Page 11 (Dinner)

Vehement Brightness! [Hiatus]

 

 
 
 

 Page 11

J: “Nothing… I just felt that you needed one (^_^) Your story was so sad… but I never would have known if you didn’t tell me. So thank you for being open with me. And what do you mean by ‘other half’ anyway? How is D.O. Oppa your other half?”

K: “Hahaha (^_^) Find out on your own Noona; we all have backstories you’d never believe we had.”

J: “Oh… (pouts) that sounds kind of cool. My story was quite plain.”

K: “hahaha (^_^) (pats JiYeon’s head). Are you saying you want a sadder and more painful past?”

J: “Ahaha. Never mind; sorry about that. I guess it would be cool to have a dramatic past, but it’s not exactly pleasant is it?”

K: “Of course not; it’s a scar that takes time to heal… You know, I was actually the last to be found in EXO. I’m not going to tell you who was there first, but I feel as though the pain of our backstories escalate according to the order we were found, beginning from me. So the one who found the group, I thought that he had the saddest backstory I ever heard. But of course, that’s my opinion. You may think that the sadness levels of our stories are equal. I guess you’ll have to hear for yourself Noona (^_^).”

J: “Wow… that really does sound interesting… (he was the last one to be found huh?... the first person he met was D.O. Oppa… maybe D.O. was the one found just before Kai…)”

Kai and Ji Yeon arrive at Ji Yeon’s house

J: “Thanks a lot Kai. You cheered me up today, and I’m really grateful for that. (^_^)”

K: “No problem, anytime Noona (^_^). Remember to study hard ok? We have a quiz tomorrow about today’s science lesson. And I think another one about math on the day after tomorrow.”

J: “What!? (0_0) Seriously?”

K: “Noona (-_-) please; I knew you were down today, but how could you not hear something as important as that?”

J: “Ehehehe (^_^) My bad. Um… could you maybe help me review? Your best subject is science, right?”

K: “Umm… (blush) well… where do you want to study?”

J: “In my house, duh (^_^) We’re already here. Come inside.”

K: “(blushed) Really? … Um, are your parents home? If they are, I think I’ll get a bit shy…”

J: “Nonsense, let’s go (^_^)”

K: “Noona, wait-”

 

Before Kai could say another word, Ji Yeon tugs on his arm and pulls him into the house. Her mother was home and nearly fainted when she saw Kai; she was expecting Chan Yeol as usual. But this time, her daughter brought in another boy; with a style that’s different compared to Chan Yeol. In other words, she liked him (^_^)

M: “Well, hello (^_^). Dear, where’d you get such a fine looking young man?”

J: “Omma (mother), this is Kim Jong In. You can call him Kai. He’s a friend of mine who decided to help me study for tomorrow’s science test.”

K: (bows) (blush) “It’s very nice to meet you, Mrs. Park. Please pardon the intrusion.”

M: “It’s alright. My Yeonnie needs it anyway (^_^) She’s bad at math and science you know?”

J: “Yuuuuppp, I am ~~ (^_^)”

M: “So it’s actually a big help to her. Please come visit as often as necessary (^_^); and of course, just hanging-out here is ok too. Would you like to stay for dinner?”

K: “Thank you so much; that’s very kind of you. But I have to take care of my omma as well (^_^), so I don’t think I can stay for dinner. She’ll be back home from work later, so I’d like to prepare everything before she arrives.”

M: “I see… why not invite her to come eat as well? (^_^) The more the merrier.”

J: “Oh; I never thought of that.”

K: “(blush) Wow; that sounds so nice, but I couldn’t possibly-”

Just then Ji Yeon pulls Kai’s arm and whispers something in his ear.

“Kai, wouldn’t you and your mother enjoy eating with more than just 2 people on the table?”

At that statement, Kai thought about eating dinner with Ji Yeon’s family. He and his mother have been eating alone for years now; how warm it must be to eat together with more people on the table; it would feel just like a big happy family. Also, he was sure his mother would like the interaction with other adults. It was actually a good idea.

K: “Well… just this once wouldn’t hurt (^_^) I’ll tell my mother about it later upon her arrival.”

M: “Great! It’s decided then (^_^)”

J: “How exciting~ I get to see Kai’s mommy.”

K : “Yeah… but now that I think about it… (gulps) I’ll get to see your daddy. That makes me kind of nervous for some reason.”

J: “Oh don’t worry (^_^) He’s a really happy person; which pretty much explains why when Chan Yeol first came here, they totally connected with each other. Hahaha (^_^) Gosh, they could both smile a whole day without getting tired.”

M: “Why don’t you two head to the living room and study? (^_^) I’ll prepare some juice.”

And so Ji Yeon and Kai went to the living room, opened their notebooks and Kai started pointing out the important parts of the lesson.

Then suddenly, someone opened the door…

“(huff) (huff)”

“Oh, Chan Yeol! You look so tired.”

 “(cough) (cough) Good afternoon Mrs. Park. Man (-_-) I’m exhausted. It’s true what they say; too much can kill you. In my case, I was too excited to see Ji Yeon that I ran here at full speed. Now, I’m starting to feel nauseous… Why… why are there 2 of you? And the room is spinning…”

*THUMP*

Chan Yeol faints

M: “Oh my. Ji Yeon! Kai! Please help me over here.”

J: “What is it Omma?... Whoah! (0_0) Chan Yeol!?”

K: “Hyung! (0_0) Is he ok?”

M: “Let’s move him to the living room.”

A few minutes later, Chan Yeol wakes up with Ji Yeon and Kai looking at him.

C: “Huh? Where am I?”

J: “You’re at my house (-_-). Just why did you run so fast that it made you collapse? Are you crazy?”

C: “ (weakly chuckles) Crazy for you~”

Ji Yeon pinches Chan Yeol’s cheek

C: “Ow! Ji Yeonnie~ Why’d you do that? I thought I collapsed. You don’t hurt people who feel sick.”

J: “(-_-) You sounded fine to me. Next time when you feel sick, don’t blurt out your cheesy lines (blush). Seriously.”

C: “Ok, I’m sorry. Where’d your mom go?”

J: “She went to get you some water. You better drink a lot to feel better.”

C: “(smiles) Yeah; I will…. Hey… am I hallucinating? It’s like I’m seeing Kai.”

Chan Yeol stretched his hand to poke Kai’s face, seeing if it was real. And of course, it was real.

K: “Haha (^_^) Hyung, I’m really here.”

C: “Oh… that’s strange. I thought you had something to do; you skipped the party a while ago.”

K: “About that…”

J: “He showed me his dance moves and walked me home (^_^)”

C: “(sits up) HUH?”

J: “And he and his mom will be staying for dinner today (^_^). Isn’t it exciting?”

K: “Noona (-_-)… (you spilled the beans…)”

C: “WAIT, WHAT’S GOING ON?”