Page 8 (Unfolding)

Vehement Brightness! [Hiatus]

 

 
 
 

 Page 8

B:“I feel like we’ll have to retell our stories soon. I feel that Kai will be telling his today.”

 

S: “… No kidding…”

 

Outside school building

 

Suho, D.O. and Chan Yeol are with JiYeon

 

S: “You sure you don’t want to comeJiYeon? (^_^) it’s free ice cream after all.”

 

J: “No thank you (^_^) I’m fine with going home for today.”

 

D: “Alright then. Have a safe trip home.”

 

C: “Text me when you get home, I want to make sure you actually made it there. Red light means stop and Green light means go. Please don’t talk to strangers.”

 

J: “(-_-) What are you saying?”

 

C: “Haha (^_^) Nothing really. (patsJiYeon) Just keep safe and stuff. Text me ok?”

 

J: “(-_-) Whatever, you idiot… (blush)”

 

Jiyeon walks away

 

A few minutes later, Baekhyun and Sehun arrive

 

B: “Shall we get going?”

 

D: “Aren’t we gonna wait for Kai?”

 

Se: (shakes his head)

 

B: “He said something came up so he won’t be able to make it. He asked us to apologize for him and tell the birthday girl he’ll treat her for lunch tomorrow.”

 

Su: “Alright then. That settles that. By the way, what special performance are you going to put on for the girl, mister favorite? Surely you should have a solo after singing happy birthday with us.”

 

C: “Hahaha (^_^) Fine, maybe I’ll do some freestyle rap for her or something.”

 

Kai catches up with JiYeon

 

“Noona! (huff) (huff)”

 

“Kai? How come you’re still here? And why are you exhausted? You look like you ran a marathon (-_-)”

 

“For the first question, I won’t be attending the party. For the second question, I’m tired because I ran from the class room to the dance practice room and all the way here just to catch up with you.”

 

“(-_-) Well for goodness’ sake, why didn’t you just ask me to wait for you in the classroom? We’re freakin’ seatmates!”

 

 

“…”

 

 

“… (slaps face) Oh, for cry it out loud, why didn’t I think of that!?”

“Hahaha! ^_^ Just what is wrong with you dude?”

 

 

“Hehe ^^ I see it Noona”

 

“?? See what?”

 

“You genuinely smiling (^_^) That’s the first for today.”

 

“… Yeah, I guess so. Thanks for being hilarious.”

 

“Well, I didn’t plan that but, you’re welcome (^_^)”

 

“So what is it you wanna talk about?”

 

“Let’s go to the practice room (^_^) I asked permission from the dance troop members if I could borrow it.”

 

“?? Can’t we just talk here?”

 

“But…”

 

 

 “I wanna show you some of my awesome moves… c’mon Noooooonaaaaaa~~~ jebal (please)”

 

“Ahahaha!! LOL dude, you’ve got me (^_^) Let’s go.”

 

“Woooohh!! (^_^)”

 

Practice Room

 

Upon arriving at the practice room, Kai the stereo. The speakers were playingSHINee’sReplay. The relaxed melody and Kai’s soothing flow of movement harmonized with each other, creating a captivating performance. JiYeon had always heard from Chan Yeol and the guys of how Kai’s such a good dancer. Watching it live is surely much better than just hearing about it.

 

Kai’s performance ends

 

*CLAP* *CLAP*

 

“Thank you, thank you (^_^) I’m here all week.”

 

“Hahaha. You’re quite energetic today, aren’t you? I really liked the performance; you were just like SHINee’sTaemin. But why did you want to show it to me anyway?”

 

Kai sits down beside JiYeon

 

“Noona, my dancing aside… why were you so down today?”

 

“? Again with that Kai?”

 

“You’re not admitting to yourself the fact that you’re jealous of the Exotics, right? You find it hard to believe, don’t you?”

 

“I told you already, it’s not like that with Chan Yeol.”

 

“Oh, but it is. I didn’t skip today’s party just to show off my dance; I brought you here to finally make you understand yourlove for Chan Yeolhyung!”

 

“(-_-)… you’re nuts.”

 

“No, no; it’s not me.You’re the one who’s nuts Noona (-_-). Let me ask, what do you feel whenever hyung mentions the Exotics?”

 

“ (exhales) Well… it was ok the first few times… but it became his most frequent topic… all about girls staring at him during PE… girls greeting him in the morning… girls wanting to … shake hands with him… all about girls wanting to get to know him… it made me feel so uncomfortable… I mean… I’m a girl too, right? Isn’t it enough to have me around? Why does he have to talk about girls when he’s with me?”

 

“Hahaha (^_^) Oh my, she really is jealous. She’s starting to talk like a girlfriend.”

 

“I’m not! And besides… Chan Yeol’s the one acting like a boyfriend all the time… picking me up for school… walking me home… eating with me… listening to me when I rant… and being patient with me always… If I didn’t know any better, I probably would’ve mistaken him for someone with a crush on me.”

 

“But he does have a crush on you!”

 

“Again, that joke is not funny.”

 

“(cricket noises) (-_-)…”

 

“ Anyway,… I have all his attention…So… I’m not jealous... I’m not… for sure I’m not… (turns to look at Kai)… Am I?”

 

“Noona, this must be the first time you actually thought of hyung as a guy. (claps) I’m so proud of you (^_^)”

 

“Shut up kiddo… well maybe I am jealous… a jealous friend maybe?... man, since I’ve never felt this way, I really can’t tell what it is. But there’s no way it’s the romantic type of jealousy… like I said, Chan Yeol’s more like the opposite of my type.”

 

“Exactly what is your type Noona?”

 

“Unlike Chan yeol, I prefer someone who isn’t too tall. Maybe just a little above me. Someone who doesn’t talk too much and expresses his concern gently. I’d like a guy who has an innocent feel about him… like a child… but at the same time, I want there to be moments where he expresses his maturity and manliness… someone I want to rely on me, and at same time, who I feel I can rely on…”

 

“Noona,… this is just a guess but, are you trying to describe Baekhyunhyung?”

 

“BaekhyunOppa? He’s my type?”

 

“Yeah, exactly your type. He’s really sweet and somewhat childish, but takes care of Sehun a lot. He’s got an innocent feel too, but he’s pretty manly when he gets serious. Plus he’s good at math (-_-) I swear, it doesn’t get any manlier than when a man overcomes math.”

 

“Hahaha (^_^) Maybe it’s because I rarely hang-out with Baekhyunoppa that I failed to notice he’s my type.”

 

“Why do you even like that type Noona?”

 

“Well… it’s a little personal… it has something to do with why I’m not as outspoken as other people…”

 

“Then Noona, I’d very much like to know.”

 

“… This is something I’ve only shared with Chan Yeol… so opening up to Kai like this, I’m not used to it.”

 

“But I think you should be. And not just to me and hyung, but to the rest of the gang. We’re here for you (^_^) And if you start opening up to every one of us, you’ll see that we’ll start opening to you as well.”

 

“… um… give me some time…”

 

“Hmm… I have an idea! (^_^) You and I missed out on ice cream with the guys. So I’ll treat you to ice cream and after that we’ll have a trade: your story for mine ^_^.”

 

“Oh… (smiles) thanks Kai… now that I think about it… I’ve never had the chance to get to know you and the rest of the gang in a more personal way… Would you mind trading stories with me?”

 

“Not at all Noona! (^_^) Let’s do this thing!”

 

Kai takes JiYeon to buy some ice cream and they sit on a bench at the playground near the school.

 

“Alrighty then Noona ^_^ Whenever you’re ready, just start talking.”

 

“…yeah…”

 

“(about to take a bite from his ice cream)…”

 

“When I was…”

 

“Whah! (Kai jerked as soon as JiYeon started talking). Don’t just scare me like that Noona.”

 

“But you said to start when I was ready (pouts).”

 

“Yeah; but I didn’t think you would be ready so soon (^_^). Hahaha, sorry Noona. Say it again.”

 

“No… (bites from ice cream) you laughed at me… Kai’s a meanie…”

 

“Aww, c’mon Noona~ I said I was sorry. (starts doing aegyo, aegyo, aegyo and more aegyo)”

 

“Hahahaha! (>_<) Kai stop! Your face looks so freakin’ weird.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone ^_^ This will be the last update for now, since it's my exam week =) I'm sorry to leave you guys hanging!