Will You be Mine (A Valentine's Day side story)

Vehement Brightness! [Hiatus]

 

 
 
 

 Hello there everyone! ^_^ As intended, I made a special chapter just for Valentine’s. Sorry that it’s super late! >_<

 

This is completely a side story, and has nothing to do with the actual story.

 

Enjoy

 

Also, special appearance by EXO M’s Lay!

*Hyung means older brother in Korean (used by guys). As for Chinese, it’s gege (^_^) (used by both genders) (Yey for Chinese~ I’m actually half Chinese guys, if you didn’t know >_<)

 

Kai was running everywhere.

Searching every classroom, every hallway and every floor.

Today was Valentine’s Day—so where in the world could Ji Yeon be?

 

“Aish… where is Noona? (pouts)… I have to find her before Chan Yeol hyung gets to her… or even worse, before she sees Baekhyun hyung (-_-). It just isn’t easy to search for someone and hide from someone at the same time.”

 

True enough, Kai couldn’t search in peace because there were fan girls hunting him down—a truckload of chocolates just waiting to bombard him, enough for the fan girls to trap him in their grasps.

And Chan Yeol was no different. Because he wanted to give her freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, he couldn’t pick Ji Yeon up for school. But what was the point in getting her the gift if he couldn’t even find her? He moved like a ninja, swiftly and silently searching for Ji Yeon while avoiding his fans.

 

In the school’s garden…

 

“Gosh… looks like this will take forever… but I guess it’s better than not getting to him at all.”

 

While her two lovers were looking for her, Ji Yeon waited in line to give Baekhyun her chocolates. Seeing her waiting in line made Baekhyun blush; he wanted her chocolates more than anyone else’s—he didn’t think it would actually happen! He should’ve prepared something too; if only he could have her cut-in-line, ahead of everyone else! Then he’d grab her hand and just run away with her. But of course, it would be rude—a line was a line, he had to be fair to the other girls.

 

Just then, both Kai and Chan Yeol saw each other at the hallway—Kai with a teddy bear stuffed toy, red ribbon around its neck, and Chan Yeol with freshly baked cookies wrapped in a cutely decorated box. At one look, they knew it was a battle to have Ji Yeon. But as they glance out the window, there she was! In the garden, falling in line to give Baekhyun her chocolates! She was still pretty far though, some 10 more girls to go!

 

There was still time to steal her!

 

Hurriedly, the two boys ran as fast as they could.

 

The fight had begun!

 

Kai pulled out a water gun and started squirting at Chan Yeol. The water hit his eyes, and he bumped into a wall. Just why was Kai carrying that thing around anyway?? The cackling Kai teasingly looked at Chan Yeol and continued running. Chan Yeol stood up quickly and ran after him. Once close enough, he took out his phone and played a song—EXO’s Growl. As soon as Kai heard the song playing, his body automatically started dancing. He couldn’t stop!

 

“So long, er Jong In! (^_^)”

“Yah!!!! Hyung!!!”

 

Chan Yeol placed his phone in Kai’s back pocket—knowing that he wouldn’t be able to reach it while dancing. He scurried along, sticking his tongue out at the younger.

4 minutes had passed and Chan Yeol was about to exit the school building and enter the garden. But, just when he thought he was home free, his fan girls had found him and blocked his way! There was no chance of getting through that huge flock of girls! He quickly ran back where he came from.

 

Meanwhile, the song had ended and Kai was already headed Chan Yeol’s direction. To his surprise, Chan Yeol just ran pass him.

 

“Huh? Was that hyung?”

 

Suddenly, the floor rumbled and Kai saw exactly what Chan Yeol was running from. The girls saw him and ran even faster—feeling lucky that they would get both Chan Yeol and Kai. And as sure as the Earth is round, Kai ran for his life, catching up to Chan Yeol.

 

“Yah!! Hyung, how could you let them find you!?”

“Whatever; that doesn’t matter right now! Do you know any other route to the garden??”

“Uh… Oh! The dance room! It has a window that leads exactly to the garden!”

“Yes!”

 

Chan Yeol quickly grabbed his phone from Kai’s back pocket and replayed the song—sending kai to another dance number.

 

“Hyung!!”

“Sorry, Kai! (^_^) All’s fair in love and war!”

 

Chan Yeol took off.

 

“Fudge!!! (0_0)”

 

A minute of dancing of the panicking Kai, then Kyung Soo passes by.

 

“Jong In? Why are you dancing to Growl in the middle of the halls?”

“Hyung! Please, turn off Chan Yeol hyung’s phone! It’s in my back pocket! Quickly, before the fan girls catch up!”

 

It was a bit difficult since Kai was moving too much, but D.O. successfully got the phone and turned off the music. The ground was starting to shake again—the fans were approaching!

 

“You and Chan Yeol are racing for Ji Yeon right? (^_^) Better get going! Only 5 more girls, and she gets to Baekhyun! I’ll hold off the fans.”

“Thanks hyung! I owe you one!”

 

Kai ran as fast as he could. He got an idea and took out his phone.

 

*RING RING*

 

“Yeoboseyo? (Hello?)”

“Hyung! Are you in the dance room?”

“Oh hey Kai (^_^) Yep, pretty much—it’s about the only place free from fan girls.”

“Chan Yeol hyung is heading there right now! Whatever you do, don’t let him get to the garden through the window! Please!”

 

Lay looks out the window and sees Ji Yeon in line to give her chocolates to Baekhyun.

 

“Oh, I see (^_^) Alright then. Better speed it up kiddo.”

“I know! I’d just freaking teleport to the garden right now if I could!”

 

“Then, why don’t you?”

 

“Huh? Hyung, what are you saying?”

“Your power is teleportation, remember? Don’t tell me you already forgot about EXO’s MAMA music video!”

“Oh my freaking gosh…”

 

“I can teleport.”

 

Kai stops running and concentrates, focusing his thoughts on the school’s garden. And just like that, he vanished from the halls.

 

Maenwhile, Chan Yeol had arrived at the dance room and slammed the door open, revealing a Lay looking at him deviously. Obviously Chan Yeol didn’t know why, but right now that didn’t matter. He headed for the window, but Lay blocked him.

 

“What’s the rush Yeolie?”

“ Gege (older brother), Ji Yeon is out there! I need to get to her now!”

“Sorry, but I can’t allow that (^_^) It’s nothing against you personally, but Kai asked for my help so I can’t let you out.”

“What!? Why are you taking his side?”

“Actually, I’m not really on anyone’s side (^_^) If you had asked me first, then I probably would be helping you. ”

 

Chan Yeol knew he was going nowhere; it would be a miracle to escape Lay. He tried to come up with ideas—looking outside the window, he suddenly saw Kai fall out of the sky! What in the world? Kai quickly ran towards Ji Yeon, who was now just a few feet away! Panicking, Chan Yeol was going nuts. He was getting so frustrated, he punched the wall of the dancing room—his fist smelled like smoke. And then it hit him…

 

Kai must’ve teleported! Then that means…

 

“Lay ge, think fast!”

 

Chan Yeol launched a small fire ball at Lay. Lay managed to dodge it, but part of his leg got a bit burnt.

 

“Duuuuudddeee!!! (-_-) That hurt!”

“I am so soooorry gege! I swear I’ll make up for it all my life, if I have to! But right now, I have to go!”

 

Chan Yeol hurriedly ran out the window.

Lay sighed, and used his power: healing.

“Geez… people really do crazy things for love (^_^) Then I guess…”

 

…may the best man win.

 

Kai was shocked to see Chan Yeol catch up. Chan Yeol pulled Kai’s leg and both of them fell to the ground. As they looked up, only one girl was left until Ji Yeon would finally give Baekhyun her chocolates!

 

The last girl had finished…

Baekhyun and Ji Yeon were now in front of each other.

 

“Oppa… Happy Valentine’s day. Will… you be mine?”

 

 

“I…”

 

Baekhyun was about to accept the chocolates and reply to Ji Yeon with a resounding “Yes!” But from the corner of his eye, he saw the 2 tormented souls watching him with sorrow in their eyes. Kai hugged his teddy bear tightly and Chan Yeol held the box of cookies close to his heart—both boys shut their eyes to avoid seeing their defeat. Baekhyun’s heart ached for them. As he looked at Ji Yeon, she had a look of desperation on—it would be sad not accept her, after she had waited all this time. Baekhyun’s heart melted for all three of them… what was a poor guy to do?

 

“God… can you give me some advice? I’m in quite a pickle here…,” Baekhyun prayed to himself.

 

At that moment, a thought lit up in his head.

 

“Ji Yeon, I'm sorry. But I can't accept your chocolates or be your Valentine.”

 

Baekhyun ran towards the 2 boys and hugged them, trapping one on each arm. The 2 suddenly opened their eyes--thinking that their defeat had been accomplished.

 

"Because I'll be dating these 2."

 

The 2 looked at Ji Yeon's confused face--her chocolates were still in her hands!

Wait a minute... so what was going on?

Chan yeol and Kai looked at each other, and then looked at Baekhyun who was smirking at them.

 

"Alright Ji Yeon, good bye! (^_^) Maybe next year! I'm off to date these 2 idiots."

 

Baekhyun drags the 2 boys away from Ji Yeon.

 

"NOOOOOO!! NOONA! SAVE US! THIS TEDDY BEAR IS FOR YOU! NOT FOR THIS CRAZY HYUNG!"

"JI YEONNIE!! HEEEELLPP! I GOT COOKIES JUST FOR YOU! NOT FOR THIS INSANE SHE-MAN!"

 

Ji Yeon started to chuckle; it seems that Baekhyun had chosen a way for no one to get hurt.

"It's alright guys! Maybe next year! (^_^) Have fun with Baekhyun Oppa! You lucky guys!"

 

And so Lay, Kyung Soo and Ji Yeon laugh out loud as they watch the two boys being dragged away by Baekhyun.

 

All that racing for nothing; all that power usage, gun squirting, music dancing and fan avoiding for NOTHING!

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

 

Better luck next Valentine's guys!

 

THE END

 

------------

(>_<) hahahah! Sorry for the lame ending guys! I'm such a trolllllll!!! (>_<)Please forgive meeeeee XD Also, I think I'll be out for the entire week this time (^_^) gotta focus on my studies for a while--I love updating so much, my mind can't concentrate on anything else! (sigh) I wish this was my job or something (>_<) Anyways, I'll be back when I can! And surprise you guys with updates! :D Bye!