food in front of them. 

"Nevermind...." 

Woohyun have imagined that they eat in a nice restaurant with music playing softly in the background, candles lighted in the dimly-lit place but they ended up in a Chinese restaurant, with loud chattering going around here and there, ruining the moment. 

"Aren't you going to eat?" Sunggyu asked when he saw the other man pouting and not eating. 

"Hmm? Yea." Woohyun said, still pouting as he picked up his chopsticks.

"Did something happened again?" 

Woohyun flinched at the question. "No... Of course not." He said, poking his rice. 

"Woohyun. Do you remember what you asked for? I haven't got an answer." Sunggyu said, observing Woohyun's every move.

"Soon... I will tell you soon. Not today, please?" 

Woohyun looked so scared, and Sunggyu didn't know why but he didn't feel good about this. The insecure feeling he has been trying to ignore, overwhelmed him once again. What was Woohyun going to tell him? He didn't feel good about it. 

--

"Oh come on! Let's just ride this for once!" Woohyun pouted, swinging Sunggyu's hand. 

"No. I'm not going on that. Oh my god just let me go home." Sunggyu groaned as he stared at the roller-coaster ride in fear. 

"Just once! Pleaseeeee?" 

"No! Are you going to ensure my safety? What if something happened to the ride?" 

"What can happen? Come on! If anything happens, I will protect you."

Sunggyu rolled his eyes. "How are you going to protect me."

"I will die for you." 

"Idiot. Your life is freaking screwed."

"I don't mind if it's screwed by you." Woohyun gave him a cheeky grin. 

Sunggyu shook his head at the man's statement because he was honestly dumb. 

"Gyu, please?" 

"Gyu?! Who said you can call me that." Sunggyu gave him a disgusted look. 

Woohyun whined even more. "Pleaseeeeee. Just this once! I haven't been on one for a while." 

"Then tell Myungsoo and Hoya to come with you."

"But I only want to come with you!"

"But I don't want to come here. Never."

"Come on. We are here on a couple date, look at all the couples." Woohyun said, looking longingly at all the couples. 

Couples were standing in the queue, taking photos together, feeding each other every now and then.

"We are not a couple if you have forgotten."

"We are here as a couple today."

"That doesn't mean anything."

"We are suppose to do things couple do."

"Shut up with your crap, Woohyun." 

"Fine! Let's go home." Woohyun huffed his cheeks, and stomped away . 

"There we go again." Sunggyu rolled his eyes, and quickly ran to catch up with the other man. "Yah! Just once!" Finally, he gave in. 

Woohyun turned around, all smiley and quickly ran to Sunggyu's side. "Really? You will ride it with me?!"

"If not who else." 

"You're the best, Sunggyu shi!" Woohyun said excitedly and pulled Sunggyu to join the queue.

"You acting mad, it was an act, isn't it?"

"No... I was really mad."

"Right, mood swing."

-- 

They queued for half an hour before they finally get onto the ride, and in that short span of time, Woohyun has annoyed Sunggyu for a few times. 

"Sunggyu shi, let's take a photo together!" Woohyun said excitedly as he posed for the photo. 

Sunggyu gave him an annoyed look. "Nah, I'm not taking it with you."

"Why?!"

"Don't feel like it."

Woohyun whined again. "We haven't taken a photo together before!"

"That's a good thing to hear." 

Woohyun pouted, but quickly pulled Sunggyu closer to himself and posed for the picture again. And click.

"Who said you can take my photo without my permission?!"

"Oh well, since you didn't want to do it, I have to do it myself. Aww look, you look so cute even when you're angry."

Sunggyu took a look at the photo, and wanted to snatch the phone from Woohyun. "Delete it! It look so ugly!"

"It's not ugly, we look so good together."

"Delete it! I swear if you don't delete it, I'm never going out with you again."

"You're always threatening me like this." Woohyun pouted as he used his phone a little too much to Sunggyu's liking. 

"What are you doing?" Sunggyu tried to take a peek at the phone but Woohyun quickly pulled it close to himself. "Nothing."

"If I delete it, will you take one with me?"

"What if I say no?"

"Then I'm not deleting it."

Sunggyu groaned. "Oh fine! You're always doing this to me too." 

Woohyun shook his fists in the air excitedly and quickly pulled his phone out and deleted the photo in front of Sunggyu. 

"You have to take one with me now! No going back on your word!" 

"Fine fine. Quickly before I change my mind." 

Woohyun pouted when he saw that the other man wasn't smiling. "Smile a bit, Sunggyu shi."

"I will do as I like. I only said I would take a photo with you, I didn't say I would smile." 

Woohyun pouted a little but nevertheless smiled when he took the photo. 

And the photo actually turned out quite well and Woohyun couldn't help the stupid grin on his face as he stared at his new wallpaper. 

"Stop staring at the photo like that, you're freaking me out."

"It's because we look so good together."

Sunggyu rolled his eyes at the statement. 

--

"Why did I even agree to this." Sunggyu muttered as he was finally on the roller coaster. And he regretted in the moment for agreeing to ride on the roller coaster with the other man.

Woohyun laughed when he saw the look on the man. "Are you that scared of it?"

"I'm not scared! I just don't like it."

"Do you want to hold my hand?" Woohyun asked as he held his hand out.

"Trying to take advantage of me again huh?" Sunggyu stated and grabbed onto the handle instead. 

Sunggyu shrieked when the ride started, and grabbed the handle even tighter. And then there's Woohyun who was screaming in excitement. 

Sunggyu shut his eyes tight, knuckles turning white as the hold on the handle got tighter and tighter but halfway through the ride, a hand grabbed his. He turned to Woohyun and the man just gave him a smile. 

Sunggyu couldn't care anymore about 'Woohyun wanting to take advantage of him' and grabbed both his hands tightly, hiding his face in the other man's shoulder slightly. 

--

Sunggyu's grip on the man's hands loosen when the ride has stopped, feeling dizzy. 

"Man, I should bring you here more often." Woohyun teased. 

Sunggyu quickly pulled his hands back. "I'm never coming here again."

"Oh come on. This is fun!" Woohyun chuckled, running after Sunggyu. 

"Do you want to take a rest first?" Woohyun asked as he grabbed Sunggyu's hand.

"What the hell. Don't hold my hand." Sunggyu tried pulling his hand back.

"We already held hands just now, what's the problem now." Woohyun gave him a grin. 

"That was because I hated that ride."

"You mean scared, right? Let's go take a rest there." Woohyun said, pulling Sunggyu to the bench not far away from them. 

"Do you want water, ice-cream or cotton candy?" Woohyun asked.

"Ice-cream and cotton candy." Sunggyu gave him a smile. 

"Sit here and don't go anywhere else. I'll be back soon."

--

"Sorry. The ice-cream melted while I was queueing for the cotton candy." Woohyun said, panting and perspiring from all the running. 

"It's fine." Sunggyu gave him a smile as he took both the ice-cream and cotton candy then he realized Woohyun didn't buy one for himself.

"Aren't you eating?"

"Hmm? No, I will just watch you eat."

Sunggyu sighed. Woohyun was being dumb again. "We can share." He said, passing the cotton candy to the man. 

"What about you?" Woohyun asked.

"I will just have the ice-cream."

"No! It's okay. I will go buy another one, you can have it." Woohyun said, pushing the cotton candy into the other man's hand.

"Woohyun, stop being dumb. We can share." 

"Then have a bite first." 

Sunggyu sighed, taking a bite in surrender. Woohyun grinned, taking a bite off from where Sunggyu bite just now. 

"That's an indirect kiss!"

Sunggyu laughed slightly. "You're so dumb." 

--

The car drive back home was too quiet for Sunggyu's liking, Woohyun obviously know he wasn't asleep but he wasn't talking to him. Usually, when Woohyun walk Sunggyu home, the man would always try to flirt with him or start a stupid conversation with the man. 

Sunggyu turned to look at the man beside him occasionally and he didn't seemed like he wasn't going to start a conversation anytime soon, and Sunggyu didn't know what to say. 

Everything just felt so weird. From when Sunggyu asked the man about what he promised to tell him to this unusually quiet car ride . 

"Hey Woohyun." 

He hummed in response.

"Why aren't you talking?"

"Talk? About what?"

"I mean, you usually talk a lot when you sent me home but you're so quiet now." 

Woohyun laughed slightly. "It's because you are always asleep when I drive you home, I guess it became a habit."

"What became a habit?"

"A quiet drive while sending you home?"

"Oh."

And that ended their conversation yet again. 

Sunggyu thought the man would start talking to him but no, the man drove quietly, occasionally humming alongside the song playing from the radio. And Sunggyu liked it because Woohyun's voice has a soothing effect on him and he found himself slowly dozing off yet again in Woohyun's car. 

--

"Sunggyu shi, wake up." As usual, the man woke him up when they reached his house and Woohyun would walk him to his door gate. 

"I hope you had fun today, I definitely did have fun." Woohyun smiled at the man. 

Sunggyu gave him a small smile. "I won't deny I had fun too."

"Wanna take a photo together again?" Woohyun asked, already ready to pull his phone out.

"No! Taking photos is reserved for boyfriend too."

"Another restriction." Woohyun pouted . 

"Be honored you got at least one photo because I rarely take photos with anyone." 

"Aww yes. I'm honored." Woohyun gave him a stupid grin.

Sunggyu shook his head at the man. "Quickly go now, have a good rest."

"Aww you're actually caring about me." 

"Its because I don't want you to be late for work tomorrow."

Sunggyu noticed the smile on Woohyun's face dropped at the mention of work. "Are you dreading work already? Knew you wouldn't last long." 

"No! How can I dread work when I get to see you."

"Eww. Stop being disgusting. And please don't stare at my face in that picture."

"Too bad, I'm gonna do that."

"I swear I'm freaking out if you do that. "

Woohyun laughed. "Go in. Have a quick bath and sleep."

"What about your call? Not calling again?"

Woohyun smirked at the man. "Why? Do you wait for my call every night. Aww I didn't know you love me that much."

"I don't love you! Good that you're not calling, I was still worried that I have to fight the drowsiness just to wait for your call in case some female hormones try to kill me the next day for not picking up his call." 

"I don't do that!" Woohyun whined. "Go in now! Stay warm, and sleep early." He said, ruffling his hair much to Sunggyu's dislike.

"You nag too much, female hormones." Sunggyu said and started walking towards the door.

"Bye!" Sunggyu shouted slightly as he was going to close the door.

Woohyun waved his hand, smiling at the man. 

But the smile immediately disappeared when the man closed the door. 

 

Goodbye...

 


I hope it was okay (oh man it's finally a longer chapter, slightly haha) >< alright, I won't be updating in a while, prelims and national exams are all coming up and stressing me (I can't even with all this stress) . Though I would really like to give you guys an update soon but I decided not to because I don't want to leave you guys hanging for too long after that next chapter if I did update (I didn't leave you guys hanging and dying already, right?) hahaha. The story is really really really coming to an end soon and I'm hoping that you guys will read it till the end, I will do my best ^^ 

thank you for subscribing and commenting ! ♥️ Keep the comments coming in ~~~! Hahaha (sorry I don't have time to reply comments ><) have a good day ♥️