The Truth

New Addiction

"Woohyun, are you okay?" Myungsoo asked as he took a seat opposite Woohyun. 

It has been three days since Sunggyu left after the confession. And that was not what bothers Woohyun, but the fact that Sunggyu knew him as 'Captain Nam from Myeongsung High soccer team', he is positive that he did not know Sunggyu back then, so how did he know him. 

--

-Day of confession-

"You... Are you Captain Nam of Myeongsung High soccer club?" 

Woohyun's eyes widened slightly at the mention of 'Captain Nam'. Captain Nam... How did Sunggyu know him as that? 

In a confused state, Woohyun answered him. "Yea, but how did-"

"Kim Myungsoo! Why didn't you tell me?" Sunggyu shouted, cutting off Woohyun's word. 

"Hyung... That-" 

Without even listening to Myungsoo, Sunggyu turned back to Woohyun. "I'm sorry." And ran out of the cafe. 

--

Woohyun sighed. "Is this why you didn't allow me to confess?" 

Myungsoo nodded. "Honestly, I didn't think that hyung would recognize you just by your voice." 

"But... How did he know me? We didn't know each other back then." Woohyun frowned.

"You didn't know him, but he knew you since high school." 

Woohyun frowned at Myungsoo's word. What in the world was he saying. 

"I guess it's time for you to know the truth." Myungsoo sighed as he saw the frown on Woohyun. 

"Remember how you used to sing on the rooftop of the school?" Woohyun nodded .

"Well... That was where hyung used to hang around too. That was his hanging spot with his ex-boyfriend if you were to call him that." 

"What do you mean?" Woohyun frowned, again. 

"Remember about the guy that I told you before? The smoker. The one who held hands and kissed with Sunggyu but never went official with him? He was into rock music just like Sunggyu and they hit it off really well, and that's how they started." 

"They formed a band by themselves alongside some other students who loved rock music too and the both of them were the lead singers in the band. They spent a lot of time together, doing music that they like and Sunggyu hyung... He probably fell for him while chasing for their dreams together." 

"They were of the same age and they were in the same class too, and that gave them more time to spent together with each other. Sunggyu hyung always laughed like a teenage girl in love whenever he did something chidish and funny in a way, and that was a bonus point. He was totally the guy that Sunggyu would fall for."

"Then, hyung probably figured out his feeling for the rocker in their second year and he tried so hard to always be by the rocker's side. That guy was smart and he probably could guess that Sunggyu was in love with him. I'm not sure if the rocker loved him back then, but, one day, he came to our house all drunk, speaking in languages that we didn't know and Sunggyu had to take care of him for the the night. I was going to give him a hot towel but I saw the rocker leaning in to kiss Sunggyu, I was shocked, so shocked that I couldn't move my legs. I ran away, I didn't know what happened afterwards but ever since after that night, the two of them were always holding hands, walking around together just like a sweet couple." 

Myungsoo paused to look up at Woohyun and saw a look of jealousy (?) in the man.

"Don't be jealous. That guy is gone."

"I'm not jealous! It's just that, why don't I fit the kind of man that Sunggyu likes? I'm childish too." Woohyun pouted. 

"Oh my god. Is he freaking serious right now." Myungsoo breathed. 

"Anyway, back to the story. After they 'got together', they always hung out at the rooftop of the school, kissing and singing together. That was the happiest I have ever seen of him." 

Myungsoo sighed. "When they were almost finishing their second year though, Sunggyu received the news that he died. Rumors had it that he was a heavy smoker and got himself killed with cigarettes while some said he migrated and used death as an excuse but no one really knows, not even Sunggyu." 

"After he was gone, hyung never did music again, and the band disbanded. He was pretty ty after his death and then boom! You came into the story." 

"Me?" 

"Uh-huh, you. Remember? It was our first year back then, we make a bet on a girl that you were suppose to confess to, damn you practiced so hard for it." Myungsoo laughed. "I didn't know hyung still hung around at the rooftop even after he passed away, and he kind of heard you singing back then and you sort of became someone he got attracted to. "

"He found out that you were in the soccer club and went to watch every match with you in it. Remember how both you and Hoya were in the soccer club? We thought he went to the match for Hoya, but it turned out to be for you." 

"But wasn't there another heartbreak for Sunggyu? Who was it?" 

"You!" Myungsoo half-shouted. 

"Me? But I didn't even know him, how could I have hurt him?"

"Well, he was at the cafe too when you confess to that girl we betted on, and then he was back to isolation. He cried, but none of us knew of the reason back then until he opened up to us when he graduated." 

"You broke his heart but he still looked over you. He continued going to the soccer matches with you in it, and went to the rooftop often, hoping to hear you singing there again but oh well, you had to leave for Japan in after half of our second year there . Ever since then, Gyu hyung never tried to get into another relationship again." 

Woohyun was dumbfounded. Sunggyu liked him in high school? He was the cause of Sunggyu's second heartbreak? 

"You're saying... We knew each other since high school?"

"You can say it in that way." Myungsoo shrugged his shoulders. "He sort of forget you sometime after you left but I guess he still remember your voice." 

Damn it. Woohyun was so sure now, that he stand no chance anymore. Sunggyu will never be his boyfriend, no matter how hard he try. Never...

 

 


 

Nothing much to say... Thank you for all the support all this while. I will do my best till the end, please give your support till then too :) 

sorry for the short chapter too, because this chapter was mainly for the truth so there isn't much additional stuff, but I promise next chapter will be good! I hope so ><