Page 2 (Chan Yeol's pages)

Vehement Brightness! [Hiatus]

 

 
 
 

 Page 2 (Chan Yeol)

“Of course I will! If she doesn’t protect herself first!”

 

Want to know why I replied that way? Heehee ^_^

As I was telling the guys how much I liked her, we secretly devised a plan. You see, JiYeon doesn’t know I’m friends with Kai and the others. So, Kai pretended to bully me all the time. He called me a “smile freak” and kept trying to trip me. Honestly, I tripped by accident at first, but JiYeon became concerned about me so I didn’t mind tripping every other day ^_^ It was a small price to pay so that I could come crying to her for a bit of affection, hehehe ^^ But seriously, I really did cry (-_-) Those tears weren’t fake at all, it really hurt to be tripped by Kai. Sometimes I felt he was enjoying himself too much. But anyway, this is where Suho and D.O. come in. They talk things over with JiYeon about me and Kai. And then after the talk with her, they tell me all the things she says about me like:

 

 “Chan Yeol shouldn’t be hurt just because he smiles a lot. Smiling isn’t a crime, although it does get creepy.”

“Kai should apologize, he’s hurting Chan Yeol without a good reason.”

“Is it bad for a someone to smile? Even though Chan Yeol really is being a smile freak?”

“Chan Yeol and Kai should learn to get along. It’s better that way, don’t you think?”

 

These sentences may not mean much to other people, but these mean a lot to ME. They prove that JiYeon, although she often never expresses it, cares about me. After all, if she really did find me annoying, then my problem with Kai would be none of her business. But she still took time and talked to Suho and D.O. in resolving my problem. It felt… really nice and warm inside.

By the way, you might be wondering what happened to Baekhyun and Sehun. Actually, I didn’t need them in the plan so we just hung out normally. Later on, I started bringing them whenever I’m with JiYeon. It was funny because she said we were like aliens. She’s really cute, isn’t she? She’s so random! (^_^) But then again… if one of us were to be an alien, it would have to be Sehun. He’s the youngest and doesn’t really talk much. So when he suddenly says something, we would all be amazed and would clap our hands. He’s a really cute one too (^_^)

So that was pretty much how we were for the rest of our elementary years. I’ve learned that JiYeon only laughs a lot when she’s with us and that she only ignores someone she’s close to. That’s why I don’t get mad at her when she’s annoyed with me or when she ignores me: to be honest, I’m the only one she treats that way. It makes me feel special because she’s straight-forward with me, she’s honest and tells me what she feels. She’s completely herself when she’s with me. Towards other people, she doesn’t ignore them as much, and when she’s irritated she won’t tell them. It’s only because she doesn’t want to hurt them. But with me, she knows she can be comfortable and just let me know straight up. Whenever I think about how special I am like this, I thank God that I’m a happy-go-lucky person. Because if I were someone else, if she told me she’s annoyed, I’d probably leave her. But I won’t ever leave her— I like to think I’m her best friend, even if she doesn’t know it herself.

Then we entered middle school…